CBS "Early" Power Rankings...

JetsBlow99

YEA BABY WHOOOO!!! #8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JETS- "Eric Mangini takes over a team with major cap woes, a quarterback with throwing-shoulder issues and a running back nearing the end. Good luck, Eric"

DOLPHINS- "They have some quarterback worries, but Nick Saban and his quality staff have this team headed in the right direction. They could make a playoff push even if Gus Frerotte is still the quarterback."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9233607

I always find it amusing the credence some fans put in these "power rankings"

It as if they live in some BCS college football world where playoffs are decided by computers and sports writers.

Sorry to break the news, but the NFL has a clear set guideline of determining what teams make the playoffs, and how they are ranked. The majority of that credance is given to Win and Losses, after the Regular Season is ove. And, they have even had the forethought to include special cases where teams may be tied-and they STILL don't use "power rankings" in there, anywhere.

As a matter of fact, if the NFL goes through a good number of tie-breaking procedures and 2 teams are still unable to be differentiated between worthiness, you know what they go to-A COIN FLIP.

That is how much a "Power Ranking" is worth. Even in February.

All it is fodder for some Miami fan to show up on a Jet bopard and scream with glee about being somewhere in the top 1/2- I didn't even look at it.

I don't see how the Texans can jump up so many places because of player who they might add.

Me neither. This is a perfect example of why I hate sports writers and announcers. Hell last year they had us going to the Super Bowl!

(Uh oh, here come the injury excuse people LMAO!) :rolleyes:

Don't hurt me

I have stated my feelings about the dolfags in another thread...overrated team with an overrated fan base. Notice how all of a sudden these clowns come out of the woodwork...fair weather fan base if there ever was one.

They'll have the same team as last year where we beat them with an injury riddled team and almost (we should have if Herm the ass played to win) beat them again with an even more crippled team. Seriously, I am not worried about this team...concentrate on the Pats.

Wow, 8th in the power rankings and second to last in attendance (ahead of the Cardinals). Go figure.

What is your hang up with attendance??? It has no bearing on their rankings,draft position, or FA!!! Gees, let it go. What are you, the Dolphins owner?? If you are, does posting and complaining on a Jet site even make sense???

I have stated my feelings about the dolfags in another thread...overrated team with an overrated fan base. Notice how all of a sudden these clowns come out of the woodwork...fair weather fan base if there ever was one.

They'll have the same team as last year where we beat them with an injury riddled team and almost (we should have if Herm the ass played to win) beat them again with an even more crippled team. Seriously, I am not worried about this team...concentrate on the Pats.

Yeah, and with your attitude you're a much better fan!! In case you can't read, not all us fin fans are in love with the fains at this point.

What is your hang up with attendance??? It has no bearing on their rankings,draft position, or FA!!! Gees, let it go. What are you, the Dolphins owner?? If you are, does posting and complaining on a Jet site even make sense???

What's the matter, is that subject hitting a raw nerve? No matter what the Dolphins do they can't even sell out playoff games (when they make the playoffs). That's a pretty apathetic fan base. I find it amusing.

Typical crowd at Dolphins home games:

pro700.jpg

I always find it amusing the credence some fans put in these "power rankings"

It as if they live in some BCS college football world where playoffs are decided by computers and sports writers.

Sorry to break the news, but the NFL has a clear set guideline of determining what teams make the playoffs, and how they are ranked. The majority of that credance is given to Win and Losses, after the Regular Season is ove. And, they have even had the forethought to include special cases where teams may be tied-and they STILL don't use "power rankings" in there, anywhere.

As a matter of fact, if the NFL goes through a good number of tie-breaking procedures and 2 teams are still unable to be differentiated between worthiness, you know what they go to-A COIN FLIP.

That is how much a "Power Ranking" is worth. Even in February.

All it is fodder for some Miami fan to show up on a Jet bopard and scream with glee about being somewhere in the top 1/2- I didn't even look at it.

Stop. You make too much sense.

A "power list" comes out in February, before franchise labels are tendered, the April draft and June 1st cuts.

Why people make a big deal about this, I have no clue.

YEA BABY WHOOOO!!! #8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JETS- "Eric Mangini takes over a team with major cap woes, a quarterback with throwing-shoulder issues and a running back nearing the end. Good luck, Eric"

DOLPHINS- "They have some quarterback worries, but Nick Saban and his quality staff have this team headed in the right direction. They could make a playoff push even if Gus Frerotte is still the quarterback."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9233607

I like Miami YAAAAAA!

f37920da3pb.jpg

What's the matter, is that subject hitting a raw nerve? No matter what the Dolphins do they can't even sell out playoff games (when they make the playoffs). That's a pretty apathetic fan base. I find it amusing.

Typical crowd at Dolphins home games:

pro700.jpg

I could care less about attendence, but it seems to be you're the one with the issue.

Let's see the Jet's sell out there games this year, good luck.

Archived