****OFFICIAL 2020 JETNATION DRAFT DAY END OF THE WORLD DRAFT DAY MISERY THREAD OF OPTIMISM****

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Drafting the sole OT with legit HOF potential?

This is awesome 

Literally the only OT besides Thomas that I would’ve favored over one of the top wideouts.

Awesome 

You are the only person on the entire planet remotely mentioning Becton and Hall of Fame in the same breath. 

I will bet you my soul, the dude is out of the league in less than 6 years. 

• Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I think Joe Douglas has way more info and experience on why he picked Becton over Wirfs than anyone melting down about this pick.  This isn't Idzik or Mcaggnan.  Douglas at least has a clue.

I'm not surprised. A lot of people think Wirfs will be a guard at the next level. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I think Joe Douglas has way more info and experience on why he picked Becton over Wirfs than anyone melting down about this pick.  This isn't Idzik or Mcaggnan.  Douglas at least has a clue.

Yawn. We have no freaking idea if Douglas has a clue. People defend Jets garbage draft picks every year

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

And it looks like Daniel Jeremiah really did have some good intel on Joe's draft preferences.

I do wonder if the Jets were considering a trade down, with the amount of time they took on the clock.

But just happy we got our tackle, and didn't have to settle for the last of the four or a fall-back option like Josh Jones.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

I will trust JD to choose between the two.  Just happy we went OT.  And if Becton does keep his weight down and work hard, he could be an absolute beast for years to come.  Draft is always a crapshoot.  At least we aren't the Raiders picking Ruggs over Jeudy and Lamb.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1