My Top Cornerbacks Of The 2020 NFL Draft.

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

NOAH IGBINOGHENE - AUBURN

I like Noah.  I've taken him in the 2nd round at #48 in some mock drafts.

If the Jets hit OT in Round 1 then I think a defender is a strong possibility in Round 2 given the depth of the Wide Receiver group and expected availability in Round 3 for WRs.

You probably saw Madre Harper at Oklahoma State.  That is where he started.  Any thoughts on the kid from Stony Brook, Gavin  Heslop?  I'd be interested to know if you checked him out.  Other guys that are borderline UDFA I'd be interested if you considered are BoPete Keyes from Tulane, , Ray Buford from New Mexico and/or Delrick Abrams from Colorado.  Did you get a chance to review any of those guys?

Edited by #27TheDominator

Hopefully we don't need any of these guys if Austin breakouts. 

Desir = true #1 outside CB (big time upgrade over Trumaine). .

Brian Poole = Top 1-3 NFL Nickel back. 

Blessuan Austin. It's all on this kid opposite as #2; he balls out the Jets are set @ CB. 

Wouldn't mind taking a 5th round flyer but none of these late round CBs hold the value and importance of Blessuan Austin who would've been 1st round CB if not for injuries. 

36 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hopefully we don't need any of these guys if Austin breakouts. 

Desir = true #1 outside CB.

Pool = Top 1-3 NFL Nickel back. 

Blessuan Austin. It's all on this kid opposite as #2; he balls out the Jets are set @ CB. 

Wouldn't mind taking a 5th round flyer but none of these late round CBs hold the value and importance of Blessuan Austin who would've been 1st round CB if not for injuries. 

It's nice to be optimistic, but it would be better to plan ahead.  

Desir is on a one year deal and will turn 30 at the start of the season.  His decline seemed pretty steep which is why the Colts dumped him and signed Xavier Rhodes.  I guess the Colts will pump up Rock Ya-Sin, but teams don't cut true #1 corners.  Best not to count on him for 2021.  If they want him back in 2021 they will have to re-sign him.

Poole is on a one year deal and coming off his best season.  IF they want him back in 2021  they will have to re-sign him.

Austin is the only one of these guys they have under contract beyond this season.  Austin has been injured a ton in college and missed the first half of last season recovering.  He was also benched for the last game and a half.  He is a Maccagnan pick, so the team might not be as high on him as the press and fans.

If your glass is perennially half full, you might want to list these guys:

Nate Hairston who was brought over from the Colts.  He missed some time with injuries and may have had his  playing timecut because the pick traded was conditional

Kyron Brown, the Akron Zip who got the start opposite Austin week 13 against your Dolphins and went down with a quad injury.

There is also Arthur Maulet who had six starts and played 100% of the snaps over the last two was supposedly signed in late March, but he does not show up on the roster on the team's website.

They should bring in another decent CB prospect though I also probably wouldn't be looking too early in this draft.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I like your list @Tony The Wiz except I don't see Cam Dantzler.

Safety. You run a 4.64 you go to safety. He is a tall young man at 6' 2" and 190 lbs. It is funny when you watch this combine they have favorites. And when a non favorite runs a 4.64 he automatic goes to safety, but when someone they are praising runs that time, the answer is he needs to clean that up. How do you clean if you are slow. So I need him to rerun it and go to at least 4.55. Remember receivers average 4.8 forty. So he will be on my safety list and also he really didn't have a good year.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You probably saw Madre Harper at Oklahoma State.  That is where he started.  Any thoughts on the kid from Stony Brook, Gavin  Heslop?  I'd be interested to know if you checked him out.  Other guys that are borderline UDFA I'd be interested if you considered are BoPete Keyes from Tulane, , Ray Buford from New Mexico and/or Delrick Abrams from Colorado.  Did you get a chance to review any of those guys?

The kid from Stony Brook i haven't. Got to take a look at him. There is a kid from Monmouth I watched. His last name is Berry. Now out of your list I looked at the young man from Colorado. He is supposed to have a great work ethic and he is really lean. I was considering him too. I think he had a pro day and rand his forty. I watched the kid from Tulane but not Buford. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Safety. You run a 4.64 you go to safety. He is a tall young man at 6' 2" and 190 lbs. It is funny when you watch this combine they have favorites. And when a non favorite runs a 4.64 he automatic goes to safety, but when someone they are praising runs that time, the answer is he needs to clean that up. How do you clean if you are slow. So I need him to rerun it and go to at least 4.55. Remember receivers average 4.8 forty. So he will be on my safety list and also he really didn't have a good year.  

He allegedly ran in the 4.3s in his pro Day which mean he actually probably ran a 4.5. He also had a really good year. He was excellent against Alabama and LSU.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He allegedly ran in the 4.3s in his pro. Day. He also had a really good year. He was excellent against Alabama and LSU.

58 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I like your list @Tony The Wiz except I don't see Cam Dantzler.

Agree with these two.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2885886-video-miss-sts-cam-dantzler-runs-438-40-after-clocking-464-at-nfl-combine

The faster time makes more sense with him anyway. No way was he a 4.6 guy. Idk what happened there, but it might just make some team really lucky since he's probably been the most consistent cornerback in the SEC. 

I really like Arnette or Dantzler. Hope we grab we one with a day 2 pick. Also intrigued by Sneed - played as a safety this past year and everyone thinks he should've stayed at corner? Definitely interesting day 3 player. Darnay Holmes is cool too, kind of like Brian Poole 2.0.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He allegedly ran in the 4.3s in his pro Day which mean he actually probably ran a 4.5. He also had a really good year. He was excellent against Alabama and LSU.

When did he have a Pro Day. I was expecting from him a better year than he had. He was projected to be a top 20 player in the SEC. Maybe my expectations was way more than he did. I am going to see that time. How do you go from a 4.64 to 4.3's. Unless if any injury occurred. If he can run from 4.54 and down I have no problem because of his height and length. But the time really means a lot to stay on an island with these great receivers coming out today. 

7 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Tie 10.  TONY PRIDE, JR. - NOTRE DAME - Another player who had a nice Senior Bowl practice, and in the game. Being a Notre Dame fan, I seen a lot of him. And he goes to the Combine, and he runs a an impressive 4.40 forty, with a 1.58 ten yard split. So this tells me he increases speed after his first few steps. He also did the vertical, and jumped 35.5 inches, and then did the broad jump, an achieved 119 inches. He did 13 reps on the bench press, and also did the twenty yard shuttle, and 3 cone drill. In the twenty yard shuttle, his time was 4.26 seconds, and the three cone drill was 6.94 seconds. So I watched a lot of him, and he is a press coverage corner, and he uses his hands well. I seen some touchdown passes on him, like in the Georgia and USC games, but they were perfect passes, and he was right on them.  Now Pride, Jr. is 5' 11" 1/2 and 193 lbs.. So he has a nice size to him too. He seems like he never gets beat bad.   EARLY 3RD ROUND GRADE

From PFF:  He only allowed two catches that went for more than 20 yards all last season.

4 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

The kid from Stony Brook i haven't. Got to take a look at him. There is a kid from Monmouth I watched. His last name is Berry. Now out of your list I looked at the young man from Colorado. He is supposed to have a great work ethic and he is really lean. I was considering him too. I think he had a pro day and rand his forty. I watched the kid from Tulane but not Buford. 

What did you think of the kid from Tulane? Keyes from Tulane and your #13 Amik Robertson both had visits with the Jets