SNY: Jets looking to trade up

21 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Here's a trade up scenario: Carolina (#38 - 520 pts).

We swap 2nds (#48 - 420 pts) and give them #79 (195 pts) and get back their 4th (#113 - 68pts)

Carolina gets picks with value of 615. Jets get picks with value of 588 pts

That looks good to me.  That 113 pick could still grab a solid player.  It would be even better if they threw in a 7th rounder to make up a little of the difference.  That extra 7th could be valuable this year.  

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’m not trading 79.  You can get a good player there 

what if you get back a 4th or 5th in the deal as well (in addition to moving up)?

We don't "lose" any picks (# of picks).....we just move 1 back a round/round & a half to move up.

Ex. 79 becomes 113 (because we flip with our trade partner to move up 10-15 spots in the 2nd)

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

what if you get back a 4th or 5th in the deal as well (in addition to moving up)?

We don't "lose" any picks (# of picks).....we just move 1 back a round/round & a half to move up.

Ex. 79 becomes 113 (because we flip with our trade partner to move up 10-15 spots in the 2nd)

If we get back a 4th I would be ok with it 

5 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

No. Rb can be taken the same year you need one. 

we will see. Nice to get in system and bell had some dings..  I like RBs in draft as I dont like overpaying in Free Agency as that means they ave played 4-5 years already and shelf life low on RBs. Hey, I dont know, just spitballing here, I dont have any inside connections or anything

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

That looks good to me.  That 113 pick could still grab a solid player.  It would be even better if they threw in a 7th rounder to make up a little of the difference.  That extra 7th could be valuable this year.  

I thought about that but we have to give them a little more as an incentive to do the deal and make it worth it for them

38 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I would be very interested in something like a 4th/5th/6th round pick this year, Avery Williamson and a 2nd round next year for a high 2nd rounder this year.  Consolidating, and using a pick next year usually isn’t ideal in my opinion, but this year is so deep it would be like getting another first rounder.  It would be well worth it if there is a guy with a good grade.

Not a bad trade. Are we going to get a comp pick for Robby Anderson or does the signing of Perriman wash that out? 

• Upvote 1

I made a joke about this rumor coming up this morning. Seems like we get the trade up rumor annually before the second round and receiver makes sense. Depends who and what they give up, oviously.

49 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

JD should use next years ammo to move up. This draft could vault us right now

Completely agree with this.

32 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Swapping our second and a player (Avery Williamson?) maybe. No way Im trading a pick 

I think that 48 and Avery Williamson could get the Jets all the way to 47 if things break perfectly.

27 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Here's a trade up scenario: Carolina (#38 - 520 pts).

We swap 2nds (#48 - 420 pts) and give them #79 (195 pts) and get back their 4th (#113 - 68pts)

Carolina gets picks with value of 615. Jets get picks with value of 588 pts

This scenario actually works better with the Giants. Jets get 614 in return giving up 615. Move higher. And the Giants might be interested since they lack a third.

22 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t think JD wants to give up any of the thirds.  Apparently to move up to 9 all he would do is a 4th

A third would've gotten them to 7. The 4th is about right. At this point 48 and either third are worth more than any remaining picks so the Jets would likely need picks back if including a third.

13 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

No. Rb can be taken the same year you need one. 

Could be reasonable to think the Jets might need a RB this year.

I hope they do not..... Don’t give away capital. I still want another big man at 48- get a receiver with one of the 3’s. There will be a camp cut by another team that will net us another receiver. 

This was never going to be a one year rebuild. Build the team with as strong as a foundation as you can first then add the bells and whistles.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I hope they do not..... Don’t give away capital. I still want another big man at 48- get a receiver with one of the 3’s. There will be a camp cut by another team that will net us another receiver. 

This was never going to be a one year rebuild. Build the team with as strong as a foundation as you can first then add the bells and whistles.

You think wide receivers are ornamental?

