Mekhi Becton

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

fwiw. i understand the pick. i applaud the intention. 

i just like wrs who change the game more.  i'll take wes walker over marvin powell every time.

If you don’t get time or protection it doesn’t matter what WR you have.  That’s why teams like the chiefs, ravens and the bills prioritized OL for their young QBs  

I mean it's a little risky, but I remember this place was all SAY NO TO WORKOUT WARRIOR JOHNATHAN PIERRE PAUL after we had drafted Vernon Gholston. You can't let past mistakes define you, gotta take chances with the draft. Hopefully the Jets have done their due dilligence with this pick.

• Upvote 1

Highlights of him mauling people in the run game is nice but we need this guy to pass block at a high level. Hopefully he does that. I can find you highlights of Ducasse pancaking Vince Wilfork......does anyone want Ducasse on this team?  

Anyways, he seems like a great right tackle prospect to me. I dont see him as a left tackle, but I could be wrong. 

Failed drug test big red flag for me. I would have stayed away. I understand some don’t  care about one test but in my eyes it shows terrible judgement on his part. I hope it was just a kid that made a mistake and learns from it - now that he is our guy I will embrace the pick and hope it works out . The jets better find at least one wr that can actually play in this draft 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Highlights of him mauling people in the run game is nice but we need this guy to pass block at a high level. Hopefully he does that. I can find you highlights of Ducasse pancaking Vince Wilfork......does anyone want Ducasse on this team?  

Anyways, he seems like a great right tackle prospect to me. I dont see him as a left tackle, but I could be wrong. 

Way too risky of a pick imo. These guys never seem to work out for the Jets either.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Way too risky of a pick imo. These guys never seem to work out for the Jets either.

Really? who was the last #1 overall ranked tackle that was 6 8 360 and moved like a young Shaq that didn’t work out for the Jets?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Really? who was the last #1 overall ranked tackle that was 6 8 360 and moved like a young Shaq that didn’t work out for the Jets?

I think he means guys with great measurables but not the cleanest play/track record in college. Vernon Gholston, Stephen Hill, Kyle Wilson etc. 

Bechton should at least be a good player somewhere on the Oline, as long as he stays in shape. Maybe its guard eventually, who knows. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Sure if he turns into Erik Williams great. The flags are concerning along with the lack of pass blocking tape.

I gotta trust JD on this one. He should know O-line talent better than anyone. Guy is a freak of nature with arms like an octopus. He’ll need to be coached up but I like the pick and like I’ve said before the games are won and lost in the trenches. Heck if you give Sam enough time he’ll find his open guys. And I’m expecting (hoping) Bell to break out this year. If the Jets can establish a successful run game the pass game will open up. Solidify that O-line and everything else will fall into place. 

• Sympathy 2

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Gase couldn't develop a Polaroid. This pick is a clear move to oust Gase end of this season. Gregg Williams, HC 2021.

Interesting considering the Tannehill pic you're rocking. Pretty sure he picked up some pointers over their three years together. If he had been healthy in Miami Gase may still be there Tannehill too. 

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sure if he turns into Erik Williams great. The flags are concerning along with the lack of pass blocking tape.

Matt I certainly can understand your concern but he shows on tape that he is an NFL ready tackle that needs some refinement on his pass blocking technique. We are not drafting him based on potenial alone which is where many teams get into trouble.

I suggest you watch some tape of Austin Jackson the USC OT who Miami reached for at 18. He is ALL potenial right now and is not close to being a starting tackle in the NFL. This is the kind of pick that gets teams in trouble drafting for "upside".

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Larry Tunsil also had a failed test and Probably still smokes ( Leveon Too)

Compare last year’s garbage to this starting 5 . At center we actually have competency for the first time in half a decade

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I do not smoke weed and never have.

But it's 2020.  I hope the guy smokes himself stupid...as long as he can go out and play.

Who gives a **** if these guys smoke weed? Not me.