****OFFICIAL 2020 NFL DRAFT DAY TWO THREAD OF OPTIMISM WHERE WE DON’T DISCUSS THE STREET VALUE OF BOX SAFETIES THREAD***

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, no sh*t, we technically “lost“ pick #101 in order to pick up #125, #129 and a 2021 6th.

So yes, a net gain of two picks, not three.

That still doesn’t change the fact that pick #101 was a freebie to begin with. We picked it up by trading down 11 spots in Round 2 and STILL walked away with Mims.

So, by parlaying that #101 pick into #125, #129 and a 2021 6th rounder...the Jets moved down 11 spots in the 2nd round to still get Mims and pick up two additional 4th’s and a 2021 6th rounder in the process.

That’s a win.

No sh*t yet in your prior post you claim 2 additional 4th round picks. 

Glad you finally did the math ?

Just now, Larz said:

No sh*t yet in your prior post you claim 2 additional 4th round picks. 

Glad you finally did the math ?

Yeah, two additional 4th round picks.

In addition to pick #120, in the 4th round, which we still have.

What are we even arguing here? You don’t like the trade because you feel Douglas didn’t get sufficient value or something?

[mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention] Tanner Muse went pretty early.  I should have made him Mr Irrelevant.  Could have picked up some points but I wanted my crazy pick

Funny. I thought of coming here to reach out to you when I saw that. I was moving all day Nd night so...
but yeah man. That’s really early. I could have seen someone falling in love in the late 4th but a 3rd is surprising.

But I do like that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Still lots of good talent out there.  Players I favor:  (bolded, i especially like at some point.)

CB:

Bryce Hall

Troy Pride

Lamar Jackson

Reggie Robinson

Stanford Samuels

Nevelle Clark

L'Jarius Sneed (can play safety)

Edge:

Bradley Anae

Curtis Weaver

LB:

Khaleke Hudson

Oline:

Tyler Biadasz

Netane Muti

Shane Lemieux

Ben Bredeson

John Simpson

Alex Taylor

RB:

Anthony McFarland

Lamicheal Perine

DeeJay Dallas

TE:

Albert Okwuegbunam

Harrison Bryant

WR:

Tyler Johnson

Donovan Peoples-Jones

Gabriel Davis

Isiah Hodgins

Jame Proche

John Hightower

Juan Jennings

Binjimen Victor

Joe Reed

Kalijia Lipscomb

12 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, but there should be a pretty heavy discount for the year wait.  Rule of thumb is one round which would put in the 7th or worth around 1 point.  I think the guys they were targeting (think they may have been hoping for Peart) were gone, so they moved.  I'm fine with it. 

You're right the value is lower for a next year pick. So if you look at draft value points it's probably a wash. So then why did he do it? Maybe they thought the value on their board at those positions in the draft was fairly equal. They were sure they could get a comparable player in the 4th round. And 4th rounders are cheaper than 3rd rounders. Also like I said before they might like to trade back into 2021 because they have a good number of picks in 2020. Just a guess but I like Douglas being active. Actually one GM who was good at draft day trades and usually got better value on the draft value chart was Tanny.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah, two additional 4th round picks.

In addition to pick #120, in the 4th round, which we still have.

What are we even arguing here? You don’t like the trade because you feel Douglas didn’t get sufficient value or something?

The trade is ok. The value was more or less equal.   It’s refreshing that Douglas is getting credit for “still getting mims”

I think you are getting confused by the fact the Jets traded out of the 3rd round into the 4th ?

Picks 101 and 125 were SWAPPED. 

Please do me a favor and pretend they were both in the same round. 

I can’t do this anymore lol

F9157DCF-EC66-4ADE-9161-2ADBAFB37D11.jpeg

55 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Went back 12 pages looking for some Jet fan insight on the draft, instead read 12 pages of 4 guys bitching about math. 

I believe that's 3 guys per page, on average, but I'm not a math expert. 

While some selectively exclude or include a 2021 6th rounder to make their point and get heated about it ?. Can't make this **** up. 

• Haha 1