****OFFICIAL 2020 JETNATION DRAFT DAY END OF THE WORLD DRAFT DAY MISERY THREAD OF OPTIMISM****

5 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110981/article/henderson-chaisson-spearhead-jaguars-youth-movement?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3djac%3bteam%3djax%3bconf%3dafc%3bdvsn%3dacs%3bplyr%3dcalais_campbell%3bplyr%3dnicholas_foles%3bplyr%3djalen_ramsey&sr=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Shortly thereafter, he spoke to Douglas, who was poised to include a fourth-round pick to move from 11 to 9.

After hanging up, Caldwell told the Khans, Marrone and others in the Jags' video conference, "If we trade back to 11, I think the Jets will take a tackle, but we have to worry about Atlanta going to 10 and taking one of the guys (we're targeting). If we go to 11, we have to be comfortable with CJ Henderson, Chaisson or (Alabama receiver) Jerry Jeudy. The value with the Jets' trade is good, according to the analytics. With Atlanta, the analytics say we lose the trade. We can say yes to the Jets, just as long as you're OK with (possibly) taking a receiver -- which is fine."

At 9:06 p.m., with the Cardinals (who picked eighth overall) on the clock, Caldwell got another call from Douglas. "You're gonna stay put?" Caldwell asked. "Alright, sounds good."

Joe Douglas is my hero. Once he saw the Cards pick Simmons he stayed put at 11 bc he knew either Becton or Wills was going to be available. If Cards picked a lineman he was going to jump Cleveland at 10 and move up to 9 for a 4th round pick. 

Nice, thanks for posting

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Just tried finding FS1 aaaaand Skip and Shannon Sharp?????? What in the living ****!!!!!! ******* America....

I never watch any of these show but NBC has Tirico, Harrison and Dungy right now.  It's actually not terrible.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Just tried finding FS1 aaaaand Skip and Shannon Sharp?????? What in the living ****!!!!!! ******* America....

Haha

Yep, everything on FS1 outside of The Herd is terrible. I used to like Jason Whitlock’s show but then he brought in Marcellus Wiley as a permanent co-host and now I can’t stand it.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think the selection of Becton (who did play both LT/RT in college) means they dont trust Fant.  Besides, they might have Becton start the year at RT.  He probably just meant they're fine going WR if all the OTs are gone.

I'm not buying that. It's far more likely the Jets REALLY wanted to go LT, were not thrilled with Fant at LT but spread disinformation (like the Chargers saying they were SOO happy with Tyrod Taylor at QB for 2 years). 

The stories coming out today suggesting that Douglas was trying to trade up if he thought his LTs weren't going to be there at 11 back that up. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm not buying that. It's far more likely the Jets REALLY wanted to go LT, were not thrilled with Fant at LT but spread disinformation (like the Chargers saying they were SOO happy with Tyrod Taylor at QB for 2 years). 

The stories coming out today suggesting that Douglas was trying to trade up if he thought his LTs weren't going to be there at 11 back that up. 

Fair.  IDK man, they prioritized Fant in FA.  Maybe it was for RT the whole time, maybe it was because they thought he could play LT.  Who knows but you're right if they were willing to trade up they probably werent feeling all that comfortable...

or they just really loved Becton.

Today is the money day for the Jets and we will see if Douglas is the GM we hope he is.  We often focus on the 1st round pick but rounds 2 and 3 is where you build your roster with solids starters and hopefully more if the GM is good.  As much as anything the jet failure over the years in these rounds is what has lead to our team being bad often.

Three picks, we need three good picks or some shrewd manoeuvring around.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

No resemblance whatsoever. Get yourself a paper plate and some real maple syrup.  This guy is going to be serving up pancakes every Sunday.

Vlad Ducasse had an 8 year NFL career.  That's better than 90% of our other recent draft picks...

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Today is the money day for the Jets and we will see if Douglas is the GM we hope he is.  We often focus on the 1st round pick but rounds 2 and 3 is where you build your roster with solids starters and hopefully more if the GM is good.  As much as anything the jet failure over the years in these rounds is what has lead to our team being bad often.

Well said.  Today Douglas either makes me very VERY happy......or he doesn't (not that I'll be mad, as with all new GM, he deserves time to build HIS team).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Let's make tonight simple.....we need 3 more starters. We got one last night, 3 more tonight.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

For some reason I can't find that video/Instagram of Becton working out today in his garage.  I think his father took the video of him running in place on foam blocks.

Anybody got that?  I'm sure its buried in one of our 2,383 threads on Becton today! lol

• Sympathy 1