What if the Jets DON'T draft an OT in the 1st 3 rounds?

1 hour ago, Jets0712 said:

Then we’d have 3 skill players than

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly. Rather 4. 

Imagine.

Jerry Jeudy. 1st. 

Michael Pittman Jr. 2nd. 

Cole Kmet. 3rd.

Cam Akers  3rd.

_________

WR 1 - Jerry Jeudy. 

Slot - Jamison Crowder. 

TE 1 - Cole Kmet. 

TE 2 - Chris Herndon. 

RB 1 - Le'Veon Bell. 

RB 2 - Cam Akers.

WR 2 - Michael Pittman Jr. 

________

Sam Darnold (over night) immediately now has Mahomes and K.C types of offensive FIRE POWER. 

And guess what? Our QB/WR/RB/TE positions are all fully loaded. 

And can draft O-Line around Sam 1st/2nd/3rd round while focusing on CB/Edge too come 2021 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

it won't be a disaster if they don't

Unless they get tremendous value at other positions of need, AND get additional veteran help at OT via trade or FA it WILL be a disaster. 

We CANNOT. I repeat, CANNOT go into next season with Fant, Edoga, McDermott and some low tier developmental 5th or 6th round OT. 

36 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Unless they get tremendous value at other positions of need, AND get additional veteran help at OT via trade or FA it WILL be a disaster. 

We CANNOT. I repeat, CANNOT go into next season with Fant, Edoga, McDermott and some low tier developmental 5th or 6th round OT. 

And we can not head into 2020 with Perriman and Vyncint Smith as Sam's two outside WR's and some low tier developmental 5th or 6th round WR. 

That's worse than Mason/Plaxico for Sanchez who destroyed him as a QB after losing Holmes/Braylon of 2010 and the kiss of death for Sam Darnold @ WR. 

Our O-Line actually has way more talent and POTENTIAL than our WR core. 

JD is a former O-Lineman he should have an eye for 2nd and 3rd round (x2) on-line talent. 

You can have all the O-Line in the world but without WRs scoring TDs those lineman will still get your QB killed due to no WRs getting open. Holds the ball too long; injured. 

Mangold and Brick couldn't score TDs. They couldn't even keep Pennington healthy. Our offenses still stunk unless running 30x per game. Because 19 years no #1 WR. Sanchez too. Hello. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly. Rather 4. 

Imagine.

Jerry Jeudy. 1st. 

Michael Pittman Jr. 2nd. 

Cole Kmet. 3rd.

Cam Akers  3rd.

_________

WR 1 - Jerry Jeudy. 

Slot - Jamison Crowder. 

TE 1 - Cole Kmet. 

TE 2 - Chris Herndon. 

RB 1 - Le'Veon Bell. 

RB 2 - Cam Akers.

WR 2 - Michael Pittman Jr. 

________

Sam Darnold (over night) immediately now has Mahomes and K.C types of offensive FIRE POWER. 

And guess what? Our QB/WR/RB/TE positions are all fully loaded. 

And can draft O-Line around Sam 1st/2nd/3rd round while focusing on CB/Edge too come 2021 

Where do I find the :Puke: emoji??

A TE??? Really? After what Griffin did to get extended? Plus Herndon? Plus Wesco last year? Absolutely nuts.

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And we can not head into 2020 with Perriman and Vyncint Smith as Sam's two outside WR's and some low tier developmental 5th or 6th round WR. 

That's worse than Mason/Plaxico for Sanchez who destroyed him as a QB after losing Holmes/Braylon of 2010 and the kiss of death for Sam Darnold @ WR. 

Our O-Line actually has way more talent and POTENTIAL than our WR core. 

JD is a former O-Lineman he should have an eye for 2nd and 3rd round (x2) on-line talent. 

You can have all the O-Line in the world but without WRs scoring TDs those lineman will still get your QB killed due to no WRs getting open. Holds the ball too long; injured. 

