Mekhi Becton

4 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

He is a BEAST.  This team needed OL help more than anything.  In 2006 everyone wanted Bush and Leinart.  Instead Ferguson and Mangold were drafted and it was the best thing ever done for this organization.  Can Becton’s father play RT while his son plays LT?

I love his nastiness. Dude looks pissed off when blocking. We need that.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm wondering if @Mogglez is going to start putting some more clown paint on JD's face since he hated Becton.

Nah. I said in the draft day thread, while I didn't love him, I would understand the pick and defer to JD.

Just happy the pick was offense.  The rest of the draft will dictate the paint lol.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

To me, the only question is if he can keep his weight under control.

I've harped on that aspect of peoples concerns for quite awhile now. I have zero concerns about him controlling his weight. Here you go, something I posted before, you should give it a listen.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Nah. I said in the draft day thread, while I didn't love him, I would understand the pick and defer to JD.

Just happy the pick was offense.  The rest of the draft will dictate the paint lol.

Fair enough.

• Upvote 1

More comments from analysts:

Here’s what ESPN’s draft experts had to say about the pick:

Louis Riddick: “He is a tremendous athlete for his size. ... When you get to see that is when they run some of those zone schemes -- their inside and outside zones - this guy at 6-7, 350 pounds looks like he’s about 290 pounds. Tremendous athleticism and quickness. And then the power, the power to just take defensive ends and just toss them to the ground. And if he gets up to the second level on linebackers, it’s really all over.”

Booger McFarland: “To me, this is a great pick. We know how big he is. Reminds me a lot of Trent Brown the way he’s able to move at that size. But, to me, this is all about Sam Darnold. You need a left tackle. You need to protect your franchise quarterback. And now the New York Jets have a guy that they can put out there and Sam Darnold know his backside is protected.”

Daniel Jeremiah: “I think they got the best tackle in the draft in Mekhi Becton. ... I know there’s some concern about his weight. I actually texted with his trainer yesterday and said I need a proof of weight video. So he got him on the scale and showed me he weighed 363 as of yesterday morning. So he’s been able to control his weight. He’s been working really hard, even some in unconventional fashion -- as you see right here him pushing a big truck and start driving it, and that’s what he does against everybody. We watched him on tape for Louisville this fall. This is a giant of a man. This is mount Becton who has been brought in to protect Sam Darnold, and I can promise you Le’Veon Bell will be a big fan, as well.”

• Upvote 4

You look at this guys upside & it proves one thing about the draft. The Giants & Browns GMs could not take any chances & because of that JD had the BIG MAN drop right in his lap! JDs got a 6 year contract, he was like, our coaches will turn him into a freaking monster! That joint he smoked dropped him right in #11. He has Jonathon Ogden upside. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Seen another guy jump out of a pool. Think the bears drafted him on the dline, and he didn't last long.

I remember that guy I think he played for UPenn and did absolutely nothing in college and got drafted by the Eagles in round 1.  Mamula 

yes he was a colossal bust