Mekhi Becton

Here's Bucky Brooks' quick take on the pick:

11) Mekhi Becton, OT, New York Jets

Mammoth OT with A-plus size, athleticism and movement skills. Becton is a natural LT with explosive strength and power and a nasty disposition. He finishes runs like a nightclub bouncer throwing guys out of the club. The Louisville standout also flashes the balance and body control to effectively shadow speedy edge rushers.

People here are just out to lunch. Becton is a more natural LT than Wirfs. And Wills has short arm span. Thomas is the least athletic of the four. We were LUCKY to get Becton at 11. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Becton has a lot of work to do, but also has a lot to work with.  

People can wring their hands over their own personal grades of him(or Wirfs) but in reality, he's probably the best OL on the team immediately.  

I think people see/read he's not a finished project and assume that means he's ALL projection.  I don't think that's the case. He could be very good without tons of additional refining.  He could be elite with a decent amount of refining.

The fact that he's not a projection from Right to Left is a strong positive.  He's played the position.  He can move, we all know he's a beast.

To me, the only question is if he can keep his weight under control.

• Upvote 4