Sorry, I disagree. And I'm not advocating for ignoring WR until Rd. 4 or 5. I think we need to take a WR with one of our 1st 4 picks. However, Crowder in the slot with Perriman, rookie/Smith/Doctson on the outside with Herndon and Griffin at TE, one of the best pass catching RBs and maybe, just maybe even Enunwa, we are WAY better as far as pass catchers than what we have on the O-line- especially at OT where we LITERALY have 3 OTs on the roster total, none of whom have more than a full season of starting experience. 

Darnold will not get killed with Perriman, V.Smith, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, a 4th/5th rd. rookie and Bell if he has good protection because JD invested in a Top LT.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Sorry, I disagree. And I'm not advocating for ignoring WR until Rd. 4 or 5. I think we need to take a WR with one of our 1st 4 picks. However, Crowder in the slot with Perriman, rookie/Smith/Doctson on the outside with Herndon and Griffin at TE, one of the best pass catching RBs and maybe, just maybe even Enunwa, we are WAY better as far as pass catchers than what we have on the O-line- especially at OT where we LITERALY have 3 OTs on the roster total, none of whom have more than a full season of starting experience. 

Darnold will not get killed with Perriman, V.Smith, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, a 4th/5th rd. rookie and Bell if he has good protection because JD invested in a Top LT.  

100 % agree. Sooo many guys devalue the oline. I never understood that. With no time to pass or no holes to run through, playmakers are irrelevant because you can't get them the ball.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Where do I find the :Puke: emoji??

A TE??? Really? After what Griffin did to get extended? Plus Herndon? Plus Wesco last year? Absolutely nuts.

Ryan Griffin and Wesco aren't Kmet. 

Wesco caught all of 2 catches last year. He's a run blocking TE and this isn't 1930 anymore; he sucks and should've went undrafted. 

And Brady couldn't be stopped with two TE sets in Gronk and Hernandez. Nothing to laugh at. 

I'm just speaking hypothetical but Herndon Jr and Kmet would be nasty.

TEs are QBs best friend too. 

And lol give me a break about the Jag Griffin already. No defense respects him. None will ever fear him and he's mediocre. 

7 years and a career high 440 yards and seasons of 91, 158, 244, 251, 305, 320 and 442 receiving yards?

An average of only 1.7 TDs per year with seasons of 0, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 & 5 TDs?

He's not good @ all. 

I don't even want a TE early I was just hypothetical speaking but Griffin is a jag all teams have guys like him.

Gronk and Hernandez in a passing league say hello. Greatness. 

Don't laugh people off while at the same time comparing a 7 year nothingness jag in Griffin to KMET or else you'll become the one laughed off @

17 minutes ago, PepPep said:

We literally have the worst WR core in the NFL.  

22 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ryan Griffin and Wesco aren't Kmet. 

Wesco caught all of 2 catches last year. He's a run blocking TE and this isn't 1930 anymore; he sucks and should've went undrafted. 

And Brady couldn't be stopped with two TE sets in Gronk and Hernandez. Nothing to laugh at. 

I'm just speaking hypothetical but Herndon Jr and Kmet would be nasty.

TEs are QBs best friend too. 

And lol give me a break about the Jag Griffin already. No defense respects him. None will ever fear him and he's mediocre. 

7 years and a career high 440 yards and seasons of 91, 158, 244, 251, 305, 320 and 442 receiving yards?

An average of only 1.7 TDs per year with seasons of 0, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 & 5 TDs?

He's not good @ all. 

I don't even want a TE early I was just hypothetical speaking but Griffin is a jag all teams have guys like him.

Gronk and Hernandez in a passing league say hello. Greatness. 

Don't laugh people off while at the same time comparing a 7 year nothingness jag in Griffin to KMET or else you'll become the one laughed off @

Go back and research Griffins highlights and stats from last year. I watched every game last year, this guy is plenty good enough. If Sam isnt protected, playmakers will be irrelevant anyway.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Oh, I agree. We should be drafting OL, OL and more OL. 
but let’s not pretend that the WR core is any good. Because it’s not.  

