****OFFICIAL 2020 NFL DRAFT DAY TWO THREAD OF OPTIMISM WHERE WE DON’T DISCUSS THE STREET VALUE OF BOX SAFETIES THREAD***

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

The Jets got 125 and 129 ans 2021 6th from the Pats. Common core math aside that's 2 additional picks in this years 4th round. The Jets had 120 going into the fourth and now have 120 125 129.

He's not good at math or psychology. lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ken Schroy said:

You can't afford me. Pay for a psych class for yourself. It will be money well spent, trust me. 

This is laughable and highly entertaining. I wish I had a live video feed of the moment you finally understand the math. 

17 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Douglas has the balls to trade with Belicheat.  Mac was afraid to trade down but would have been especially afraid to trade with Belicheat.

Exactly.  The guy is a DUDE.  And better yet, he is OUR Dude!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Holy sh*t with the math. You ******* guys...

FWIW, the Seahawks draft board guys had Zuniga as a 2nd and Ashtyn Davis (#27 Mother****ers!) as a 4th.  Becton a 1st obv.  and Mims a 2nd.  

The Cowboys big board guy had Becton with a 1st round grade at #15 overall and Mims with a 2nd round grade at #18.  Zuniga and Davis both had 3rd round grades and were #66 and 75 respectively.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Which was in the 3rd round 

We gave up the late 3rd Seattle comp pick (101) in exchange for two 4th rounders (125 and 129) and a 2021 6th.

I think many people are not getting this, as I think you are explaining here.

Yes, we got two fourth rounders plus the sixth rounder, but we gave up the pick in the third.  So, we netted one pick in the 4th, and the 6th rounder next year.  

Just now, Untouchable said:

Well...yeah...

Were the Pats just supposed to hand us those picks for free or something without moving up?

We gave up #101 in order to gain #125, #129 and a 6th next year.

Hell, #101 was essentially a gift anyway. We were still able to land Mims at #59.

So essentially, we picked up two additional 4th rounders and a 2021 6th to move back in the 2nd round and take Mims. That’s pretty damn sweet anyway you slice it.

Exactly they don’t get that 101 was a gift and we got the guy we wanted anyway.  We started out with 1 4th now we have 3.  You can still potentially get decent players in the 4th and have 3 makes it better odds 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly they don’t get that 101 was a gift and we got the guy we wanted anyway.  We started out with 1 4th now we have 3.  You can still potentially get decent players in the 4th and have 3 makes it better odds 

If your buddy gave you bag full of money (hundreds of dollars) would you trade it for a dollar? Hey.. the bag full of money was a gift

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1