We finally have a real GM.

RobR

JD Values the draft.  With the amount of picks we ended up with this year and how we structured a lot of contracts this offseason Douglas clearly is looking for comp picks and we already added a couple extra picks next year.  This gives you depth which is something we haven’t had in years 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, SMC said:

The big question is, if this draft turns out to be a home run, do they make Douglas do the draft from home every year.

I just think the guy knows talent and knows how to work a draft.  He could probably  do it sitting on the toilet for all I care ? 

• Haha 2

Being able to move down from #48 to #59 and still get the wideout most of us wanted.  Shows you how well he's reading this draft.  To know that teams would pass on Mims and he would have a good shot at getting him is highly impressive.  

JD is everything I sensed he could be.  I wanted him so bad to play the draft this way.  Tradedowns a few times to add more chips.  And don't be surprised if it continues in round 4.  I also expect JD to trade up...if the opportunity presents itself...to target a specific player he wants.  These moves are giving him that kind of flexibility.

Draft Day Three...

Can't wait!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Would’ve liked one of the centers/IOL. 

Cant say I’m pumped for a safety but we’ll see how it all comes together. Obviously love the first two picks. 

It’s honestly up to Gase and his staff to take these guys to the next level and not fuk it up. 

Same here, I wanted more offensive line. 

But you can find reliable offensive linemen in round 4. There are some good ones remaining. Maybe this is what he anticipated. 

That safety was probably a Gregg Williams pick. 

Just now, predator_05 said:

Same here, I wanted more offensive line. 

But you can find reliable offensive linemen in round 4. There are some good ones remaining. Maybe this is what he anticipated. 

That safety was probably a Gregg Williams pick. 

Douglas knows what he wants.  The Safety is an athletic freak.  Can’t want to see how GW uses him 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Athleticism matters more at EDGE than any other position on the field.

Macc drafted Polite, who was a slug. 

JD drafted Zuniga, one of the best athletes in the entire draft class.  

Vast difference between these 2 picks, even though they play the same position, come from the same program and were taken in the same round.

jachai-polite-ras-16487.png?w=1100&ssl=1

Jabari-Zuniga-RAS-19387.png?w=806&ssl=1

Does any one knows his age?

Safety? Really?
We needed a safety and we needed a corner. Davis can fill either role. Plus he return kicks. He has untapped potential. I'm sure Greg Williams co-signed this.

When Maye walks next year, we'll be thankful to have Davis ready to go with a year of experience under his belt.
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

We needed a safety and we needed a corner. Davis can fill either role. Plus he return kicks. He has untapped potential. I'm sure Greg Williams co-signed this.

When Maye walks next year, we'll be thankful to have Davis ready to go with a year of experience under his belt.

Hey Man im not trying to hate, i Just don't get the hype, is another Premium pick on a not Premium position.

• Sympathy 1