Mekhi Becton

I love this pick, and I haven’t even researched Becton much, other than what the media says about him.

Why? Because I was tired of this team ignoring the offense, and offensive line on a consistent basis. Management having no clue, blinded by a BPA approach that didn’t value positional need. It gives me hope more about the vision Douglas has for this team. For once, it seems at least with this pick, management sees the same issues fans have been screaming about for years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MindOverMatter said:

This kid's upside is Jonathon Ogden. Humans this size that run this fast don't come around often. He needs to work on his technique but that's what coaches are for and he looks like he cares about football. 

Luckily Dowell Loggains will help him reach this potential. 

21 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I hated him as the last of the top 4 but since JD had a choice of 2 I'm liking Becton more and more now.  I trust JD.  

Becton and Wirfs were the two physical freaks of the 4 OTs.  Both move, jump and do things that no human beings their size should be able to do.

I'm with you!  Douglas had a choice and took the one he likes better.  Part of me thinks it's because Becton has been a true LT and played the position.  Wirfs is a bit of a projection and may not be a LT.....could be better at OG or RT.

Based on how things went my guess is that Douglas probably wanted either Thomas or Becton most.  Both are true LTs and you don't need to force them into the LT spot like you might have to do with Wills, who played RT, and Wirfs.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

38 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Move George Fant to RT and that OL is improved in leaps and bounds.  And to do that in one off season is actually a huge accomplishment.  Becton could be the anchor of a really good line.

Hell...if Becton needs some time to develop, he can play RT while Fast plays LT.

• Upvote 2

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Hell...if Becton needs some time to develop, he can play RT while Fast plays LT.

Yeah.  This really is a game changer.  We've all forgot that we still have one of the best running backs in the game.  If we get him going again then that immediately takes the pressure off Sam and this team looks entirely different next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, greenwave81 said:

He's way better than Fant right now. They'll have some tough decisions and we're only one round into it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RobR said:

I've harped on that aspect of peoples concerns for quite awhile now. I have zero concerns about him controlling his weight. Here you go, something I posted before, you should give it a listen.

Sam's going to love this guy for a 15 years. He fits perfect into that cool Cali killer vibe Sam has. #charlesmanson yeh baby

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1