Busiest Day (April 2020) & Month (Jan 2021) Ever

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Just want to say thank you. Thursday was the busiest day ever on JetNation.com.  Set a post count record for a single day with almost 6,000 posts. Surpassed 100,000 page views.

Social distancing and JetNation = perfect together.

Thanks everyone.

What can I say. Upon my return I've added more JN traffic lol but yeah the Zoom meeting was awesome

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Just want to say thank you. Thursday was the busiest day ever on JetNation.com.  Set a post count record for a single day with almost 6,000 posts. Surpassed 100,000 page views.

Thanks everyone.

Thank us when we beat it on Friday and then again on Saturday :) 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Thank us when we beat it on Friday and then again on Saturday :) 

I was thinking (hoping) the same thing actually. Friday (today) should be pretty busy, all day draft talk, then the draft.

Saturday, nobody is going out, that is all day draft talk.  Pretty cool!

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks everyone.

we're misfits...    well put

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I got no idea how to block ads. Max got the full 2$ from me over the last 15 years

Use firefox with adblocker and no script extensions and browsing the web is almost tolerable.

This site, JetNation - Maxman-, deserves the ad revenue to keep funding free and to provide all the capacity needed at peak periods. Max - delete this post so that posters don't start blocking ads.

PS - I'll contribute $100 to your charity of choice (except if it's @AOC's re-election campaign).

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Use firefox with adblocker and no script extensions and browsing the web is almost tolerable.

This site, JetNation - Maxman-, deserves the ad revenue to keep funding free and to provide all the capacity needed at peak periods. Max - delete this post so that posters don't start blocking ads.

PS - I'll contribute $100 to your charity of choice (except if it's @AOC's re-election campaign).

Toss that money to a food kitchen or something helpful. AOC is beyond useless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Toss that money to a food kitchen or something helpful. AOC is the beyond useless. 

You got it. I'm not eligible for the $1,200 the .gov is giving everybody but I'll share what I don't need to those who are suffering from this virus and .gov shutdown.

Enough panic talk - we're all here to escape that for a while.

Thanks Max and go JETS!!!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

You got it. I'm not eligible for the $1,200 the .gov is giving everybody but I'll share what I don't need to those who are suffering from this virus and .gov shutdown.

Enough panic talk - we're all here to escape that for a while.

Thanks Max and go JETS!!!

Yeah. God bless

I'm excited for tomorrow. Lots or great WR's sitting around for us that would be first rounders on a normal year. Praying for Mims or Pittman tomorrow 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

5 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Toss that money to a food kitchen or something helpful. AOC is beyond useless. 

No politics.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Thanks Max for providing the bandwidth and server capacity to handle this amount of traffic. Ad blocker is now set to off for this site.

Thanks. Ad revenue isn't really a thing right now it sounds like the digital exchanges are hurting pretty bad as corporations pull back their budgets. But I appreciate it because all that is just temporary. So let the ads flow lol.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I was thinking (hoping) the same thing actually. Friday (today) should be pretty busy, all day draft talk, then the draft.

Saturday, nobody is going out, that is all day draft talk.  Pretty cool!

May have to reupp on beer and stuff. 

• Upvote 1

I had been looking forward to following the GDT on the draft here and planned to do so all three days. 

Unfortunately there are so many rude posters who announce the picks before they delayed TV presentation that I had to drop after a few rounds. Very disappointing. It was like someone hands you a wrapped present and tells you what is in the box or the idiot who tells you when you are watching a movie, "Oh this is when the detective announces that the butler did it".

If it were up to me, anyone who did that would be banned for the day but I guess it was just me because either a) no one else minded or b) everyone was on Twitter anyway.

The football knowledge here is incredible. The next two days would have been fun to follow as the names get more obscure. Oh well.

Just my $0.02

6 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Sorry - Max - PM me and I'll contribute $500 - anything to keep the best Jets site up and running. Sorry again - too much vodka, but that's not an excuse,......

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I had been looking forward to following the GDT on the draft here and planned to do so all three days. 

Unfortunately there are so many rude posters who announce the picks before they delayed TV presentation that I had to drop after a few rounds. Very disappointing. It was like someone hands you a wrapped present and tells you what is in the box or the idiot who tells you when you are watching a movie, "Oh this is when the detective announces that the butler did it".

If it were up to me, anyone who did that would be banned for the day but I guess it was just me because either a) no one else minded or b) everyone was on Twitter anyway.

The football knowledge here is incredible. The next two days would have been fun to follow as the names get more obscure. Oh well.

Just my $0.02

Disagree. If EPSN/ABC/NFLN uncluttered the draft with the human interest parade and simply announced the picks, you would be correct. But last night was like Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding soap opera nonsense. if somebody gets the pick before he get done with the story of Player X and his trusty mutt getting Timmy out of the well, let's have the pick. Understand-network TV has been f___ing over sports viewers forever. These same exact MORONS-ABC- IN 1980 PUT THE USA/USSR HOCKEY GAME ON TAPE DELAY. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. NOTHING. 

• Sympathy 1

Just my $0.02

People shouldn't be doing that. I wasn't in the thread in real time so I didn't know that. But they definitely shouldn't do that, personally I hate that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Sorry - Max - PM me and I'll contribute $500 - anything to keep the best Jets site up and running. Sorry again - too much vodka, but that's not an excuse,......

All good man, no worries.

Just my $0.02

If I see it (or any mod) we can ban them from the thread.  So give it a shot and I'll try to keep an eye out when it starts tonight.

• Upvote 1