HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

Smash and Dice are 2 good trains IMO.  Both have contributed very little and the type to lay low and let the town pick themselves apart as scum.

Im voting Smash for seriously trying to float that Nyn putting Dandie at L-3 vs him putting Dandie at L-2 is a significantly different vote and therefore she is scummy and he is not. 

Its absurd logic.  

38 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

vote jif

Weren’t you just waxing poetic about how good town players reassess their reads?  And your just crater back into me again after all the stuff going on?  Ugh

Anywho, did you take no issue with Smash FOS’ing you for putting Ape at L-3 when he put him at L-2?   Pretty bad look IMO.  Your name was coming up a lot around that time, looked like he was wagon jumping while setting up a later move. 

19 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Dumdie is not scum hunting like he normally does at this stage in the game he would have had 1000 posts and FOS half the people playing ...he has not done so. I can't base a case only on that but others seem to be so sure he's scum... 

I hate to vote this late on his train but the 80 vote has no traction nor does Hess who I feel both are possible scum.

Nyn also has perfect placement on Dumdie's train and she seems to be more on the defensive this game rather than scum hunting. I have seen her ignore things in the past and move back to scum hunting but I have not seen that this game. Maybe Nyn more on the defensive is a scum tell for her.

Unvote 80

Vote Dumdie

16 hours ago, JiF said:

This vote was disgusting.  Critical vote on the same train he calls Nyn out for her placement.  lol

16 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I was trying to vote Ape to L-2 for his reveal..... turns out hess was thinking the same and it turned into a lynch  sh*t happens. I was looking at Nyn from my perspective at the time since she was wrapped up with others defending herself it seemed opportunistic she voted for Dumbo

16 hours ago, JiF said:

Her vote was opportunistic but yours wasnt?  lol

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Not going to explain it for the 3rd time .... I told you what I was thinking at the time . There is a difference between voting  L-3 and voting L-2

I wanted to push a reveal from Ape . I see what you are getting at so all I can do is explain if you don't believe what Im saying then do what you have to do.

This is the grossness I’m talking about. 

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Smash and Dice are 2 good trains IMO.  Both have contributed very little and the type to lay low and let the town pick themselves apart as scum.

Im voting Smash for seriously trying to float that Nyn putting Dandie at L-3 vs him putting Dandie at L-2 is a significantly different vote and therefore she is scummy and he is not. 

Its absurd logic.  

You think Stark, Smash and Dice came up with the Dr. Manhattan FR on D1? And then took out Crusher?

?

1 minute ago, DPR said:

You think Stark, Smash and Dice came up with the Dr. Manhattan FR on D1? And then took out Crusher?

?

Smash?  Yes.  100%.  A vet player that would take out Crusher early and come up with a terrible reveal.  

Dice?  No clue.  I just know he hasnt provided anything at this point and as I start to look at how this game has transpired.  The low active veterans players are a great place to shake the trees.  

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I have AVM’s results for N1-N3. I will reveal them later so I would rather time be spent making cases or giving reads on the active players in the game rather than trying to figure out who the peeks are.

Nice!  I like this play too.

That said, you’ve become more of a night target now so I think you give us what you got o matter what today. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nice!  I like this play too.

That said, you’ve become more of a night target now so I think you give us what you got o matter what today. 

Agreed. Just don’t get anyone close to lynch so we don’t accidentally hammer like yesterday. I will reveal at a later point but will hold my vote for now as to not influence anyone.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Smash?  Yes.  100%.  A vet player that would take out Crusher early and come up with a terrible reveal.  

Dice?  No clue.  I just know he hasnt provided anything at this point and as I start to look at how this game has transpired.  The low active veterans players are a great place to shake the trees.  

Hmmm

Smash and Dice are both very limited as to how much time they spend on the game. I looked at it like a big FR play like that would require a lot of support - but you have a point about Smash.

@JiF So let’s look at that - 

Stark pulls a big fake, but he knows he’s gonna get caught at some point. 

Smash & Dice are already known as low posters. And, so far, neither has provided a meaningful amount of game related content. 

Smash knows he’s going to be thrown under the spotlight by the JN vets. Dice knows the DM’ers will analyze him. 

there will be more than 3 - at least 1 or 2 more. 

What would the plan to reach endgame be the 3 and who else is positioned to fit into that plan?

