Trade Out of 48?

At 48 Jets should?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you entertain trading out from 48?

• Trade Up! (Target a specific Prospect)
    • Stay Put!
    • Trade Down! (Need additional draft capital)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/25/2020 at 01:00 AM

Douglas needs to pick up more picks to fill in more holes. He entertain the idea last night. Time to execute it tonight. Two teams out of the many with day two draft capital that's intriguing includes the Raiders and Seahawks. 

Raiders 80, 81, 91

Seahawks 59, 64, 101

Regardless I rather come out of day 2 with 4-5 selection then just 3.

• Upvote 2

I would try to use Avery Williamson and picks next year to move up and/or get additional picks.  This year is projected to be much deeper than next, so I wouldn't mind using a pick to make sure you get the player(s) you want this year.  I like Williamson, but I see the Jets using more 4 man fronts this year, and I don't think he is needed with all the depth at that position.

This Draft is breaking our way. It is loaded with talent, and with/at positions of need  - all with viable options in round 2 and 3. We still need playmakers. Douglas spent the offseason filling some holes and adding depth. I think we should at people that can help us win games - receivers who have YAC, RBs who can catch and run back punts, a red zone threat. 

Can't answer this poll properly, because any of the 3 options make sense depending on what happens.  With the information we have at the moment, staying put makes the most sense, but that decision will be in flux as we make our way thru round 2.

I'd trade up a few spots as long as it only costs us a 4th.

I'd be willing to stay put if we're at pick 42 and 2 or 3 of the big 3/4 WRs are still left.  

I'd be very willing to trade down if none of the top WRs we like makes it to 48.  I'd still want a WR in round 2, but would want one just a few picks later

• Upvote 2

I would entertain all 3 and evaluate whatever the offers were.  If I'm given a knock-your-socks offer to move up or down then the value of it will be strongly considered.  Depends on which players JD is in love with too.  For me I'd like Mims over the rest of the field by a wide margin.  So I would consider trade up options cause Mims dropping to 48 would be miraculoos.  It's just a matter of how much I value him over Pittman or Higgins to decide when to pull the trigger.

• Upvote 1

Look I can get behind the WR as the next needed pick idea it makes perfect sense and maybe JD goes that way but its clear JD is looking to build an Oline that mauls play after play and puts a beat down on the opponent. This means Ezra Cleveland to me. I would move up for him plus Darnold will be the direct benefactor of this type line. NEPs proved you can contend with avg talent at wide out when the oline is stout and kickin butt. There could also be some sleepers at WR in the later rounds plus who knows who shakes loose after cut downs etc. and then next years draft. I lust for the days of guys on the line like Faneca D'brick Mangold Woody etc 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Look I can get behind the WR as the next needed pick idea it makes perfect sense and maybe JD goes that way but its clear JD is looking to build an Oline that mauls play after play and puts a beat down on the opponent. This means Ezra Cleveland to me. I would move up for him plus Darnold will be the direct benefactor of this type line. NEPs proved you can contend with avg talent at wide out when the oline is stout and kickin butt. There could also be some sleepers at WR in the later rounds plus who knows who shakes loose after cut downs etc. and then next years draft. I lust for the days of guys on the line like Faneca D'brick Mangold Woody etc 

I'd have no problem with this. You could still probably land a Pittman or Van Jefferson + pick up another veteran that gets cut. If Sam gets 3/4/5 seconds & our run game is smashing people, Perriman, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, Bell, rookie RB, and veteran pick up are going to get open. This is the NFL, you can only stay with guys NOT FOR LONG. 

• Upvote 1

Expressed a few times in this thread, I’m open to Joe D moving all the way up to #33, staying put, or moving down and adding picks. 

If he’s in love with a Mims or Higgins and is convinced that the Colts are gonna take his guy, then go get him first. 

Or sit tight and if a prospect he loves is dropping more than he expected, make the minor move up to grab him. 

Go nowhere and watch the second round come to you the way the first did. 

Or everything’s gone to ****, let’s move down, add picks, and regroup. 

All are valid. When does it start? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Douglas needs to pick up more picks to fill in more holes. He entertain the idea last night. Time to execute it tonight. Two teams out of the many with day two draft capital that's intriguing includes the Raiders and Seahawks. 

Raiders 80, 81, 91

Seahawks 59, 64, 101

Regardless I rather come out of day 2 with 4-5 selection then just 3.

Yes we traded with the Hawks

• Upvote 1