JD takes a tackle at 11. Who's your pick @ 48?

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Peters and Trent Will got him this year, Jets go all in next year on a Tackle.

That's a distinct possibility.  After all, we only have so many pics to upgrade this roster and its just not feasible it will happen in 1 year. 

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

That's a distinct possibility.  After all, we only have so many pics to upgrade this roster and its just not feasible it will happen in 1 year. 

CD, Pittman, Trent, and Peters makes the Jets instant AFC East contenders.

21 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I asked who's your pick at 48 AND WHY.  Most are just throwing names out there. I'm interested in the reasoning behind the choice.

"JD takes a tackle at 11. Who's your pick @ 48?"... where's the "why" ?... you may want to add that to the title. 

My why would be take the Best Available player that is Most Suited @ the position that is most needed.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Pittman

I don’t think he makes it to the 3rd round.

Same. 

Btw, my bold prediction for this draft is that 5 years down the road, we look back and he's the best WR in the class. 

And my plan after getting OT at 11 is to double dip WR with my next two picks and then look at edge, cb, iol or ot again at 79

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jetsons said:

"JD takes a tackle at 11. Who's your pick @ 48?"... where's the "why" ?... you may want to add that to the title. 

My why would be take the Best Available player that is Most Suited @ the position that is most needed.

Its in the post. hence, reading comprehension.

11 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Its in the post. hence, reading comprehension.

I didn't read the post I read the Title... which I'm sure most people here did as well... I was answering the question that you asked in "The Title" which I'm sure most people here did as well.. it's not too difficult to add the "why" in the title... then you wouldn't have to question things. ?

8 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I didn't read the post I read the Title... which I'm sure most people here did as well... I was answering the question that you asked in "The Title" which I'm sure most people here did as well.. it's not too difficult to add the "why" in the title... then you wouldn't have to question things. ?

Sorry I stopped reading at "I didnt read the post"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Congrats on your reading comprehension. 1st person who says WHO and WHY.

The why was the deep in the middle of a sandwich of “who’s your pick” and “NAME YOUR PICK” so I think you’ll have to forgive those of us who focused on the thread title and caps lock at the end of your post.

But Claypool fits the need at receiver, obviously. And appears he’ll be available.

He appears to have good football character - Douglas supposedly wants the “best culture kn sports”. Excellent special teams gunner, has expressed willing to play TE if needed, sharp dude.

The 4.42 he ran fits the narrative that Gase wants speed at receiver as well as Douglas’ “speed creates pressure, pressure bursts pipes”. Insane athlete, 98th percentile. Kind of physically in the realm of Demaryius Thomas who is a favorite of Gase. Has flashed some YAC ability too which I think is important for Gase and is a red zone monster.

I appreciate the character and athleticism - also that he was reasonably productive in spite of mediocre quarterback play. And also that he’s a big dude - weight tends to be correlated with NFL success for receivers and it’s hard to find the speed without giving that up. Think the combination of traits makes him scheme versatile too.

He’s not insanely quick laterally and kind of moves like a TE but I think he’s a little more fluid than that. Reminds me of Kenny Golladay who’s had a lot of success with a similar frame - only Claypool is a better athlete.

So high character insane athlete who fits a need and will excel on special teams. Think it’s a functional, useful floor. And his ceiling is in the elite #1 receiver range. Plus if he doesn’t work out at receiver, having him put on 15-20 pounds and kicking him to TE isn’t a bad plan B, and he’ll be an elite athlete there as well.

So I think that’s the guy at 48.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, derp said:

The why was the deep in the middle of a sandwich of “who’s your pick” and “NAME YOUR PICK” so I think you’ll have to forgive those of us who focused on the thread title and caps lock at the end of your post.

But Claypool fits the need at receiver, obviously. And appears he’ll be available.

He appears to have good football character - Douglas supposedly wants the “best culture kn sports”. Excellent special teams gunner, has expressed willing to play TE if needed, sharp dude.

The 4.42 he ran fits the narrative that Gase wants speed at receiver as well as Douglas’ “speed creates pressure, pressure bursts pipes”. Insane athlete, 98th percentile. Kind of physically in the realm of Demaryius Thomas who is a favorite of Gase. Has flashed some YAC ability too which I think is important for Gase and is a red zone monster.

I appreciate the character and athleticism - also that he was reasonably productive in spite of mediocre quarterback play. And also that he’s a big dude - weight tends to be correlated with NFL success for receivers and it’s hard to find the speed without giving that up. Think the combination of traits makes him scheme versatile too.

He’s not insanely quick laterally and kind of moves like a TE but I think he’s a little more fluid than that. Reminds me of Kenny Golladay who’s had a lot of success with a similar frame - only Claypool is a better athlete.

So high character insane athlete who fits a need and will excel on special teams. Think it’s a functional, useful floor. And his ceiling is in the elite #1 receiver range. Plus if he doesn’t work out at receiver, having him put on 15-20 pounds and kicking him to TE isn’t a bad plan B, and he’ll be an elite athlete there as well.

So I think that’s the guy at 48.

Claypool is predicted to go in round 3 which is why I chose him there.  Think he'd be a great pick and compliment Perriman there and a steal.  Pittman will go before him and wont be there at 68 and feel there are better options at 48.  Saw most of his games as I'm a huge Notre dame fan and I couldnt agree with you more but 48 is too high for him. He will be there in round 3.

Since no one has any idea who will be available at #48 I trust JD to take the best available player at a position of need. Hopefully he grades WR as a very high need and will take the best available, but if JD sees that WR's will be there in the 3rd (for both of our picks) I wouldn't mind another OL, especially if it's a Center who could be a 10 year starter. So it would be OT, OTC, WR, WR.

If he goes CB at #48, then he'd better be right, but if he is then this turns out to be a fantastic draft.

1 - LT, 2 - CB, 3 - WR, 3 - WR/OLC 4 - OL/WR

• Upvote 1

I want offence with out 1st 4 picks.  Well make that OL and WR and not RB or TE, 2 each.  I trust JD to get it right regarding which player at which spot.  In house scouting reports and team/scheme fit etc, I just hope JD is the man.

I'm fking tired of us fans outperforming our GM on draft days.         

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Imagine having Darnold in traction after getting blasted by Myles Garrett.

Having an OL doesn't really stop Garrett from hitting the QB though.

He'll just do it late. Probably after the whistle. And quite possibly with the QB's own helmet.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

JD, being an ex OL, stays true to his roots and takes a Tackle at 11.  Who's your pick at 48. Do you trade back? Take next BPA? Take next best WR, CB, Edge? I'm going EDGE. Reason being, this draft is packed with WR talent that may be best ever.  I'll wait until our first 3rd rounder. Pittman or Claypool would be my 1st 3rd round pick. So who do you take at 48 and why? I'm going with Terrelle Lewis since this dude is a beast and we desperately need an edge. An edge just makes your secondary that much more effective and waiting any longer than 2nd round, the talent level drops significantly. 

So who's your pick @ 48. NAME YOUR PICK.

WR

Honestly torn between the best WR on the board or best interior lineman on the board.  Something about adding a legit LT in rd 1 and a young, healthy mauler on the interior.  You could then use both 3rd round picks on the two best WR's on the board and the offense would be completely revamped.

• Sympathy 1