9 minutes ago, DPR said:

@JiF So let’s look at that - 

Stark pulls a big fake, but he knows he’s gonna get caught at some point. 

Smash & Dice are already known as low posters. And, so far, neither has provided a meaningful amount of game related content. 

Smash knows he’s going to be thrown under the spotlight by the JN vets. Dice knows the DM’ers will analyze him. 

there will be more than 3 - at least 1 or 2 more. 

What would the plan to reach endgame be the 3 and who else is positioned to fit into that plan?

Not really sure who beyond my thoughts on those 2 today.  Besides, we can only Lynch 1 today so I don’t think it’s necessary to try and piece the entire game together on 1 day.  Rather, aim small miss small and see if we can break it down as we go.  

On 4/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, deckerfan said:

Official Vote Count:

AJ (6) - Dice, 80, AVM, JIF, Stark, Crusher

JC (6) - Dandie, DPR, Arsis, Barry, CTM, Hess

JIF (3) - Drums, AJ, Nyn

Stark (2) - Pac, Nolder

Pac (1) - JC

CTM (1) - Smash

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to arrest 

D1 deadline: 2 pm EDT Wednesday, April 29

On 4/29/2020 at 10:36 AM, Smashmouth said:

Im gonna follow JIF cause you know greatness and all how could I go wrong.

Unvote CTM

Vote AJ

Weird reason to vote AJ and put him as the leading train  (VC before this vote above)

On 4/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, Smashmouth said:

Its almost Super Pac

Looking to give Pac the hammer, similar to D3 (Edit/Correction: day 3 was Hess)

On 5/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, Smashmouth said:

I'll tell ya what I've been active each day ...My posts are to the point and game related. If you look at everyone's posts and sift out all the bullsh*t, Jokes, arguing, crying,vaginas, I probably am right there with game related posts. I'm not going to force it anymore because that's when I cause problems for myself no matter the alignment. 

Right now I'm looking at Mess and 80 , for once I actually see you (JIF) as town aligned . Looking at 80 because I have seen multiple people bring him up for various reasons which caught my attention I'm going back and reading now to make my own assessment on him due to those concern's 

@DPR great job my drunk bastard friend 

I woke up about 40 min ago so Im catching up and as I said looking at 80. I always miss the lynch parties since Im usually sleeping while you guys are active in the morning hours but I do reads some at 3am when I take my lunch at work.

EDIT : To reflect I was talking about JIF at the beginning of paragraph 2

On 5/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, Smashmouth said:

hey man I'm just sayin.... I have done some re reads myself on various subjects (like Arsis) but the game is getting so damn long I'm not going to search to prove your argument either way .I noticed you pinged a few people and I did go back and read some posts but it would certainly be easier for you to point me in a direction on the CTM situation rather than me spending even more time re reading since you probably know exactly where said posts are. 

Do you typically say you'll go back and reread about something and not post your thoughts yet still vote that person?

• Upvote 1

That’s a ballsy move.

Not the vote, but Arsis declaring his own post as “post of the week”. We could all learn something from this. 

*edited to include Arsis name

• Post of the Week 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:01 AM, Smashmouth said:

I'm sure this is a pretty rolled up game as SMC games almost always are, which would make it hard for scum to fake a claim without getting nailed. CTM knows this for sure . But even with this being said it's still early and CTM's vote train was just the first day one train which was not based off anything CTM said or did. Just food for thought in both respects

On 4/27/2020 at 10:13 AM, Smashmouth said:

FWIW its a 2 reveal per day limit not per game so in that respect this is a little misleading. We very rarely have more than one or 2 reveals per day so your logic here seems a bit flawed. If you disagree that.s fine but this seems shady to me.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:47 AM, Smashmouth said:

Yep he is worth keeping an eye on ...if the 2 per day is not that bad a situation if his role is no big deal *as he stated* then his reveal should be no big deal either. Now if anyone disagrees the 2 reveal thing and thinks it is a big deal I would like to hear that

On 4/27/2020 at 11:46 AM, Smashmouth said:

well joke vote or real vote it's still a vote so if you get run up to L-1 or L-2 you still want to preserve your life as town. Either way I don't think its enough at this early stage to lynch you but then what is ... Im not a big fan of day one crap as you know but I put my feelings out there and I'll let others decide or weigh in.

