****OFFICIAL 2020 JETNATION DRAFT DAY END OF THE WORLD DRAFT DAY MISERY THREAD OF OPTIMISM****

Just now, Doggin94it said:

You may want to reread my post, this time with the sarcasm detector (and brain) turned on.

477 yards from your No. 2 WR is pretty goddamn awful. Rodgers didn't elevate them, because his WRs (other than Adams, who missed time) were garbage

knife spreading GIF

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

I promise that's the last one he'll announce tonight.

And it's a great pick for that team. Completes their offense and makes their calling card (offense) even more dangerous.

But isn’t Swift rated way higher? That dude is a beast. 

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes. From what I saw, Igbinoghene was right in that range, possibly the best of them

I'm not expert on this, and haven't seen any of them play.  So I can only go off the rankings I've seen (which is a lot).  I have never seen him ranked ahead of any of them, and certainly not all of them.  Also, MIA had far greater needs than CB after signing two really good ones this offseason.  Just seems like a strange pick for them, but I guess they're scared of what we can do with our dominant WR core?

Just now, nycdan said:

I'm not expert on this, and haven't seen any of them play.  So I can only go off the rankings I've seen (which is a lot).  I have never seen him ranked ahead of any of them, and certainly not all of them.  Also, MIA had far greater needs than CB after signing two really good ones this offseason.  Just seems like a strange pick for them, but I guess they're scared of what we can do with our dominant WR core?

He was a late riser.  Not sure what caused it.  

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Lemieux would change the attitude of that line.  He's as dirty as he is tough.  Would want Hennessy before another guard though.

I don’t understand any of the hype around this guy to save my life.

He’s a 4th/5th round developmental guard who many have been talking about as a 2nd rounder for whatever reason.

Ruiz was the only interior OL worth taking in the Top 50 IMO.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I'm a bit surprised myself. Looks like we're keeping him. It is what it is. JD needs to sign Adams before the season starts or he's going to be a problem mouthing off/sitting out. I'm guessing no one will mind when he demands 18M per year either.

BS. I hope JD sticks to his guns and tells Adams to eat crap and play out his contract. We own him for the next two years and then can franchise him. If the 'prez' holds out, then fine his POS self promoting ass and if he sits out a season we still own his ego maniac ass. Jamal has zero leverage - eff him. Don't let him shoot his way out of here.

JD needs to make an example out of him and I hope he stands his ground. SS/box safeties - in today's game - are not worth a huge long term high dollar contract. Give Greg Williams some legit weapons and he won't have to use JA as the only way to pressure the QB - while leaving huge holes in the secondary when the majority of the time JA doesn't make the play.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t understand any of the hype around this guy to save my life.

He’s a 4th/5th round developmental guard who many have been talking about as a 2nd rounder for whatever reason.

Ruiz was the only interior OL worth taking in the Top 50 IMO.

I didn't think he was that important either till later in the year.  He made a lot of plays that basically kept that line together.  Throckmorton and Sewell got a lot more attention, but Lemieux was the glue guy that just made that whole line work.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

BS. I hope JD sticks to his guns and tells Adams to eat crap and play out his contract. We own him for the next two years and then can franchise him. If the 'prez' holds out, then fine his POS self promoting ass and if he sits out a season we still own his ego maniac ass. Jamal has zero leverage - eff him. Don't let him shoot his way out of here.

JD needs to make an example out of him and I hope he stands his ground. SS/box safeties - in today's game - are not worth a huge long term high dollar contract. Give Greg Williams some legit weapons and he won't have to use JA as the only way to pressure the QB - while leaving huge holes in the secondary when the majority of the time JA doesn't make the play.

Which is why I want an edge at 48. A box safety shouldn’t have to be a blitzer 75% of the time. But Mims! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Best available at positions of need, per @Tony The Wiz's board.  Not too shabby:

Overall Rank Player Position
12 Jonathan Taylor RB
13 J.K. Dobbins RB
22 Tee Higgins WR
23 Michael Pittman WR
24 Kristian Fulton CB
26 Yetur Gross-Matos DE/EDGE
28 D'Andre Swift RB
30 Chase Claypool WR/H-Back
32 Jonathan Greenard DE/EDGE
33 A.J. Epenesa DE/EDGE
39 Tyler Biadasz C