For the Tackle Over WR Crowd (EDIT: Top WR vs 3rd or 4th OT)

1 hour ago, peebag said:

So Mark Sanchez was responsible for the Jets 2009-10 play-offs, ok, got it.

You compared Darnold with Lamar Jackson so let's play what if, put Darnold on the Ravens squad (less Mono) and Lamar on the Jets.

Who'd be more successful then?

If you'd say Lamar, I got some swamp land here in Nebraska to sell you.

Lamar Jackson might not have as long a career as Sam Darnold but he's a better QB than Darnold right now and that's pretty much all that matters

would Gase and the Jets have misused him? perhaps? Or maybe he'd still be electric. That's an alternate universe where the Jets draft superstars. 

i hope we get to visit there tonight but I wouldn't bet money on it  

Also a thought it is entirely possible that the top tackles and the top reciever are gone. Arizona could draft their quarterbacks college reciever lamb to further bolster their air raid offensive system. Judey I think is a better talent anyway but there are now risks with reports he might have bad knees.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

2011 NY Jets : 3 probowl O-linemen - Brick, Mangold (hof'er?) and Moore, and Slauson who wasn't bad. 

8-8 missed play-offs, passing offense mediocre to bad. 

and with such a good o-line the run game was bad.....why??? shonn greene???

no it was the crap we had at wr (and qb but also wr) santonio homes and burress, lol. a flash in the pan and a washed ex-giant.

plus sanchez was 5th most sacked that year

edited the title because if we had a chance to get our top 1st or 2nd tackle pick then i'd go either way with it

How convenient that you don't make mention of the 2009, 2010 NY Jets who made it to back to back AFCCGs with the same QB (Sanchez), the same caliber O-lines, a 31yr old Thomas Jones (2009), Tomlinson (2010) at RB and Cotchery (2009), Holmes (2010) and Braylon Edwards (2010) at WR. 

Hmmmm. Throws a bit of a wrench in your argument. The most success the Jets have recently seen has been with a great O-line and running game complemented with a solid defense. And  neither of those seasons have they had great receiving corps.

Not saying WR doesn't matter but this argument that its more important or makes more of an impact than the o-line is simply not true. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i mean i'll be ok with it, as long as its not defense i'm fine. but our wrs are so bad i think its glaringly worse than our oline. 

How can anyone say this when we have Fant and Edoga as our ONLY OTs on the roster? Seriously. how can you say that? Fant is not a legitimate starting LT and Edoga is not a legitimate starting RT. We're HOPING Fant improves enough to earn a starting spot and plays well enough to stick at LT in our system. We're HOPING Edoga takes a leap in year 2 and can solidify his starting role on the right side. We have no other talent behind these guys. We don't just need to draft an OT, we need to draft a plug and play OT, and maybe another developmental one later on in the draft. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Everything on offense starts with the oline.  You can't run and you can't pass.  All the lovely Wr do you no good if the QB has no time.

Nice sports car, but there are no tires.

Agreed but name a high powered offense without weapons? 

I'm sure the KC line is good but that offense isn't great without Hill and Kelce. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm sure the KC line is good but that offense isn't great without Hill and Kelce. 

For me it is the order that you build your team that is important.  Build the oline 1st let your QB have a chance and then worry about weapons. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol, high powered comes later, for now we are striving to move all the way up to average.  OT is the hands down way to go.

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

How convenient that you don't make mention of the 2009, 2010 NY Jets who made it to back to back AFCCGs with the same QB (Sanchez), the same caliber O-lines, a 31yr old Thomas Jones (2009), Tomlinson (2010) at RB and Cotchery (2009), Holmes (2010) and Braylon Edwards (2010) at WR. 

Hmmmm. Throws a bit of a wrench in your argument. The most success the Jets have recently seen has been with a great O-line and running game complemented with a solid defense. And  neither of those seasons have they had great receiving corps.

Not saying WR doesn't matter but this argument that its more important or makes more of an impact than the o-line is simply not true. 

We made it on defense. Pass game still wasn't good. We made it in spite of our offense. And then failed because of our offense

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Everything on offense starts with the oline.  You can't run and you can't pass.  All the lovely Wr do you no good if the QB has no time.

Nice sports car, but there are no tires.

Absolutely need a wall.  Started it in FA.  Let Robby go though.  Get your Ot  in round 2. Because you have the opportunity to draft either Jeudy or Lamb who along with Sam will be the defining playmakers of the offense.