****OFFICIAL 2020 JETNATION DRAFT DAY END OF THE WORLD DRAFT DAY MISERY THREAD OF OPTIMISM****

Surrounding Darnold with a robust O-line and weapons to throw to are the priorities this draft.  WR, OL or OL, WR in the first two rounds needs to be the game plan, and I'm hoping the stench of putrid GM's before him doesn't infect JD with draft day stupidity.  Just in case, I have my handle of vodka locked and loaded.

Feeling cautiously optimistic that JD is finally the adult in the room we've been looking for.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Woooooooo get up. It’s draft day. There are no sports anymore and may never will be, but don’t let that get you down. It’s a new day, Joe Douglas is in charge, and he’s going to purge the miasma of every horrible GM that cane before him. 

My wish list:

1. PROP UP DARNOLD WITH EVERY RESOURCE AVAILABLE.

2. DUMP THE LOSER SAFETY FOR TEN CENTS ON THE DOLLAR TO ACHIEVE ITEM ONE

3. TO NOT HEAR THE PHRASE, “WELL, HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR BOARD SO...”

I see a deadline trade making more sense for another team re: Adams.  Maybe that's because we're only an hour or so away from the draft and it hasn't happened, but why not see how weeks 1-6 go, and if you feel like you're a safety away from contention, you try to get Adams on this year's contract for next years, hopefully later, draft pick, while this years #1 helps you get there.  If you trade for him today, you're committing to extending him, and losing that additional asset.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, TeddEY said:

I see a deadline trade making more sense for another team re: Adams.  Maybe that's because we're only an hour or so away from the draft and it hasn't happened, but why not see how weeks 1-6 go, and if you feel like you're a safety away from contention, you try to get Adams on this year's contract for next years, hopefully later, draft pick, while this years #1 helps you get there.  If you trade for him today, you're committing to extending him, and losing that additional asset.  

That would be fun because it may lead to stockpiling picks  to move up for Trevor Lawrence next year threads. 

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I hate how right this sounds lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Hopefully being 6-0 will be enough to entice Adams to stay. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I guess I just don’t see how we get to training camp without handing Adams a new contract, and that’ll be a troubling sign for me as it regards Douglas’ willingness to see the forest for the trees. If the trade doesn’t happen today, we’re giving him $16 mil per on a deal next week, which, gross. If Jerry, etc, play hardball with Douglas, he should instead take a/multiple lower pick(s) this year and a one next year. That’d still allow any contending squad to draft who they want in the short term, acquire Adams, while still meeting the Jets price. 

If I hear that uttered out of Douglas' mouth at the end of the night after taking a CB I'll be officially done with him.  Especially after saying all off-season that they have to protect and surround Darnold.
If okudah is there and we can't find a giant package for someone to move up he is a no brainer. I don't think for a second there is even a remote chance it happens but the kid is a monster him and Jamal Adams paired togeather in the backfield would be a force.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

41 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So it's 10 hours before the draft here in NY.  What time zone, exactly, do you live in or is  it, perhaps, a phone booth?

Week 8 Big Ten Power Poll: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - Off ...

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Woooooooo get up. It’s draft day. There are no sports anymore and may never will be, but don’t let that get you down. It’s a new day, Joe Douglas is in charge, and he’s going to purge the miasma of every horrible GM that cane before him. 

My wish list:

1. PROP UP DARNOLD WITH EVERY RESOURCE AVAILABLE.

2. DUMP THE LOSER SAFETY FOR TEN CENTS ON THE DOLLAR TO ACHIEVE ITEM ONE

3. TO NOT HEAR THE PHRASE, “WELL, HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR BOARD SO...”

Yes! Draft day is here.

True story:  First draft day party after launching JetNation. I checked the draft day thread and there were 70 people in it. We couldn't believe that many people were in one thread.  Now today it will be like 7,000 but it was a great start for sure.

10 of the last 11 first round picks.  10 of the last 11 first rounders have been defense for this forsaken franchise.

Offense at # 11.  If we don't like the board at 11, move down (even if you have to take 75 cents on the dollar in a trade) and take an offensive player there. 

In no way, shape or form will I be able to talk myself into a CB being the right pick tonight.  Even if Okudah is available.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That would be fun because it may lead to stockpiling picks  to move up for Trevor Lawrence next year threads. 

Whoever is #1 is taking Lawrence.  Barring some weird sh*t going down.

38 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I hate how right this sounds lol

Why?  We're not winning a Super Bowl this year.  Hunger at the deadline likely produces a better return for us.  They'll be good players to be had next year too.

37 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Hopefully being 6-0 will be enough to entice Adams to stay. 

On his current deal, and the desire to earn no more than 10M per in an extension?  Sure!

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I guess I just don’t see how we get to training camp without handing Adams a new contract, and that’ll be a troubling sign for me as it regards Douglas’ willingness to see the forest for the trees. If the trade doesn’t happen today, we’re giving him $16 mil per on a deal next week, which, gross. If Jerry, etc, play hardball with Douglas, he should instead take a/multiple lower pick(s) this year and a one next year. That’d still allow any contending squad to draft who they want in the short term, acquire Adams, while still meeting the Jets price. 

Let him hold out.  Do you care?  Of course if he's given 16M per, that's the Hindenburg, but lets see Douglas seppuku his career for an overrated box safety before we assume it's done.