2nd Round Pick - Which of these WR would you pick at 48 if available.

I personally want a WR and I am going to be honest there are at least 6 guys I would be ecstatic with.    I am listing them in the order I like them and I would take them depending on who is there

1. Michael Pitman Jr

2. Bryan Edwards

3. Laviska Shenault Jr

4. Tee Higgins

5. KJ Hamler

6. Denzel Mims

Who you taken?    Gimme Pitman Jr

The good news is that we should have at least a couple good choices at WR at 48.  Looking at the teams in front of us not too many should be in the hunt for a WR.  Plus if we did move up a little it should t cost much although I want to keep our picks unless we gained another with a Williamson trade 

15 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

I personally want a WR and I am going to be honest there are at least 6 guys I would be ecstatic with.    I am listing them in the order I like them and I would take them depending on who is there

1. Michael Pitman Jr

2. Bryan Edwards

3. Laviska Shenault Jr

4. Tee Higgins

5. KJ Hamler

6. Denzel Mims

1. Mims

2. Shenault

3. Hamler

4. Higgins

5. Pitman

6. Edwards

Edwards and hamler are reaches at 48.

You could probably get edwards tomorrow.

Hamler is in play at pick 68, as is Claypool.

Higgins, Mims, Pittman probably won't make it to #48. Shenault might, but i wouldn't take him over a lineman.

If they go WR, it has to be at pick 68. Would make the most sense.

• Upvote 1

1. Tee Higgins- I love his size and ball skills. I think he plays faster than his 40. I think Higgins will be a big time WR in the NFL.  

2. Mims

I have Higgins and Mims head and shoulders ahead of the other guys. 

3. Michael Pitman Jr

4. Claypool- this guy is just a physical specimen. I know some have him pegged as a TE in the NFL but I don't. He's worth taking in Rd. 2.  

5. Shenault- the injuries and slow 40 scare me. Otherwise I would have him higher. 

6. Edwards

7. Hamler- I know he's explosive but I don't want a small slot WR with a slight frame. That's just not the type of WR the Jets need. He's 5'9, 176lbs. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, lounap23 said:

1. Michael Pitman Jr

2. Bryan Edwards

3. Laviska Shenault Jr

4. Tee Higgins

5. KJ Hamler

6. Denzel Mims

Higgins > Mims > Pittman > Shenault > Hamler > Edwards 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

The good news is that we should have at least a couple good choices at WR at 48.  Looking at the teams in front of us not too many should be in the hunt for a WR.  Plus if we did move up a little it should t cost much although I want to keep our picks unless we gained another with a Williamson trade 

If we could use Williamson to get a 4th and we package our 2nd and 4th to move up higher in the 2nd is it worth it?   I feel like a WR will be there at 48 and we wont have to move up.... Now the lower part of the 2nd round and the 3rd Round is interesting to me.   if we have 2 3rd's and 2 4th's (if Williamson can get us a 4th)   there might be play to get back into the lower part of the 2nd or move up higher in the 3rd for an edge guy.

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I love Shenault but his injuries are a concern.

I'd probably have to go with Michael Pittman Jr in that scenario. 

I agree 1000%.. The injuries are why I have him 3rd on my list same with Edwards at 2 on my list. If there was no injury history I think they would be 1 and 2 and Pittman would be my 3rd choice.   But man I think people are sleeping on Edwards 

2 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

If we could use Williamson to get a 4th and we package our 2nd and 4th to move up higher in the 2nd is it worth it?   I feel like a WR will be there at 48 and we wont have to move up.... Now the lower part of the 2nd round and the 3rd Round is interesting to me.   if we have 2 3rd's and 2 4th's (if Williamson can get us a 4th)   there might be play to get back into the lower part of the 2nd or move up higher in the 3rd for an edge guy.

Look I’m fine with staying put.  

• Upvote 1

Mims for me.

I’m one of the few who likes Shenault but I think he tumbles. Most likely of the group to be there at 79 and doubling down with him and a safer guy earlier would be sweet.

Hamler I think is firmly in play - the drops bug me though. Similar to Shenault, would only be comfortable with another safer WR alongside him. Think he goes early. Ruggs went earlier than expected, so did Reagor. Hamler is the next and last guy in the elite speed category. Whoever wanted Ruggs or Reagor but didn’t get them...this is the guy. And I’d bet many teams fall into that category.

Like Pittman, Edwards, and Higgins as prospects but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if the Jets draft them. Think speed will be emphasized too much for that to happen. Higgins seems like he’s going to tumble. Maybe I’m dead wrong. Think the medical, athletic testing, and late season struggles push him farther than he should be pushed. Edwards gives me the reverse vibe. People sleeping on him because he didn’t participate in anything - but didn’t hurt himself. Think late R2, early R3. Maybe earlier. Pittman feels like he’ll go early today. Plug and play. The most of the group.

