We finally have a real GM.

RobR

amazing that it seems like the draft is completely coming to us.  wonder if it's just being fortuitous or if when you have a real, competent GM that understands the market, understands his team...that this is what competence looks like.  Been a long time since we've been exposed to it.  So far, JD acting like a real GM.  Good signs here...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I also think Douglas is savvy enough to look at the draft class before FA, figure out what positions he’s going to be able to address without forcing too much, and leave those open.

Drafting to the strength of the draft class is so, so huge. Build the position groups that are strong. Don’t have to force picks and probably get better values anyway.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, thshadow said:

How did Van Jefferson go before Mims?  Is there some red flag with Mims we don't know of?  Maybe a bad piss test for him too?

The Jets interviewed him twice so whatever the reason we still feel great about him.  Some guys just falls for silly reasons sometimes 

Just now, RobR said:

If we land Duvernay I'll be shooting blanks for at least a week.

Honestly it feels greedy but why would we think that’s not in play? Is that your move at 68 or who are you looking for? I got so much Mims tunnel vision and I’ve been basking in this since.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

Honestly it feels greedy but why would we think that’s not in play? Is that your move at 68 or who are you looking for? I got so much Mims tunnel vision and I’ve been basking in this since.

If he's there with our next pick I'm all in. We instantly transform our WR corp with players that are ready too contribute.