Let’s come up with a nickname for Mekhi Becton

Has a very solid rookie year.

Has some reported trouble in camp with our supposedly awesome elite free agent D-End (who himself got hurt and did piss all for this team this year, yet no one mocks....).

Gets hurt his second year in a way he couldn't have avoided (rolled up from behind).  

Entire Fanbase turns on him viscously and mocks him incessantly.

What a cancerous and hateful fanbase we are.  Seriously.

There are many people worth being frustrated with right now, it's hard to see an O-lineman who played very little before getting hurt in a way that could happen to ANY O-lineman as the core of this franchises problems, much less worthy of such hateful meanspirited derision. 

SMH.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Has some reported trouble in camp with our supposedly awesome elite free agent D-End (who himself got hurt and did piss all for this team this year, yet no one mocks....).

Gets hurt his second year in a way he couldn't have avoided (rolled up from behind).  

There are many people worth being frustrated with right now, it's hard to see an O-lineman who played very little before getting hurt in a way that could happen to ANY O-lineman as the core of this franchises problems, much less worthy of such hateful meanspirited derision. 

SMH.

The thing that pisses me off more than anything are the people blaming him for getting his leg rolled up on (like that can't happen to any OL on any play) and then connecting it to nagging injuries from a season ago? Now you have people saying he got hurt this year because he was overweight? Seriously? How?

It's just lazy, stupid commentary. At least half of the mouth breathers in this fanbase deserve this garbage team, tbh. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

SMH.

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The thing that pisses me off more than anything are the people blaming him for getting his leg rolled up on (like that can't happen to any OL on any play) and then connecting it to nagging injuries from a season ago? Now you have people saying he got hurt this year because he was overweight? Seriously? How?

It's just lazy, stupid commentary. At least half of the mouth breathers in this fanbase deserve this garbage team, tbh. 

Good posts and this take is very prevalent on here. It's one of the reasons I barely even read the board anymore. It's filled with emotionally charged garbage with little insight. Not that fans aren't justified in being pissed off after a decade of trash performances, I just find no value in reading it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Did anyone say Big Bust yet? I mean, the guy could drop some serious weight and play for many injury free seasons, but I could also hit the lotto twice in a week.

I have big hopes for Big Ticket, but he has to play at least 15 games a season at a high level to justify his selection. I'm not expecting injury free seasons, and I am not losing sleep if he misses 1-2 games a season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I mostly agree with you, but a freak injury doesn't seem so freaky when he has missed games or played while hurt for most of his two year career. He came into the season out of football shape, and with a bad foot. Nagging injuries are a Becton problem, not a fan on a message board problem.