42 minutes ago, PepPep said:

1. Tee Higgins- I love his size and ball skills. I think he plays faster than his 40. I think Higgins will be a big time WR in the NFL.  

2. Mims

I have Higgins and Mims head and shoulders ahead of the other guys. 

3. Michael Pitman Jr

4. Claypool- this guy is just a physical specimen. I know some have him pegged as a TE in the NFL but I don't. He's worth taking in Rd. 2.  

5. Shenault- the injuries and slow 40 scare me. Otherwise I would have him higher. 

6. Edwards

7. Hamler- I know he's explosive but I don't want a small slot WR with a slight frame. That's just not the type of WR the Jets need. He's 5'9, 176lbs. 

Higgins looks like a first round talent and if the JD agrees - I hope he moves up to get him. I think he plugs in as #1 WR immediately.

The others you may as well see falls to you - they seem like hit or miss guys.  I will say I think Edwards has the best hands of all of them. His best catches are better than the best catches of anyone on else on this list, 

23 minutes ago, derp said:

Mims for me.

I’m one of the few who likes Shenault but I think he tumbles. Most likely of the group to be there at 79 and doubling down with him and a safer guy earlier would be sweet.

Hamler I think is firmly in play - the drops bug me though. Similar to Shenault, would only be comfortable with another safer WR alongside him. Think he goes early. Ruggs went earlier than expected, so did Reagor. Hamler is the next and last guy in the elite speed category. Whoever wanted Ruggs or Reagor but didn’t get them...this is the guy. And I’d bet many teams fall into that category.

Like Pittman, Edwards, and Higgins as prospects but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if the Jets draft them. Think speed will be emphasized too much for that to happen. Higgins seems like he’s going to tumble. Maybe I’m dead wrong. Think the medical, athletic testing, and late season struggles push him farther than he should be pushed. Edwards gives me the reverse vibe. People sleeping on him because he didn’t participate in anything - but didn’t hurt himself. Think late R2, early R3. Maybe earlier. Pittman feels like he’ll go early today. Plug and play. The most of the group.

Edwards broke his foot before the combine

Tee Higgins reminds me of Alshon Jeffery. 

6-3"- 218

Jeffery- 6-3"- 216

Neither have top end speed but both are great at boxing out & highpointing. 

Now, I'm not a fan of moving up, but, I think Tee is underrated. If we hear early, The Jets just traded up? I'm saying IN THE 2nd ROUND THE NY JETS SELECT TEE HIGGINS WR CLEMSON. 

3 hours ago, lounap23 said:

1. Michael Pitman Jr

2. Bryan Edwards

3. Laviska Shenault Jr

4. Tee Higgins

5. KJ Hamler

6. Denzel Mims

My order of preference is: 
Mims
Shenault
Higgins 
Edwards
Pittman

Sorry but I'm not on the Pittman hype train. 

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Tee Higgins reminds me of Alshon Jeffery. 

6-3"- 218

Jeffery- 6-3"- 216

Neither have top end speed but both are great at boxing out & highpointing. 

Now, I'm not a fan of moving up, but, I think Tee is underrated. If we hear early, The Jets just traded up? I'm saying IN THE 2nd ROUND THE NY JETS SELECT TEE HIGGINS WR CLEMSON. 

I would be okay with it but he needs to play tougher and have questions about his game speed and ability to separate against NFL corners.   Give me Shenault.  If healthy he is a true BEAST. 

39 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

Edwards broke his foot before the combine

Edwards gonna surprise a lot of people.  Had he been healthy at the combine his stock would be a lot higher.   I would take him over Pittman Jr.  and he may be available in round 3. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Edwards gonna surprise a lot of people.  Had he been healthy at the combine his stock would be a lot higher.   I would take him over Pittman Jr.  and he may be available in round 3. 

hmmm.... I like that take.  So maybe #68 for Bryan Edwards?  @Paradis sees him as a Van Jefferson type.  Those guys to me seem like high-quality WR2 types.....another Jerricho Cotchery? 

Rounds 2 and 3 seem like the sweet spot for WR.  The Jets should get two.

Shenault and Hamler are the two guys I know least about and would probably groan about at 48.  Mims, Higgins or Pittman would be a homer in my eyes at 48.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Pittman got an easy edge over Edwards based on size/ability to win outside on those 50/50 balls. Edwards is no joke, but much more of a Z-receiver like Cotchery. A really good one. 

• Upvote 1