QW a year later

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wanted Ed Oliver or Josh Allen, or to trade down.  Still out on QW and say we made a major mistake there.  

This year I wanted Andrew Thomas, but it wasn't in the cards.  Happy with Becton.  

Josh Allen was my pick but I was happy with Q.  Like I mentioned earlier in the thread I think a lot went wrong last year but he still showed good things.  I think injuries certainly didn’t help.  I think he is gonna have a big second year 

Every year the #1 DT prospect in the draft is called "one of the best DT prospects in years". 

Watching Williams last year and even his college highlights, he didnt impress me. Small frame. Showed OK quickness but nothing that makes him jump off the screen. Might end up being a good player but probably not a game changer. There's maybe 4 or 5 game changers who play defensive tackle in the entire league. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JTJet said:

Rookie years.

Donald - 48 tackles/9 Sacks/13 QB hits/18 TFL 

Buckner - 73 tackle/6 Sacks/18 QB hits/7 TFL 

Williams- 28 tackles/2.5 Sacks/6 QB hits/4 TFL 

One of these things is not like the other... doesnt seem like it's me that needs a clue. 

What were Sapps 1st year #s? Better comparison. Please, don't compare rooks to the best defensive player in the league like Donald. 

10 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

We took a pick yesterday that has drawn as much attention for his upside while not being expected to immediately start.  If Fant starts at left tackle and Becton only features as a lpart timer... what ttune are you going to sing next year at this time?  A DL in his first year is an immediate force too? I'm sorry that t I don't know what the positional expectations for new prospects are... by position.

did someone say this? we picked an OT we dont expect to start at #11? he better fucgkin start....

6 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Does he have a murder case or something?

Great college career, talented. 

Has to be character concerns, like Aaron Hernandez. No other explanation.

I did see a lot of stuff saying he'd slide but it could have more to do with the depth of this class than anything else.  It's absurd the number of receivers still on the board who are projected starters.