****OFFICIAL 2020 JETNATION DRAFT DAY END OF THE WORLD DRAFT DAY MISERY THREAD OF OPTIMISM****

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woooooooo get up. It’s draft day. There are no sports anymore and may never will be, but don’t let that get you down. It’s a new day, Joe Douglas is in charge, and he’s going to purge the miasma of every horrible GM that cane before him. 

My wish list:

1. PROP UP DARNOLD WITH EVERY RESOURCE AVAILABLE.

2. DUMP THE LOSER SAFETY FOR TEN CENTS ON THE DOLLAR TO ACHIEVE ITEM ONE

3. TO NOT HEAR THE PHRASE, “WELL, HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR BOARD SO...”

If I hear that uttered out of Douglas' mouth at the end of the night after taking a CB I'll be officially done with him.  Especially after saying all off-season that they have to protect and surround Darnold.

• Upvote 3

I could succeed in this draft. If JD blows this one we're seriously effed. This draft lines up PERFECTLY with our immediate needs to help Sam Darnold develop into our FRANCHISE QB. #1- PROTECT HIM!, #2- GIVE HIM MORE WEAPONS! #3- Please move on from old backup RBs like Powell & Montgomery & get one that's young & EXPLOSIVE! 

Outside of those 3 things we need help at CB & Pass Rusher. Might not be able to do all these things in 2020 but this draft gives him the opportunity having those 2 numbers 3s, which could be Edge, CB, #4 take RB.

For some strange reason, in JD I trust. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, freestater said:

We need to start a rumor that Andrew Thomas is a degenerate pot smoker who sacrifices puppies to satan. Nobody in the top 10 should touch him. 

The one thing we do know about the NFL draft is that some teams can't help themselves & just HAVE TO get flashy! Jeudy, Ruggs & Ceedee Lamb are like putting out Crab Claws on a big platter of Kielbasa. For the Jets, this 1st round is all about the Kielbasa, the fatty LT to protect our young QB. But you have to know, outside of the QBs, those colorful flashy Rock Crab Claws dazzle & catch the eye of those greedy GMs teetering on the edge of losing their jobs. Pray that this 1st round is all the pretty costume jewelry that pushes that huge hunk of Kielbasa closer to Joe Douglas & our NY Jets. 

The last good team we had were led by two offensive lineman in Debrick & Mangold & we didn't have a 22 year old QB heading into his 3rd year. Every time another QB, WR, or defensive player that gets chosen before our pick pushes yet another Olineman closer & closer! Burrow, Young, Okudah, Herbert, Tua, Simmons, Brown, Henderson, Chaisson, Queen, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, these are all of the top players outside of the LTs that we want to hear announced tonight! Everytime I hear one of the names above I'm doing the Jet fan fist GIF knowing one of JDs targets is falling in his lap. 

LETS GO! 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woooooooo get up. It’s draft day. There are no sports anymore and may never will be, but don’t let that get you down. It’s a new day, Joe Douglas is in charge, and he’s going to purge the miasma of every horrible GM that cane before him. 

My wish list:

May I add 4) No CB before the 4th rd. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t care if CJ Henderson ends up being Deion Motherf^cking Sanders. If Douglas picks that guy over even a GOOD OT or solid receiving prospect, I’m walking over to the hospital and licking every hard surface in the triage holding area.

I think the “lucky” Jets can bypass lucking into the best player available or even “best player in the whole draft” for once and do the right thing. We are backed into a corner and HAVE to draft for need for once in a effort to salvage Same Darnold.

We were already blessed with the supposed best players in the whole draft on 4 occasions (Leo,Jamal,Sam,Q). I think if ANY franchise can afford to bypass BPA, it’s us. We’ve had our fair share of “legends” drop to us already and 1(Leo) has already proven to have turned out to be pure sh*t.

Top 4 OT, trade down or WR in that order. That’s it. Not hard. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Albert Breer said in an SI podcast it’s entirely possible the Jets take a cornerback or a defensive lineman if all the OTs get taken. I thought he was nuts. 

Then I remembered thinking the same thing when he said Adam Gase was a serious candidate during the coaching search last year.

I don’t expect anything to change with this clown show of an organization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The one thing we do know about the NFL draft is that some teams can't help themselves & just HAVE TO get flashy! Jeudy, Ruggs & Ceedee Lamb are like putting out Crab Claws on a big platter of Kielbasa. For the Jets, this 1st round is all about the Kielbasa, the fatty LT to protect our young QB. But you have to know, outside of the QBs, those colorful flashy Rock Crab Claws dazzle & catch the eye of those greedy GMs teetering on the edge of losing their jobs. Pray that this 1st round is all the pretty costume jewelry that pushes that huge hunk of Kielbasa closer to Joe Douglas & our NY Jets. 

The last good team we had were led by two offensive lineman in Debrick & Mangold & we didn't have a 22 year old QB heading into his 3rd year. Every time another QB, WR, or defensive player that gets chosen before our pick pushes yet another Olineman closer & closer! Burrow, Young, Okudah, Herbert, Tua, Simmons, Brown, Henderson, Chaisson, Queen, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, these are all of the top players outside of the LTs that we want to hear announced tonight! Everytime I hear one of the names above I'm doing the Jet fan fist GIF knowing one of JDs targets is falling in his lap. 

LETS GO! 

Loving the idea that WR is just a gaudy distraction when our top receivers are Breshad Perriman, Jamison Crowder, and a guy whose spine doesn’t work.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Albert Breer said in an SI podcast it’s entirely possible the Jets take a cornerback or a defensive lineman if all the OTs get taken. I thought he was nuts. 

Then I remembered thinking the same thing when he said Adam Gase was a serious candidate during the coaching search last year.

I don’t expect anything to change with this clown show of an organization. 

We will find out tonight if this organization is truly cursed. The literal ONLY way it’s acceptable to draft a passrusher or CB at 11, is if we trade Adams and have another 1st round pick and there was already a run on the OTs.

That’s literally the only scenario where you offset the loss of Adams on defense, get a top tier PREMIUM defensive player because that’s how the board fell and you didn’t have to really reach on offense. You’d still be able to go OL or WR with the next first round pick or trade down further. That’s the only scenario that I find acceptable given where this team is at. It’s not ideal to be backed into a corner but we have no choice after the further roster destruction over the last 5 years by Macsh*thead.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

My wish list:

Wow, youre going to be disappointed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t care if CJ Henderson ends up being Deion Motherf^cking Sanders. If Douglas picks that guy over even a GOOD OT or solid receiving prospect, I’m walking over to the hospital and licking every hard surface in the triage holding area.

Don't forget Kinlaw or Brown could be his BPA. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One thing we know for sure.  

You can make a solid case for 7 players at 11 and no matter who we take that leaves the fans of the six remaining to cry that we're the SOJs. ?

If we don’t draft offense Sam Darnold will cry the loudest. Maybe not tonight, but soon my friend, soon. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One thing we know for sure.  

You can make a solid case for 7 players at 11 and no matter who we take that leaves the fans of the six remaining to cry that we're the SOJs. ?

GOODELL: “And with the eleventh pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the New York Jets selecf....”

@Jet Nut: THAT WAS THE PERFECT PICK AT THE PERFECT TIME. LEARN FOOTBALL MAYBE.

GOODELL: “Whoops. There’s been a trade. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the clock at 11.”

@Jet Nut: My bad, fellas. Hit “Submit Reply” a little early. Haha

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3