17 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

we will see. Nice to get in system and bell had some dings..  I like RBs in draft as I dont like overpaying in Free Agency as that means they ave played 4-5 years already and shelf life low on RBs. Hey, I dont know, just spitballing here, I dont have any inside connections or anything

I think for the Jets to take a RB as high as the second, he’d have to be graded well above just about any other position they’d be looking at, and he’d have to have a skill set where they could envision him on the field for 30% of the team’s offensive snaps. 

Beacause alternatively, you’re potentially looking for starters this season at WR, CB, Edge, or OL. 

I get that Bell could easily be on the way out after this season, but that’s a long way away and a lot can happen between now and then. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You think wide receivers are ornamental?

Honestly- I think they’re for the most part interchangeable. I think a great line will get you net you far more sustained success.

Yes- there are a few great ones here and there but far more often you can find receivers in later rounds and sometimes Non drafted  that go on to have great careers. 

• Upvote 1

I would be very interested in something like a 4th/5th/6th round pick this year, Avery Williamson and a 2nd round next year for a high 2nd rounder this year.  Consolidating, and using a pick next year usually isn’t ideal in my opinion, but this year is so deep it would be like getting another first rounder.  It would be well worth it if there is a guy with a good grade.
That price doesn't seem a bit steep? Realistically Williamson should have a 4th round pick pricetag I would think and you are giving up a second this year to move up if you add an additional fourth and a second rounder ontop of that it would need to be to move up to the top few slots imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Honestly- I think they’re for the most part interchangeable. I think a great line will get you net you far more sustained success.

Yes- there are a few great ones here and there but far more often you can find receivers in later rounds and sometimes Non drafted  that go on to have great careers. 

You can't just keep on tossing high draft picks on top of free agent signings and basically neglect another part of your football team. 

Lets see.....Im not college expert but there seems to be 8 picks that the jets should be very happy with and we pick 16. So will there be 8 names not on this list that go before? I say for sure.

there is going to be a big run on safties (yes) CB and LB plus one more qb so stay put. 

josh jones

cushenberry

higgins

hennesy

mims

pittman

cleveland

espenza

what do you think

15 minutes ago, slats said:

I think for the Jets to take a RB as high as the second, he’d have to be graded well above just about any other position they’d be looking at, and he’d have to have a skill set where they could envision him on the field for 30% of the team’s offensive snaps. 

Beacause alternatively, you’re potentially looking for starters this season at WR, CB, Edge, or OL. 

I get that Bell could easily be on the way out after this season, but that’s a long way away and a lot can happen between now and then. 

RB’s in the draft AND FREE AGENCY are everywhere and always available.  Im fine with a late 3rd or 4th if a stud is there but with Bell not going anywhere this year I’d be horrified TJ take a RB in round 2 - but anyway, no way JD does it 

Just now, HighPitch said:

Lets see.....Im not college expert but there seems to be 8 picks that the jets should be very happy with and we pick 16. So will there be 8 names not on this list that go before? I say for sure.

there is going to be a big run on safties (yes) CB and LB plus one more qb so stay put. 

josh jones

cushenberry

higgins

hennesy

mims

pittman

cleveland

espenza

what do you think

At 48 I don’t like Hennessy, Pittman, Cleveland or Epenesa. Like the others and I actually would be excited for shenault

11 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You can't just keep on tossing high draft picks on top of free agent signings and basically neglect another part of your football team. 

I didn’t say that either. We have two third round picks.  I’d prefer they get one - or even two there. Look. If they take one at 48 I suppose I get it. I just hope they don’t trade to do it.

Just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I don't want to even trade our fourth this year.  It's too deep.  

Is using next year's capitol too risky not knowing how the draft order will fall if there's no season? 

I think it would be riskier to accept draft compensation for next year in a trade with the risk of no college season the bigger factor. I’d strongly consider trading future picks to move up with that in mind. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

That price doesn't seem a bit steep? Realistically Williamson should have a 4th round pick pricetag I would think and you are giving up a second this year to move up if you add an additional fourth and a second rounder ontop of that it would need to be to move up to the top few slots imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Doesn’t include a 2nd this year.  

Something like 2020 4th, 2021 2nd and William for the high 2nd round pick.  

• Thumb Down 1