****OFFICIAL 2020 JETNATION DRAFT DAY END OF THE WORLD DRAFT DAY MISERY THREAD OF OPTIMISM****

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Widely answered. He had a tech guy helping him, and he was in chemo 2 years ago for lymphoma. All the people making fun of him for being responsible are part of the problem. Stop judging and projecting, everyone. Let folks do them, you do you.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 5

5 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Widely answered. He had a tech guy helping him, and he was in chemo 2 years ago for lymphoma. All the people making fun of him for being responsible are part of the problem. Stop judging and projecting, everyone. Let folks do them, you do you.

No. And now I'm judging you too. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

People make fun of Gettleman, but he’s building a pretty good team over there. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

So there’s like 5-6 good WRs left:

Mims

Claypool

Pittman

Higgins

Shenault

Duvernay 

At least one will fall to 48.  Problem is potentially 0 fall to us round 3

Bryan Edwards is a name to keep in mind. Wouldn't mind him at 68. He may go earlier though the way things are trending,

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Absolutely.  He risked a lot taking Saquon over Sam but the early returns on Daniel Jones are good.  And this year he took the safest and most pro-ready OT (in a year when there probably won't be as much coaching prior to the season)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Bryan Edwards is a name to keep in mind. Wouldn't mind him at 68. He may go earlier though the way things are trending,

I love Edwards too but this is a little early as I think we can get him in round 3.

On 4/23/2020 at 6:31 AM, T0mShane said:

Woooooooo get up. It’s draft day. There are no sports anymore and may never will be, but don’t let that get you down. It’s a new day, Joe Douglas is in charge, and he’s going to purge the miasma of every horrible GM that cane before him. 

My wish list:

1. PROP UP DARNOLD WITH EVERY RESOURCE AVAILABLE.

2. DUMP THE LOSER SAFETY FOR TEN CENTS ON THE DOLLAR TO ACHIEVE ITEM ONE

3. TO NOT HEAR THE PHRASE, “WELL, HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR BOARD SO...”

Tom I like Adams BUT (and its a big but )... I would have traded him to the Cowboys for the 17 th pick and either another player or a second and drafted CeeDee Lamb .Then I would have drafted another WR and a RB in round 2. Instant offense to go with a great defense (grab a box safety to replace Adams in round 4 or 5)

11-5

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely.  He risked a lot taking Saquon over Sam but the early returns on Daniel Jones are good.  And this year he took the safest and most pro-ready OT (in a year when there probably won't be as much coaching prior to the season)

It took balls of steel to make that Daniel Jones pick and that dude looks amazing at times. If Thomas is good and they get a pass rush, the Giants are a playoff team this year.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Agreed, why make fun of his health when you can spend all day making fun of his draft picks??

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Tom I like Adams BUT (and its a big but )... I would have traded him to the Cowboys for the 17 th pick and either another player or a second and drafted CeeDee Lamb .Then I would have drafted another WR and a RB in round 2. Instant offense to go with a great defense (grab a box safety to replace Adams in round 4 or 5)

11-5

Honestly, Smash, I can’t even talk about it. I droned on for months about dumping Adams and it looks like it’s not happening. For the betterment of the board, I’m just going to shut up about it and sulk privately. That doesn’t mean I won’t weep when we hand him $90 million dollars, and I won’t laugh maniacally when he proves he wasn’t worth half of it, but I’ll do all that from the confines of my home/Jameson bottle

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Untouchable said:

If I was constantly right about these guys, I’d have 32 NFL teams fighting over the chance to pay me $30+ million a year to run their whole shebang.

Even the “experts” like Kiper, McShay, etc are wrong more than 60% of the time.

I’m just some dude who watches a decent amount of college football. I’ve never claimed to be an expert or even claimed to watch the amount of tape on these guys that guys like RobR, Paradis, Sec101, etc do on a yearly basis.

I’d take their collective opinions over mine

A simple "I was wrong about QW and Polite but I think I'm right about Becton because..." would have sufficed.

That said, you still come off as a total whiny “woe is me” puss for that farewell thread.

Good for you?  I appreciate that human empathy might be beyond you, especially given you have no clue what I might be going through right now, but really, doubling down on personal attacks just because someone reminded you how bad your eval was last year just doesn't suit you.  Maybe we should just talk football, eh?  

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's doing roughly the same thing with Jones Douglas is trying to do here. His pick last night was totally fine. Still think as good as Barkley is that was a very odd pick, but suspect he had ownership asking him to try to wring another few years out of Manning. We assumes sometimes GMs operate in a vacuum. They don't, and especially with ownership like the Maras who have been in the NFL for a century, they have some say. Think it is very strange they have an old guy who is scared of his laptop as GM,but it could work if you surround him with help. He is going to have to do better the next few days to keep his job though. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yea really good team that has picked in the top 5 threee consecutive years 

33 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

11-5

You could , in this scenario, probably sign a replacement level safety the day after the draft and not miss a beat. But suspect Steven Jones took away all his dad's devices, and any market for Adams evaporated. Don't know the Cowboys' cap situation, but their budget is probably stretched pretty thin to fit Adams' number, or at least what his agent is floating.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A simple "I was wrong about QW and Polite but I think I'm right about Becton because..." would have sufficed.

Good for you?  I appreciate that human empathy might be beyond you, especially given you have no clue what I might be going through right now, but really, doubling down on personal attacks just because someone reminded you how bad your eval was last year just doesn't suit you.  Maybe we should just talk football, eh?  

A little early to give up on QW don’t ya think you insufferable prick?

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

A little early to give up on QW don’t ya think you insufferable prick?

Absolutely.  With that said, he's miles away from being what he was advertised as at current.  We'll have to see where he goes over the next couple of years.  Polite, on the other hand, made alot of folks look poor as evaluators last cycle.

And again, save the personal attacks.  They're against the site rules for a reason.  Talk football or put me ignore if you can't just stick to football.

Jets hoping Hennessy falls to them in round three

(via Tony Pauline, 9:25 am ET)

I continue to hear from a variety of sources that the Jets are seriously considering Matt Hennessy of Temple if he’s available in round three, something I first reported two weeks ago.

The question is whether Hennessy will be around when the Jets are called to the clock in the third round. With limited talent at the guard position available through the initial three rounds and many teams projecting Hennessy to guard, he may be pushed into round 2

• Upvote 2