ANOTHER REALISTIC MOCK DRAFT: Drafttek

PepPep

I've been posting REALISTIC mock draft scenarios just because so many of these simulators have ridiculous prospects falling to us. 

I just saw another one on Drafttek updated on April 21st that looked pretty realistic to me. Wonder what you guys think. 

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp

A few notes: 

1. I think JD pulls a trade or two. But I get that those are hard to predict. 

2. This guy seems to be really high on Shenault. So in Rd. 2 he's a steal for the Jets. I'm not nearly as high on him and could go another way. But if JD took him I would have no issue with it. 

3.  The more I think about it, the less CB with our first 3rd round pick makes sense. But I also love the immense upside of Noah Igbinoghene and could see JD taking him. He's also a high-end developmental player and would need to learn the position in year one anyway. 

4. Rd. 6 is wacky. Jets take a TE then a RB. But when they take a TE they miss out on McFarland, who apparently they love. Now, I don't mind  James Robinson and could see them waiting until Rd. 6 to address RB but if McFarland is there in Rd. 6 why wouldn't they take him instead of the TE? 

Rd. 1: Becton: This pick makes sense to me. Wills was there but the point was made that JD decides to go for the high upside true LT instead, which I could totally see. I would go with Wills every time for the record.   

Rd. 2: Shenault: Like I said I'm not a huge fan but he is one of the top remaining WRs still on the board. If JD made this pick I would not hate it. Pittman, Claypool, Aiyuk were all still on the board. 

Rd. 3: Noah Igbinoghene: Like I said, I'm fine with this pick. The upside is immense and this is a guy thats so physically gifted that despite his size he can play on the outside in the NFL.

Rd. 3: Matt Hennessy: No issue with this pick. Makes total sense. Athletic, high upside C/OG prospect. Bring him in and let him compete for the C spot, probably ends being a starter next year. 

Rd. 4: Alton Robinson: I've had Robinson mocked right around here in the 4th/5th round to the Jets quite often. I love his burst off the line and excellent strength when facing defenders. He really needs to work on his pass rush moves. Right now he is better against the run than as a pure pass rusher but the tools are there. Production was fantastic in school until it dipped when he started getting doubled, this really exposed his lack of polish as a rusher. Still, good value in Rd. 4. 

Rd. 5: Isaiah Hodgins: Great time to double dip at WR. Love this pick. Tall, lean, big bodied target for Sam. Adjust well to deep balls. I don't know how much of a speedster he is but he is still a deep threat. Love this pick if he is there. 

Rd. 6: Cheyenne O'Grady: This is where things get a bit wacky with the Jets passing on McFarland ad taking a TE. Having said that O'Grady is good value in Rd. 6. But still, doesn't make sense to me. Not with the current TE depth on the Jets and their supposed 'favorite' RB on the board late in the draft. 

Rd. 6: James Robinson: For picking this late in the draft you could def. do worse than Robinson. He's a tough, determined runner with nice burst. Might not have breakaway speed but is fast enough. One cut back who will make you miss and make you pay if you're not ready to properly tackle. He's 5'9 but 222lbs! 

9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I've been posting REALISTIC mock draft scenarios just because so many of these simulators have ridiculous prospects falling to us. 

I just saw another one on Drafttek updated on April 21st that looked pretty realistic to me. Wonder what you guys think. 

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp

A few notes: 

1. I think JD pulls a trade or two. But I get that those are hard to predict. 

2. This guy seems to be really high on Shenault. So in Rd. 2 he's a steal for the Jets. I'm not nearly as high on him and could go another way. But if JD took him I would have no issue with it. 

3.  The more I think about it, the less CB with our first 3rd round pick makes sense. But I also love the immense upside of Noah Igbinoghene and could see JD taking him. He's also a high-end developmental player and would need to learn the position in year one anyway. 

4. Rd. 6 is wacky. Jets take a TE then a RB. But when they take a TE they miss out on McFarland, who apparently they love. Now, I don't mind  James Robinson and could see them waiting until Rd. 6 to address RB but if McFarland is there in Rd. 6 why wouldn't they take him instead of the TE? 

Rd. 1: Becton: This pick makes sense to me. Wills was there but the point was made that JD decides to go for the high upside true LT instead, which I could totally see. I would go with Wills every time for the record.   

Rd. 2: Shenault: Like I said I'm not a huge fan but he is one of the top remaining WRs still on the board. If JD made this pick I would not hate it. Pittman, Claypool, Aiyuk were all still on the board. 

Rd. 3: Noah Igbinoghene: Like I said, I'm fine with this pick. The upside is immense and this is a guy thats so physically gifted that despite his size he can play on the outside in the NFL.

Rd. 3: Matt Hennessy: No issue with this pick. Makes total sense. Athletic, high upside C/OG prospect. Bring him in and let him compete for the C spot, probably ends being a starter next year. 

Rd. 4: Alton Robinson: I've had Robinson mocked right around here in the 4th/5th round to the Jets quite often. I love his burst off the line and excellent strength when facing defenders. He really needs to work on his pass rush moves. Right now he is better against the run than as a pure pass rusher but the tools are there. Production was fantastic in school until it dipped when he started getting doubled, this really exposed his lack of polish as a rusher. Still, good value in Rd. 4. 

Rd. 5: Isaiah Hodgins: Great time to double dip at WR. Love this pick. Tall, lean, big bodied target for Sam. Adjust well to deep balls. I don't know how much of a speedster he is but he is still a deep threat. Love this pick if he is there. 

Rd. 6: Cheyenne O'Grady: This is where things get a bit wacky with the Jets passing on McFarland ad taking a TE. Having said that O'Grady is good value in Rd. 6. But still, doesn't make sense to me. Not with the current TE depth on the Jets and their supposed 'favorite' RB on the board late in the draft. 

Rd. 6: James Robinson: For picking this late in the draft you could def. do worse than Robinson. He's a tough, determined runner with nice burst. Might not have breakaway speed but is fast enough. One cut back who will make you miss and make you pay if you're not ready to properly tackle. He's 5'9 but 222lbs! 

Change Hodgins to Jauan Jennings and you got a hell of a draft.