Best wr available is Donovan People's Jones

As many of know from my time in the other forum I hyped Stefon Diggs when he was at Maryland. Urban Meyer almost landed Diggs but he went to Maryland as it is closer to home. People's Jones was Meyers most favorite recruit at Ohio St that he never landed. He has insane ability, but was hindered by bad Michigan qb play.  He was the second best wideout after Jeaudy.   Don't be shocked if he is the next Antonio Brown. He is a good route runner and explosive.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Beerfish said:

He is a guy tough to judge because his QB stunk and the coach was so conservative.  His combine was eye popping, at least as much as Claypool imo.  His vertical and broad jump were the best of any wr.

He is better than Pittman. Pittman reminds me of a lot USC wr busts, slow off the route. Not going to be a great pro.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is a guy tough to judge because his QB stunk and the coach was so conservative.  His combine was eye popping, at least as much as Claypool imo.  His vertical and broad jump were the best of any wr.

He was also the highest rated WR coming out of HS. Sucks for him that he had to play with Patterson.

5 hours ago, freestater said:

I like this idea. He should be there in the 3rd. 

5 hours ago, RobR said:

Doubt it. His upside is too intriguing.

He's there in the 4th!  Let's trade up to 107 with the Bengals.

Jets receive:

• # 107 (80 points)

Bengals receive:

• # 120 (54 points)
  • # 158 (27 points)
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's there in the 4th!  Let's trade up to 107 with the Bengals.

I would have really liked this pick at 101, getting the double dip at WR would have been a nice way to end day 2.

At this point all bets are off and he could be there at our 120 pick.  I think trading up negates the point of trading down in the first place. That is unless we trade a player instead of a pick.

JD doesn't seem to be tying himself to single prospects with the way he is trading back. I've been happy with his method so far. I'm dying for another quality WR prospect though.

• Sympathy 1

Oh I’d love him but he fell for a reason

Supposedly he plays because he can, not because he wants to.

his qb sucked but several other michigan receivers With the same QB and in the same offense had more Catches, more yards per catch, and more YAC. Says a lot for the most physically gifted wide receiver in college last year, hence a day 3 pick now

but in the 4th round - hell yeah, he’s the number one target for his upside 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cookiemonstaman said:

As many of know from my time in the other forum I hyped Stefon Diggs when he was at Maryland. Urban Meyer almost landed Diggs but he went to Maryland as it is closer to home. People's Jones was Meyers most favorite recruit at Ohio St that he never landed. He has insane ability, but was hindered by bad Michigan qb play.  He was the second best wideout after Jeaudy.   Don't be shocked if he is the next Antonio Brown. He is a good route runner and explosive.

I like DPJ.  Also...between rounds 4-6...I like John Hightower and Quez Watkins.  These three have the speed and athleticism JD wants for skill positions.

I would think JD will draft one more WR tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, cookiemonstaman said:

Then why not take him at #101?  Why did the Jets trade the pick if they could have had the 2nd best WR after Jerry Jeudy?

33 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Proche, man.  Slot replacement for Crowder by 2021 or 2022.

Exactly. Groom that kid. He is explosive, shifty and has great hands. Hoping JD takes another 2-3 WR's which is why I think he's accumulating picks.  We have 6 picks left I believe.  Taking 3 WR's is not overkill considering we only have 3 stable WR's: Perriman on a 1 year deal, Crowder who may be gone by 2021 and now Mims.