No but I feel like Crowder, Perriman, and Doctson plus 2 good TEs in Griffin and Herndon can wait for their next teammate until the 2nd round. Oline has a glorified TE watching Sam's blindside. Yikes.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No but I feel like Crowder, Perriman, and Doctson plus 2 good TEs in Griffin and Herndon can wait for their next teammate until the 2nd round. Oline has a glorified TE watching Sam's blindside. Yikes.

Then we’re in agreement here.  OL needs to be the priority.  Sam is good enough that if you give him time he’ll put up points.

But those WR’s aren’t any good.  Losing Robby hurts.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Then we’re in agreement here.  OL needs to be the priority.  Sam is good enough that if you give him time he’ll put up points.

But those WR’s aren’t any good.  Losing Robby hurts.

JD is gonna focus on OL or WR early that’s a definite 

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Go back and research Griffins highlights and stats from last year. I watched every game last year, this guy is plenty good enough. If Sam isnt protected, playmakers will be irrelevant anyway.

Who says we can't go Jeudy RD1 followed by...

RD 2- Olineman.

RD3A: O-Lineman.

RD3B: O-Line. 

Round 4: CB. 

Round 5: Edge. 

Round 6A: O-Lineman.

Round 6B: Running Back. 

Who's saying we can't draft this kid out of Florida who could've played for MIA/FSU/GATORS but selected Alabama as Sam's new favorite target and still not massively improve a JD built offensive line (1st year GM)?

State of FLORIDA producers HOF legends @ skilled player positions even our non All Pros like Coles and Moss etc are sick. I could make a top 100 list about it lol 

But Jeudy is different. He's the pride of Florida's draft tomorrow. Our 2019 Bama Bowl Game MVP. 

You can no longer talk Florida NCAA kids without talking Jerry he's different and special. I've loved many came before him too he's crazy freakish fk a 40 straight line this kid is straight fire on the football field Florida ? Alabama champion ?

Forget these 1st round O-Lineman corn bread sloppy out of shape man childs. I'm gambling my $$$$ on the state of Florida. 

Especially our former FIRST ROUNDERS. 

4th rated O-Lineman over Jerry? I'll turn off the draft.

Not really but wouldn't ever hear the end of it. He's first team All-Pro first 3 years. Unstoppable first year. 

Darnold had success with Robby Anderson ppl. Robby Anderson.

Undrafted.

Another FLORIDA KID.

Couldn't teach his Florida speed.

But he's only 1/10th of the route runner that Jerry has been since high school turning down Florida Gators for Bama. 

Now just imagine what Darnold does with Jeudy (O-Line or not). 

1st round State of Florida NCAA LEGEND.

State of Alabama had to cross Florida state lines in order to steal our prized H.S recruit. 

He's one of Florida/Alabama's greatest talents goes for you too Julio Jones. 

He destroyed it with or without Tua too. 

These 1st round O-Linenan could only dream of being born with this kids God gifted natural talents. 

There might not even be a HOF O-Lineman drafted this year let alone 2-3 year All-Pro 1st team I'm not at all impressed with these guys. 

I'm betting my money $$$ on 1st round Wars vs these 1st round O-Lineman. 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who says we can't go Jeudy RD1 followed by...

RD 2- Olineman.

RD3A: O-Lineman.

RD3B: O-Line. 

Round 4: CB. 

Round 5: Edge. 

Round 6A: O-Lineman.

Round 6B: Running Back. 

Who's saying we can't draft this kid out of Florida who could've played for MIA/FSU/GATORS but selected Alabama as Sam's new favorite target and still not massively improve a JD built offensive line (1st year GM)?

