If you had the first ten picks in the draft. 1000th sh!tpost

28 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Please provide two lists. One for the Jets and one if you were starting a team from scratch. The two lists can be the same.

hmmmm.....For the Jets...

1. Edge Chase Young

2. CB Jeffrey Okudah

3. LT Anthony Thomas

4. RT Jedrick Wills

5. WR Henry Ruggs

6. WR CeeDee Lamb

7. RB D'Andre Swift

8. CB CJ Henderson

9. LB Isaiah Simmons

10. QB Joe Burrow

• Upvote 2

In both cases I think it's: Burrow, Young, Simmons, Thomas, Becton, Wirfs, Wills, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson

Have to protect Darnold. Have to give him weapons. I think more than two of those tackles can kick to guard. Really like Jefferson. Burrow is about acquiring an asset. For the new franchise - protect and get Burrow weapons.

Okudah and Tua were the two hardest ones to leave out. Simmons and Jefferson the ones I had to think the longest about leaving in. But I think that's my list.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rich Cimini was interviewed by Joe and Evan earlier.  He said the Jets don't view any of these top WRs (I think he meant Jeudy/Lamb) as being that much better than the other highly regarded WRs in the draft that will be available later on.  

I'd probably agree with that.

If you believe that the top OTs are guys like Thomas, Wills, etc. and the second tier are guys like Cleveland, Jones, Jackson then I definitely think the drop-off from OT Group 1 to OT Group 2 is much bigger than WR Group 1 to WR Group 2.

Mims, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Higgins, etc. are not THAT far behind Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs IMO.

And, when you get to the third tier it's a no-brainer.  The WR Group 3 (Pittman, Reagor, Claypool, etc.) is MUCH better than the OT Group 3 (Niang, Wanogho, Peart).

45 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rich Cimini was interviewed by Joe and Evan earlier.  He said the Jets don't view any of these top WRs (I think he meant Jeudy/Lamb) as being that much better than the other highly regarded WRs in the draft that will be available later on.  

I agree with them