RobR...the floor is yours!

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

This from a guy who can't even drive a car. I think I'll ride with Joe D. on this one.

Don't drive because I have the self-awareness to admit I am a poor driver. Unfortunately, I am an excellent football prognosticator.  Darnold excuse industry will be BOOMING after this season.

PS: 80% of drivers think they are above average drivers.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I hope so because that is probably the next time we will see football played

I remember getting approximately seventy-four zillion butt fumbles for calling Gholston a bust. Sorry folks, I said it thus it is so.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He is a tree. Sequoia.

The more I watched him and dug in deep the more I liked him and went all in. I don't do that with every player....some guys only get two quarters of game tape. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, but we might possibly have  an awesome left tackle. QBs are dime a dozen . 

I swear we are the only two that hate this pick. But yesterday, 95% of the board didnt want him either. 

Funny how that works. #holdingmyground 

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

We'll have a rookie that struggles at times just like the rest of them. By year two he's a pro bowler and by year three he's the best OT in the league. People like Becton don't grow on trees.....he's a generational prospect. 

Sorry I cant buy that. 

If he was a generational prospect, he wouldnt have been the 3rd OT taken at pick 11. 

• Thumb Down 1

NFL teams are reluctant to take good players who come in unusual packages.

Not that he’ll be at the same level - but this is similar good football player and freak athlete in a weird package territory to JJ Watt and Aaron Donald. Productive in college, great athlete, abnormal, fell.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

You also thought Joe Thomas' ranking was a Browns smokescreen because they wanted Wirfs

I never said they wanted Wirfs specifically, and it still doesnt change my overall point about disinformation. But keep thinking you're right. 

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Imagine posting such garbage.

As if third overall at the position or eleventh overall in the draft is somehow a negative. Plenty of generational talents have been the 3rd or lower taken at their position. It’s a f*cking draft. These sorts of high ceiling prospects exist at every position with every sort of result.

Imagine posting your reply and still being so wrong. 

If he was "generational" he wouldn't have been picked 3rd at his position. Period. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Imagine posting your reply and still being so wrong. 

If he was "generational" he wouldn't have been picked 3rd at his position. Period. 

I SAY THINGS DEFINITIVELY AND WITH CERTAINTY DESPITE ALL HISTORICAL EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY. THAT MAKE ME RIGHT. PERIOD.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RobR said:

I can't rehash it all out here but I've been pretty consistent and posted a ton of tape and interviews. We'll have the best LT in the league within 3 years. 

Even the bulls admit Darnold is gone before Bechton is good.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Even the bulls admit Darnold is gone before Bechton is good.

It's Becton.....at the very least get his last name right before you start posting about his potential.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I never said they wanted Wirfs specifically, and it still doesnt change my overall point about disinformation. But keep thinking you're right. 

Yes. Joe Thomas was hired by the Browns to post disinformation, ranking Wills as his 1b tackle, so that when they had their pick between Wills, Wirfs, and Becton they would be able to take Wills, thanks to the teams ahead of them thinking Wills was a great choice because of the lies they got from Joe Thomas.

Does any of this make sense in your head? If so, seek treatment

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, jgb said:

Ohhhhh a grammarian. The lack of a substantive retort=admission. Thanks for your support.

I've probably dropped over 200+ posts with Becton that included tape and interviews. Sorry if you missed it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

NFL teams are reluctant to take good players who come in unusual packages.

Not that he’ll be at the same level - but this is similar good football player and freak athlete in a weird package territory to JJ Watt and Aaron Donald. Productive in college, great athlete, abnormal, fell.

You know, this is one of the better posts I've read on here.  Really made me go hmmm.  I had never really thought of it like that, but you are on to something I think.  People like to use labels in sports.  When they can't find an appropriate one, it makes them overthink.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

So your entire argument is that there has never been a hall of fame player that wasn’t the first player drafted at their position?

Ok.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Stop being a simpleton. You know that's not what I said. 

I'm saying if it's so clear to everyone that he is a generational talent, how come he wasnt the first or even second OT taken? 

The argument FOR him is based around JD knowing best because of his upside and we should trust an NFL GMs talent evaluation over a fan. 

Well multiple GMs passed on him, and not only that, two chose other OT prospects over him, thus negating that argument. 

26 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes. Joe Thomas was hired by the Browns to post disinformation, ranking Wills as his 1b tackle, so that when they had their pick between Wills, Wirfs, and Becton they would be able to take Wills, thanks to the teams ahead of them thinking Wills was a great choice because of the lies they got from Joe Thomas.

Does any of this make sense in your head? If so, seek treatment

You understand that my argument was never once the specific order Joe T was ranking people correct? Are you too dense to understand a macro view of something?

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Stop being a simpleton. You know that's not what I said. 

I'm saying if it's so clear to everyone that he is a generational talent, how come he wasnt the first or even second OT taken? 

The argument FOR him is based around JD knowing best because of his upside and we should trust an NFL Gms talent evaluation over a fan. 

Well multiple GMs passed on him, and not only that, two chose other OT over him, thus negating that argument. 

If your rage boner doesn't subside after another hour, you're supposed to call the doctor.

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You understand that my argument was never once the specific order Joe T was ranking people correct? Are you too dense to understand a macro view of something?

Your argument was that he was posting misinformation on behalf of the Browns.

Who liked Wills better than Becton or Wirfs.

There is no universe where if the Browns have Wills as their first or second choice of tackles, they ask Joe Thomas to put out a list that has Wills second.

Were you dropped on your head as a baby, two or three years ago?

If your rage boner doesn't subside after another hour, you're supposed to call the doctor.

Dont get your thong in a twist because I made a logical counter argument to those of you dropping to your knees over Becton. 

21 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You know, this is one of the better posts I've read on here.  Really made me go hmmm.  I had never really thought of it like that, but you are on to something I think.  Peoplee like to use labels in sports.  When they can't find an appropriate one, it makes them overthink.

I think it's a lot easier to be wrong when you're wrong with the herd. When you draft the 360 pound offensive tackle you kind of go into it knowing everybody's going to say hey...there's a reason we don't have 360 pound offensive tackles.

Football in general is a super old school, risk averse sport too. That's why they punt and kick field goals when they should be going for 4th downs and kick extra points when they should go for two. So it's amplified.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Dont get your thong in a twist because I made a logical counter argument to those of you dropping to your knees over Becton. 

When you make a logical counter argument I'll keep that in mind. You aren't very good at the insult game, either. Go to bed

Your argument was that he was posting misinformation on behalf of the Browns.

Who liked Wills better than Becton or Wirfs.

There is no universe where if the Browns have Wills as their first or second choice of tackles, they ask Joe Thomas to put out a list that has Wills second.

Were you dropped on your head as a baby, two or three years ago?

You really dont understand how misinformation works at all do you? 

You leak multiple different angles from multiple different sources, confusing everyone. That's the entire point, and yes, you do actually leak things that tip your hand as well. 

If the ONLY thing you do is leak the players you dont want, it makes it clearly obvious who you will be taking. 

You can keep trying to prove your point, or you can simply google "NFL Draft disinformation" there is a very long and very documented history of it happening and the lengths teams go to. 

This is absolutely nothing new.

When you make a logical counter argument I'll keep that in mind. You aren't very good at the insult game, either. Go to bed

Says the man using "rage boner" as an insult. Such a winner. 

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m pretty sure they said there’s 0 negative tape on this guy. He probably will grade better as a run blocker, but remember when we couldn’t run the ball last year? This will help. 

When you need inches...1st and goal to go...Becton is gonna be money.