State of FLORIDA producers HOF legends @ skilled player positions even our non All Pros like Coles and Moss etc are sick. I could make a top 100 list about it lol 

But Jeudy is different. He's the pride of Florida's draft tomorrow. Our 2019 Bama Bowl Game MVP. 

You can no longer talk Florida NCAA kids without talking Jerry he's different and special. I've loved many came before him too he's crazy freakish fk a 40 straight line this kid is straight fire on the football field Florida ? Alabama champion ?

Forget these 1st round O-Lineman corn bread sloppy out of shape man child's. I'm gambling my $$$$ on the state of Florida. 

I can live with that. But whats with the flip flop? Now you have no TE taken? Weird.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I can live with that. But whats with the flip flop? Now you have no TE taken? Weird.

I never flip flop.

Go read my mock draft of what I've wanted. 

WR round 1. 

O-Line round 2. 

I've stuck with it. Still sticking with it. 

I included TE because, well; read the question. 

"What if Jets ignore O-Line first 3 rounds" etc

So I gave my answer. We already have a Defense in place. 

Jerry Jeudy (WR).

Cole Kmet (TE).

Cam Akers (RB). 

Attacked all 3 positions surrounding Sam and his QB position @ WR/TE/RB (with all 3 players ranking top 1- 5 at their respected positions)

since i wasn't allowed to include any O-Line. 

Didn't think it was such a stupid idea to stay on topic answer the question and leave with #1 WR #1-3 TE & #5 RB. 

Jeudy/Crowder exciting WR duo. 

Herndon/Kmet outstanding TE tandem. 

Le'Veon/Akers most powerful NFL Thunder/Lightning RB duo. 

Sam Darnold/K.C Chiefs type weapons. Everywhere. 

Perriman/Griffin = Quality Role players (WR/TE). 

7 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I hear ya, but a lot depends on how things break - 4 OTs going  in the Top 10 (which I don't think will happen) would change the dynamic considerably 

In that case we go Lamb. Then we go with Ezra Cleveland or Isaiah Wilson in the 2nd.  It's gonna be  REALLY hard to justify D in the first. That's for sure. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think the scenario is that the big 4 OTs are gone by number 11 and then maybe a couple of others go in the late 1st, early 2nd.  If there are a lot of good OTs on the board and we don't draft them, then ok, that's probably not good, but what if the OTs are picked over and the best value is at WR, CB, or Edge?  That's what makes it a plausible scenario, I think

i don't know.  i think only 2 or 3 olinemen will be taken in the top 10.  over the past 10 drafts only once has 4 olinemen been taken in the top 10.  usually it's one or two.

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We literally have the worst WR core in the NFL.  

I think thats debatable, Washington is pretty close but whatever, doesn't really matter.

It's much much worse for your offense as a whole to have a bad O-line. Or even just bad, unreliable bookends. Just look at the Titans. They don't have much of a receiving corps other than AJ Brown. He's all they have. I mean you could argue Humphries could be a real weapon, but he wasn't during their run. And yet they were able to get to the championship game with Tannenhill at QB. How? They had a stout defense, a really good O-line and a good RB. But the really good O-line is what makes it work. It allows for the whole offense to work. It allows for Tannenhill to be an above average QB. It (along with a stout D) allows a team to win games that get them deep into the playoffs.  

Although it would be great to get a WR with legit #1 plug and play potential in Rd. 1. I am not sacrificing that for a potential Franchise starting caliber LT. If there's any chance an OT like that is there at 11, I'm passing on any and all WRs and taking the O-lineman. Take a WR in Rd. 2 or 3 and you could still get Darnold a great weapon who, paired with Perriman on the outside and Crowder in the slot will cause the defense headaches. Not to mention the Jets have two solid TEs and one of the best pass catching RBs in the NFL. 

I think the Jets add a WR early Rd. 2 like Pittman/Reagor/Aiyuk/People-Jones/Shenault depending on the type they are looking for and who is available and then take another one late Rd. 5? (too many to name). Then we will see them add WRs via FA and UDFAs to compete.