Decision at #48

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Pittman, Higgins, Cushenberry and Hennessy are on the board. Who's the pick? Me, with the WR depth, and 2 3rd round picks, go whichever C you like more. Finish the job.

Pittman is not better then higgins, or mims, or shenault, or Hamler.... Hennessey will be there in the 3rd... and so will cushenberry... So no to all those except Higgins.

• Upvote 1

HIggins would be first choice.  Then Pittman.

We have to spend some resource getting Sam weapons.  We have added about 6 lineman:Becton, Fant, McGovern, Van Roten, Josh Andrews and re-signed Lewis.  At WR we signed Doctson and Perriman.  Time to add a couple of premium WRs.  Higgins or Pittman would be ideal start to the day.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I hope everyone is ready for a corner round 2. 

I've made this point in a separate thread but with 4 CBs with guaranteed roster spots (albeit some on short contracts) I just don't see us drafting a CB in Rd. 2. I think odds are we draft a developmental corner later on in the draft- maybe even not until rd. 6. 

Specifically, I'm predicting Keith Washington in Rd. 5 or 6?

27 minutes ago, section314 said:

Pittman, Higgins, Cushenberry and Hennessy are on the board. Who's the pick? Me, with the WR depth, and 2 3rd round picks, go whichever C you like more. Finish the job.

Cushenberry and Becton could be our next Mangold and Dbrick.

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pittman, probably, but only because I’d gave fears about Higgins staying healthy. There are also some good IOL later in the draft, so I wouldn’t reach

Pittman has a strong base and lean upper body, really like how he high-points the ball. I did the simulated draft thing twice and came away with him then Hennessy (who fits the OL scheme better than Cushenberry) in round 2.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, section314 said:

I'd MUCH prefer Mims or Pittman with the 1st pick tonight... higgins I'm not sold on...  with the 2nd if there's a Stud Edge who slipped I'm all in or if Mims / Pittman are gone & there's a stud edge @ 48 I'm All In... I would look for the Best Available wideout with pick 68... OL there will still be above average players available further in the draft.

4 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

At WR don’t forget about Laviska Shenault. Bart Scott has him rated as best WR available, fwiw. I know consensus has him more in the 3rd round. But I’ve heard some other intriguing things about him.  

I've watched his tape... I don't see the hype.... I Hope the Jets don't draft him.

• Upvote 1

If they want an interior o-lineman, wait until round three with one of those two picks. This pick should be their highest rated WR all the way. I don’t think we’ll get Hennessy. He’s gonna go at the bottom end of the 2nd I think. 

There are around 8 quality WR’s left. Even John Idzik couldn’t screw this up. Take the receiver and we’re looking a lot better on offense. 

• Sympathy 1