Manish just said , on WFAN , that Woody is coming back from England next year

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Chris has done nothing to instill confidence in the franchise and is just as useless as Woody. It really doesn’t matter and I expect the both of these morons to mess things up together.

Pretty much regardless of what some people like to say. I see nothing of significance with either brother. Both inept idiots after winning the lucky sperm club. That's it. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty much regardless of what some people like to say. I see nothing of significance with either brother. Both inept idiots after winning the lucky sperm club. That's it. 

I think Chris is less useless than Woody. He fired Bowles and recognized Mac needed to go as well despite timing problems. I like Joe Douglass and think it’s evidence that Chris is a better judge when it comes to hiring. He didn’t pawn decisions off to a consultant as well. I would hope he retains control. I also believe who Woody decided to work for is problematic but that is my political bias coming through. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I think Chris is less useless than Woody. He fired Bowles and recognized Mac needed to go as well despite timing problems. I like Joe Douglass and think it’s evidence that Chris is a better judge when it comes to hiring. He didn’t pawn decisions off to a consultant as well. I would hope he retains control. I also believe who Woody decided to work for is problematic but that is my political bias coming through. 

i like to believe and hope for  stuff too.  Remind me who allowed Macc one more draft before he got fired? LOL

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Do you really think for a second that decisions like the hiring and firings of HC and GM did not involve Woody Johnson's sign off?

Christopher Johnson is a warm body. A stand in.  He's Mike Pence. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, y2k8 said:

Do you really think for a second that decisions like the hiring and firings of HC and GM did not involve Woody Johnson's sign off?

It amazes me that most people don't think that. 

But of course that's the case.  It is really a case of "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" 

17 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Chris has done nothing to instill confidence in the franchise and is just as useless as Woody. It really doesn’t matter and I expect the both of these morons to mess things up together.

I think the only difference between the two of them is that the players seem to have more respect for Christopher. Back when a lot of the protesting was being done during the national anthem, Christopher Johnson approached each individual player separately and asked them if he could stand with them during the national anthem. The entire team stood and linked arms. Afterword they interviewed a lot of the players and they were impressed by his actions.  It had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with supporting the players, and showing them that he respects them.  I don’t remember Woody doing anything like that.  Maybe he has...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Christopher Johnson is a warm body. A stand in.  He's Mike Pence. 

I believe because he went through the process in person that he took the lead in the decisions but you could be right. We’ll never know

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

i like to believe and hope for  stuff too.  Remind me who allowed Macc one more draft before he got fired? LOL

LOL if you like, I wasn’t as upset with the timing as you seem to be. I’m just glad he came around to it and we seem to have a competent replacement. 

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

LOL if you like, I wasn’t as upset with the timing as you seem to be. I’m just glad he came around to it and we seem to have a competent replacement. 

I've had sex with everyone one of my girlfriends before I broke up with them. Trying to learn from my mistakes here. 

whatever anyone may think of the johnsons, they are quick to pay players big money and have built a nice training facility for the team.  i doubt if they have little to do with day to day operations of the team.  whatever revenue the stadium brings is something else.

Oh well. 

We've been to two AFC Championship Games under him. 

Without a Franchise QB and with wild GMs running the show. 

Let's see what happens with Sam Darnold and Joe Douglas running the show this time. 

All he'll need to do is cut the checks for when Sam and Douglas tell him to write the checks. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

31 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Wasn't there a quote out there about Chris keeping Mac for the HC search because he's never been involved with one before? Like he literally didn't fire Mac because he didn't think he could hire the right coach.

44 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Wasn't there a quote out there about Chris keeping Mac for the HC search because he's never been involved with one before? Like he literally didn't fire Mac because he didn't think he could hire the right coach.

It was implied at the time he didn't think he could look for both coach and GM at the same time with his limited experience running the team.  He decided to pick the coach with Mac but when he recognized that Gase and Mac weren't meshing well he made the GM move.  I actually give him credit for that.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Franchise QB and the best GM prospect we ever had...hmmm

not singing his praises but that's something