Smash’s vote at the end of D3 stood out so I went back and took a look at his game. First thing that caught my eye was re: the CTM non-reveal. Smash starts off with a little fence sitting and playing devil’s advocate for both sides in the first post. I agree with his first point about the roled up games And CTM potentially wanting to avoid having to fake claim, but will leave the second point re: the seriousness of the train for a moment.

Second post it evolves a bit, throws some more shade on CTM accusing him of being misleading about the reveal limit. Seemed pretty clear it was a daily limit so I don’t get how it was misleading, but ok, take is getting stronger.

Third post he says the reveal limit isn’t a big deal and that CTM burning one of the reveals if he’s a non-important role isn’t a big deal. First thing I really don’t like. If CTM is actually telling the truth that he’s a safe lynch, why would town want him to burn a reveal?

Fourth post I agree with Smash that whether it was a joke vote or not shouldn’t really factor into the analysis. But in his first post on the subject, he explicitly does factor in the seriousness of the train into his analysis of CTM’s behavior.

Probably already spent too much time on this, but the increase in the shade throwing post to post while still hedging by the end that its “not enough to lynch” and he’ll “Let others decide” pings, and hedging will become a theme. Moving on..

On 4/29/2020 at 10:05 AM, Smashmouth said:

Yeah your 1 in a hundred record is impressive. Call me when you do it for 5 straight games Like I did a few years back you little nub. You going to keep up the town on town stupidity or are you going to actually try to be wrong like you normally are ?

Potshots at JiF’s scum-hunting record, but then declares he’s engaging in “town on town stupidity”... how does he know JiF is town?

On 4/29/2020 at 11:36 AM, Smashmouth said:

Im gonna follow JIF cause you know greatness and all how could I go wrong.

Unvote CTM

Vote AJ

After the potshots, follows JiF’s vote while at the same preemptively shifting blame. Similar to the “I’ll let others decide” bit of his CTM post.

On 4/29/2020 at 1:02 PM, Smashmouth said:

Im going to unvote AJ and Vote JC 

Switches to JC with no explanation (this was pre-AJ reveal)

On 5/1/2020 at 3:12 PM, Smashmouth said:

if you feel you're innocent why don't you prove it .

Ugh

20 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Dumdie is not scum hunting like he normally does at this stage in the game he would have had 1000 posts and FOS half the people playing ...he has not done so. I can't base a case only on that but others seem to be so sure he's scum... 

I hate to vote this late on his train but the 80 vote has no traction nor does Hess who I feel both are possible scum.

Nyn also has perfect placement on Dumdie's train and she seems to be more on the defensive this game rather than scum hunting. I have seen her ignore things in the past and move back to scum hunting but I have not seen that this game. Maybe Nyn more on the defensive is a scum tell for her.

Unvote 80

Vote Dumdie

Again with the preemptive shifting of blame. “I can’t base a case on that but others seem so sure he’s scum”. Then emphasizes that his other targets are still only “possible” scum. Then throws shade on Nyn for being on the train, and at the end of it throws his hands up and still votes Ape.

17 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I was trying to vote Ape to L-2 for his reveal..... turns out hess was thinking the same and it turned into a lynch  sh*t happens. I was looking at Nyn from my perspective at the time since she was wrapped up with others defending herself it seemed opportunistic she voted for Dumbo

Now only did it for the reveal, has to make sure Hess gets brought into too, and still throwing shade on Nyn.

16 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Not going to explain it for the 3rd time .... I told you what I was thinking at the time . There is a difference between voting  L-3 and voting L-2

I wanted to push a reveal from Ape . I see what you are getting at so all I can do is explain if you don't believe what Im saying then do what you have to do.

Not willing to discuss the shadiness any further, says do what you’ve gotta do.

Ok.

Vote Smash

• Upvote 2

Im sorry I'm a bit passive but im not feeling great. 

Also got a super long day tomorrow with a pointless meeting at fricking 8 pm so I will try to keep current when im not on the wheel but it's prolly gonna be the best I can manage, if that.

I actually had Smash as the investigator and voted him early one day to see if people might construct flimsy cases and pile on.  His antics last night were highly questionable but I can't help but think an evil smash wouldn't be so sloppy there.

I will go back to the guy who continues to elude his demise despite spurious reasoning.

Vote Drums