Laviska Shenault?

Doggin94it

What happened to this kid? At the start of the year, he was looked at as a sure-fire first rounder, possibly a top-15 guy if things broke right. He's still on the board, and seems to be nobody's first, second, or even third choice among the remaining WRs. Is it just the injury issues? Or something else?

• Upvote 1

Jack of all trades master of none.

Tweener without elite skills in any one area.  Now with some injuries and due to that had a slower combine than expected.

He's high risk but I'd be really excited to get him at 48.  He was mocked to the first round for months and then fell off after the above whispers

And this is one reason why I am happy with Mims instead of Shenault.  Did not want the gadget player.  We so desperately need a traditional X split end and Mims project to that role so much better than Shenault. 

He may turn out to be a great playmaker, but not what we needed right now.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Lith said:

And this is one reason why I am happy with Mims instead of Shenault.  Did not want the gadget player.  We so desperately need a traditional X split end and Mims project to that role so much better than Shenault. 

Agreed

I liked Lynn Bowden as another gadget type, but where the Raiders took him in the 3rd? Nah.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Lith said:

Wasn’t that what Ty Montgomery was supposed to be for us last year? Much rather having the true #1 “X” receiver that will develop a relationship as Sam’s go to guy; Not some gadget guy who gets 6 scripted plays/game.

• Haha 1