JD takes a tackle at 11. Who's your pick @ 48?

JD, being an ex OL, stays true to his roots and takes a Tackle at 11.  Who's your pick at 48. Do you trade back? Take next BPA? Take next best WR, CB, Edge? I'm going EDGE. Reason being, this draft is packed with WR talent that may be best ever.  I'll wait until our first 3rd rounder. Pittman or Claypool would be my 1st 3rd round pick. So who do you take at 48 and why? I'm going with Terrelle Lewis since this dude is a beast and we desperately need an edge. An edge just makes your secondary that much more effective and waiting any longer than 2nd round, the talent level drops significantly. 

So who's your pick @ 48. NAME YOUR PICK.

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Pittman 

Pittman has been climbing on many recent mocks i've seen lately.  He was slated as an early 3rd a couple weeks back. Not sure why's he's climbed. PIttman and Claypool seem interchangeable to me and I'm a Notre Dame fan so I'd take Claypool.

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Yup. If he's there at 48, Pittman should absolutely be our pick.

Big, great hands, good speed, very accomplished.

Just what we need.

Congrats on your reading comprehension. 1st person who says WHO and WHY.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

If tee higgens fell to us I take him without a second thought. If he doesn't fall to us I take pitmann jr. Higgens I rate as a much better talent, pitmann I like because of his history with darnold. If higgens did somehow slide to us it might not be a bad move to trade back into the second to grab pitmann and double dip at wr. Might cost our first third and our fourth but if you walk out of the first two rounds with Thomas, higgens, pitmann jr I think our offense is upgraded in a major way atleast potentially.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Really difficult to say who will be there. We know who the first 3-4 guys are, but Every, single, year the WR board gets wonky in Rnd 2. Mims and Jefferson are gone. That much I’m sure of  

Higgins, Aiyuk, Pittman, Duvernay are next up and who I hope we will looking. They all fill a need and bring a much needed presence to the outside - sauf Duvernay who play more Z and slot  either way, we could use his physicality 

Reagor, Shenault and Hamler - I hope not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Higgins or Baun are the two 1st round prospects who, if they fall I'm taking in a heartbeat.

Then after that I'm looking at Weaver- Edge.

Then I'm looking at the CB position and depending on who is there. If Diggs is there I take him. If Jaylon Johnson is there, I consider him as well.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yup. If he's there at 48, Pittman should absolutely be our pick.

Big, great hands, good speed, very accomplished.

Just what we need.

If used correctly, he could do many of the things Michael Thomas does in the Saints offense.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Imagine Darnold having Lamb, and Pittman to throw to for years ?

Would be amazing 

Lamb and Pittman in the first 2 rounds, then double dip with back-to-back OT’s in Round 3 like Peart and Bartch.

Then sign Jason Peters to a 1 year deal after the draft.

• Upvote 1