Who else feels good going into the draft this year?

Look I know pessimism will always exist with our fan base but I have a really good feeling heading into the next few days.  I think the way the draft is constructed this year will fill the holes we have at OL and WR.  I have confidence in JD given his background. We already know that WR is the deepest class in years and having that extra high 3rd is gonna be big for us I think.  As for OL I’m hoping things go our way and 1 or maybe 2 drop to us at 11.  And even if they don’t maybe JD drops back for extra draft capital.  Obviously a lot of different things can happen but I’m feeling pretty hopeful 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I know pessimism will always exist with our fan base but I have a really good feeling heading into the next few days.  I think the way the draft is constructed this year will fill the holes we have at OL and WR.  I have confidence in JD given his background. We already know that WR is the deepest class in years and having that extra high 3rd is gonna be big for us I think.  As for OL I’m hoping things go our way and 1 or maybe 2 drop to us at 11.  And even if they don’t maybe JD drops back for extra draft capital.  Obviously a lot of different things can happen but I’m feeling pretty hopeful 

It would feel better with a few drinks in us all possibly with a zoom session or such with some other family/friends. That worked well for me with Easter and would be good as well with the draft as it is like a holiday for all of us NFL fans who correctly feel this is the way to build your tem into what you want a consistently good team, though the time period of FA which is longer than the 3 draft days in pretty cool too though we all know the draft is ore detrimental to long term success.

grabbed my Jets shirt as soon as I woke up!

Once I was walking out of the bedroom I realized I'd grabbed the wrong Jets shirt ... not the "cool" one I thought I had.

Then as soon as I sat down I spilled my coffee all over it.

I'm going to keep it on until today's draft is done though ... I'm not a quitter!!!

Cautiously optimistic. 

Seems obvious that we should come away from tonight and tomorrow with OL and WR upgrades, but there is still that part of me that is scarred by 7 years of Idzick/Macc drafts.  I will feel a lot better after tonight, assumiing we have added an OT or WR.

• Upvote 1

I was feeling good up until the recent thought that all 4 top ots are off the board by 11.

In all the mocks I have done things go very well if we get our OT at 11, things flow well after that.  We can go in a number of directions in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If we do not get the ot at 11 things go much worse, especially when our 2nd rounder is at 48.  We then are totally scrambling to get one of the 2nd tier ots, we may have to trade up to get one.

This direction of this draft hinges on OT at 11.