k-met57

SNY: Jets looking to trade up

Apr. 24, 1:36 p.m.:

The Jets are definitely interested in moving up in the second round of the draft, a source told SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, who adds that a potential trade up could be with eyes on snatching a receiver.

According to Vacchiano, Jets GM Joe Douglas doesn't want to have to wait all the way to pick 48 to make Gang Green's first selection of the second round. 

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

JD should use next years ammo to move up. This draft could vault us right now

4th is the most I would go 

• Upvote 2

I’m quite torn. Dying for one of these top wideouts but we also need our quality picks. Gun to my head I’m trading up 6-10 spots; hopefully we can do this while keeping our two thirds. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, PS17 said:

I’m quite torn. Dying for one of these top wideouts but we also need our quality picks. Gun to my head I’m trading up 6-10 spots; hopefully we can do this while keeping our two thirds. 

Our thirds are off limits 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I would rather him stay put (we need the picks) but if he is looking at a WR and knows there is going to be rush, let's see what he can come up with. 

Here is the Jets Blog I believe you are taking it from:

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/latest-jets-2020-nfl-draft-buzz-and-rumors-gang-green-interested-in-trading-up-in-second-round/313326530

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

4th is the most I would go 

Get's us up to about 42 and the Colts. Could be worth it if one of Mims or Higgins are still there? 

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

agree,,2021 draft picks arent as valuable for a math reason..college fball 6 weeks ahead of NFL so MUCH less practice, maybe less games so the fail rate on draft picks will almost certainly be higher next year. I would try and use 2021 picks in any trade I can..heehee

I would be very interested in something like a 4th/5th/6th round pick this year, Avery Williamson and a 2nd round next year for a high 2nd rounder this year.  Consolidating, and using a pick next year usually isn’t ideal in my opinion, but this year is so deep it would be like getting another first rounder.  It would be well worth it if there is a guy with a good grade.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Mims, Pittman or Higgins only.  And please use #48 and #79.  I like that #68 pick.

This Draft is deep at WR.  We want to get another one later on in Round 4-5 or so if possible.

• Upvote 3

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Mims, Pittman or Higgins only.  And please use #48 and #79.  I like that #68 pick.

I’m not trading 79.  You can get a good player there 

Just now, Copernicus said:

Swapping our second and a player (Avery Williamson?) maybe. No way Im trading a pick 

Absolutely.  Certainly not either of our third rounders.  The way this draft is going we will get 2 good players at 68 and 79.  We have too many holes to give up high picks 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I agree. 

But if he does this for Mims I'd forgive him.

He can always use the other 3rd to tradedown for another 4th. 

Now that he's got his guy in Becton.  He may start playing the draft nice and loose.  Going up-down...down-up throughout remainder of the draft.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I wonder for who. You have to think it's either Mims, Higgins or Pittman Jr. 

dont forget RB swift still there and we have a HUGE need at RB for 2021 and we arent a SB team in 2020 so........................

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This Draft is deep at WR.  We want to get another one later on in Round 4-5 or so if possible.

8 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Swapping our second and a player (Avery Williamson?) maybe. No way Im trading a pick 

My feelings. 👆

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Nope! Mims is the only WR I'd move up to get and even then JD would have to move all the way up from 48 to 34 where the Colts are and need a WR. Love would have been their pick but he is gone.  It would be costly to move up.  A 4th aint doing it. unless you add a player.  And of course they's have to agree to trade or you go to the Bangles at 33. Pick 33-34 = 580-560   Pick 48- 420   That's 180-160 points. That translates into our second 3rd rounder. Mims is a special, elite talent and some have him rated as the best WR of this crop. Shocking he didn't go in 1st round.  Do it JD!

• Upvote 1

Here's a trade up scenario: Carolina (#38 - 520 pts).
We swap 2nds (#48 - 420 pts) and give them #79 (195 pts) and get back their 4th (#113 - 68pts)
Carolina gets picks with value of 615. Jets get picks with value of 588 pts
I'd like to see something like this instead of just straight giving up a pick. The value in round 4 will still be good for what we still need.

Tonight we just need a starting caliber WR and CB (or Guard). We can get the rest in rounds 4-7.

ESPN’s Todd McShay has Shenault getting picked in the second round with the 46th overall pick to the Broncos: “Denver still needs a wide receiver opposite Courtland Sutton, and Shenault would be making a short drive from Boulder, where he played college ball, to do a little bit of everything in this Broncos offense.” McShay’s colleague, Mel Kiper Jr., doesn’t have Shenault going in the first two rounds.

The Athletic’s Dane Brugler has Shenault selected with the No. 48 pick and heading to the Jets. As does Pro Football Focus’ Michael Renner.

“Injuries will drop him, but Shenault is still an uber talent,” Renner writes. “His 4.98 yards per route against man coverage over the past two seasons is tops among wideouts in the draft.”

I don’t think JD wants to give up any of the thirds.  Apparently to move up to 9 all he would do is a 4th

If we could use 68 to climb back into the 2nd without using 48 or 79 I’d be all for it. Give me Hennessey and Pittman in the 2nd with Claypool at 79

• Confused 1

I think we assume he would move up for a WR (or maybe we just want that), but any move up may be for CB/Edge given positional value that JD stressed.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

ESPN’s Todd McShay has Shenault getting picked in the second round with the 46th overall pick to the Broncos: “Denver still needs a wide receiver opposite Courtland Sutton, and Shenault would be making a short drive from Boulder, where he played college ball, to do a little bit of everything in this Broncos offense.” 

Did McShay miss the first round? 

His name is Jerry Juedy, and the Broncos drafted him last night at #15. 

• Upvote 4

I'm against the Jets trading up, but if they do, it has to be for a WR they think will be immediately near the top of their depth chart. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

I'm against the Jets trading up, but if they do, it has to be for a WR they think will be immediately near the top of their depth chart. 

Agreed.  I mean if they could get a 4th for Williamson I could live with it but I feel 68 or 79 is too steep a price in this draft 

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Did McShay miss the first round? 

His name is Jerry Juedy, and the Broncos drafted him last night at #15. 

it was for reference on how he felt pre draft for chanault

maybe moving up for sims or a CB they see as a shut down guy>

13 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

dont forget RB swift still there and we have a HUGE need at RB for 2021 and we arent a SB team in 2020 so........................

No. Rb can be taken the same year you need one. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

No. Rb can be taken the same year you need one. 

I don’t mind take a RB on Day 3