Jump to content

Package 48 and 79 and go get Mims or Higgins


sec101row23
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

JD better be working the phones today trying to find a partner to go up and get Mims or Higgins.  I wouldn’t be comfortable waiting it out till 48.  There’s only 3 WR I would feel good about taking in the 2nd, Mims , Higgins and Pittman.   If JD could somehow walk away with Becton and Mims or Higgins with his first 2 draft picks as a Jets GM, then he’s off to great start.  

I'm curious to see what happens with Avery Williamson and Henry Anderson.  It's obvious to me that the plan was to try and increase draft capital by treading those guys.  SO I', into a 2nd rd trade or even use a 3rd and recoup a late third or 4th for AW. 

For example the Panthers pick is worth 520. tHe Jets 48 is worth 420. 100 pts is a comp 3rd. So throw in a 6th and AW to move up in this rd to grab one of the WRs. It will be interesting to see what JD can do. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'm curious to see what happens with Avery Williamson and Henry Anderson.  It's obvious to me that the plan was to try and increase draft capital by treading those guys.  SO I', into a 2nd rd trade or even use a 3rd and recoup a late third or 4th for AW. 

For example the Panthers pick is worth 520. tHe Jets 48 is worth 420. 100 pts is a comp 3rd. So throw in a 6th and AW to move up in this rd to grab one of the WRs. It will be interesting to see what JD can do. 

That I would do but no way am I giving up picks in this draft. We have holes that need to be filled by cheap rookie contracts. LT? Bam! 

Joey D goes to work again today. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theres a lot of interesting talent here in the 2nd.  A good group of edge left with uche, espenesa, gross matos.  A good group of safeties, still 2 tackles teams were floating as 1st rounders such as josh jones and ezra cleveland.  So its interesting. 

My instincts say you have to trade up to get the guy you want, that the pats, bengals, colts dolphins even and others could all be looking at WR's. 

however playing devils advocate, there is a lot of good talent i think teams thought could go in round 1 still on the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that JD should just let the draft come to him. WRs are always available in the NFL, hell, the Browns starters were a trade & free agent in Landry & OBJ. Personally, now that Douglas has put assets into the Oline, I'd rather have veteran WRs on the field because if you give Darnold time, with Herndon back, Crowder, Perriman, Bell out of the backfield WE ARE MOVING THE BALL! I think this 2nd round is perfect for another Edge Rusher & use our two 3s for WR & maybe Center (Hennesey?). 

I think we're signing Logan Ryan at CB after the draft.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

JD better be working the phones today trying to find a partner to go up and get Mims or Higgins.  I wouldn’t be comfortable waiting it out till 48.  There’s only 3 WR I would feel good about taking in the 2nd, Mims , Higgins and Pittman.   If JD could somehow walk away with Becton and Mims or Higgins with his first 2 draft picks as a Jets GM, then he’s off to great start.  

Find some way to get Mims or Pittman as I don't see either available when we pick at 48. I don't want any part of Higgins, he has bust written all over him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i can see them trading a 4th or 5th round pick to get a wr and then trading back with their own pick in the 3rd to get the pick back.  i do expect douglas to move around tonight and tomorrow.  i can't see mims sticking around long tonight, but i can see douglas targeting higgins if he makes it past the first 5-6 picks.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

JD better be working the phones today trying to find a partner to go up and get Mims or Higgins.  I wouldn’t be comfortable waiting it out till 48.  There’s only 3 WR I would feel good about taking in the 2nd, Mims , Higgins and Pittman.   If JD could somehow walk away with Becton and Mims or Higgins with his first 2 draft picks as a Jets GM, then he’s off to great start.  

lmfao - I figured one of us would be starting this thread but mine was going to be Higgins or Mims, draft one and I dont care if you have to move up to do it.

Becton and Higgins with the 1st 2 picks?  Dream scenario played out. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think that JD should just let the draft come to him. WRs are always available in the NFL, hell, the Browns starters were a trade & free agent in Landry & OBJ. Personally, now that Douglas has put assets into the Oline, I'd rather have veteran WRs on the field because if you give Darnold time, with Herndon back, Crowder, Perriman, Bell out of the backfield WE ARE MOVING THE BALL! I think this 2nd round is perfect for another Edge Rusher & use our two 3s for WR & maybe Center (Hennesey?). 

I think we're signing Logan Ryan at CB after the draft.

Edge is so important to this team. Yes we need playmakers on offense but we have to get an edge. Jets looking at Taylor in round 3. Hopefully they can get a WR in round 2 and Taylor should be there in round 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did Higgins ever produce a pro day thing this offseason? Do we know that his legs work? 

I read somewhere how he’s similar to Stephen Hill and immediately threw up in my mouth.

That stupid mother ****er had two touchdowns against the Bills in his first game!!!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Who cares:

 

 

He looks good when he’s healthy, for sure. But I’ve read that he’d been playing on a gimpy ankle all year which in one way is cool because it shows he’s tough, but it’s concerning because he had a bad ankle that needed surgery and hasn’t been seen since. Maybe @sec101row23 has some thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ghost said:

I read somewhere how he’s similar to Stephen Hill and immediately threw up in my mouth.

That stupid mother ****er had two touchdowns against the Bills in his first game!!!!  

Omg he’s better than Hill. Hill had 25 catches his entire college career

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did Higgins ever produce a pro day thing this offseason? Do we know that his legs work? 

I want no part of Higgins. He is injury prone, can't get separation and is not an elite athlete. And as for his legs working...... a major concern. 

Clemson wide receiver Tee Higgins' right ankle required surgery last spring and it left him with decreased range of motion, but he played on it for some time and had career highs with 1,167 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns on 59 catches as a junior in 2019. There might be some long-term concerns at the next level for Higgins, but his recent ankle injury is unlikely to have a major impact on his draft status this week.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think that JD should just let the draft come to him. WRs are always available in the NFL, hell, the Browns starters were a trade & free agent in Landry & OBJ. Personally, now that Douglas has put assets into the Oline, I'd rather have veteran WRs on the field because if you give Darnold time, with Herndon back, Crowder, Perriman, Bell out of the backfield WE ARE MOVING THE BALL! I think this 2nd round is perfect for another Edge Rusher & use our two 3s for WR & maybe Center (Hennesey?). 

I think we're signing Logan Ryan at CB after the draft.

This might be the worst argument ever. 

The Browns actually traded for both of those guys. OBJ cost a 1st, 2nd, and Jabrill Peppers, and Landry cost a 4th and a 7th. Both players have cap numbers over $14M today. If the Jets, instead, traded to the top of the second round and grabbed their top WR, the Jets would have him under contract for four years at about $8M total. Top WRs in the NFL are the second highest paid position in the NFL after QB. Getting a potential stud on a rookie deal is absolutely huge. I hate trading up in general, but the second round is a decent time to do it. 

By the chart, Jets could trade #48 and #79 to Cincinnati for their #33 and #147. It's a move they should definitely be discussing. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mackman55 said:

I want no part of Higgins. He is injury prone, can't get separation and is not an elite athlete. And as for his legs working...... a major concern. 

Clemson wide receiver Tee Higgins' right ankle required surgery last spring and it left him with decreased range of motion, but he played on it for some time and had career highs with 1,167 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns on 59 catches as a junior in 2019. There might be some long-term concerns at the next level for Higgins, but his recent ankle injury is unlikely to have a major impact on his draft status this week.

where did you find this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...