HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I don't see DPR as scummy. Hess and Jif are questionable and I've been poking at them, Jif since D1 and Hess quite a bit yesterday. I still don't trust Jif or Hess. They've been pretty set on me for a while though, Jif especially. Not much I can do but play my game. 

so this has nothing to do with you anticipating dandie becoming your counter wagon? Cause I gotta say your reasoning comes across rather weak.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think someone is moving votes as I wasn’t on the final VC for Stark when I was voting him. Or just mod accidents which happen. ❤️ U mods

21 hours ago, HessStation said:

Unvote vote JiF

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

Unvote Stark 

Those were your last two unvotes/votes of D2.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

so this has nothing to do with you anticipating dandie becoming your counter wagon? Cause I gotta say your reasoning comes across rather weak.

There are plenty of people competing for that spot right now if you haven't noticed. I could have gone after CTM instead, for example. 

49 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Relevant tidbits from CTM's ISO

- talk about self hammer to avoid pac's hammer mummbo jumbo deal. Pretty null overall though I recall not being a huge fan att.
- hints that he has a none consequential slot when asked to reveal. Gets some crap for not willing to reveal or him asking the mod if it counts as a reveal. This was mostly nonsense imo. 
- Nolder nudges him some about the end of his reveal.
- Gets nudged a bit by DPR
- votes me irt my stance that idgaf who dandie is. Seemed like a load of crap to me. He soon backtracked from it.
- says he's suss of DPR
- unvotes me and votes Barry, while waving away dandie's train as insignificant.
- foses JC
- some back and forth with Barry irt dandie.
- unvotes votes DPR
- says he feels drums is a disinterested townie
- defends drums to AJ. Was kinda weird.
- 20 mins later AJ quotes a post of drums from Red Dawn and CTM votes drums. Pretty disgusting stuff.
- When Hess and 80 vote stark he quotes them both and foses 80 for following Hess' "omgus vote". votes 80.
- When conversing with Crusher he says he'll vote either 80 or DPR.
- Reasons for sussing DPR: past games, wanting ctm to reveal when he was at L-2, going after dandie. Kinda gross.
- eggs pac on when he foses AJ for his woe me this game is awful post. Feels like sideline nudges. Not a great look. Especially since he never actively goes after him himself.
- nudge at smash lurking
- gives a read list. pac town. feels better about DPR, worse about JC. AJ waffly. good on Arsis. 80 scum (says his vote on Stark is the scummiest thing he's seen).
- says he'll consolidate if need be cause of DL. Says he sees Stark is the vote leader but he's not sure why and says nothing he did was note worthy.
- willing to lynch 80, JC or JiF (first time he mentions him that I can see. Says he's not towntelling).
- about 10 hours later shows up saying he iso'd Stark. verdict is null. says he doesn't know why people are voting him. This might be the only time he actually metioned isoing a player, unless I missed it in my reread.
- votes JC after Stark's claim but says he's around to move his vote if need be. atp the competing trains are AJ vs JC.
- refers to Stark's claim, saying it's a bit tough to swallow and if someone who is familiar with the theme can elaborate.
- After JC's demise he says 80 and DPR look good. As well as Hess. for voting him even though they believed he was a bomb.
- When JiF questions Stark's claim, CTM says it fits with the content and that he wasn't comfortable lynching him near DL but on D2 it should be discussed.
- After the refrigerator deal gives a new read list. Feels bad about 80 surrounding Stark's lynch (???). feels better about JiF and drums. Worse about Nolder. Hess pings. Arsis townie.
- as he continues his catch up he says he likes drums, arsis, jif and aj for town. Smash null. top 3 for scum - nol, hess and 80.
- defends dpr as town vs dandie.
- questions DPR's claim that stark's claim is bull. suggests the failed attemped kill on N1 could have been on stark.
- starts to go back on his read on DPR a little bit. Says he's not willing to lynch a PR.
- says the whole dpr deal feels more like scum gambit then town play.
- questions Arsis on how DPR knew he was involved.
- he says he's leaning towards trusting DPR but doesn't actually cast a vote cause he think DPR believes what he says but isn't sure if it's actually true. Stark is at L-4 at this point.
- about 8 hours later once DPR says he knows for sure Stark lied in his claim, he votes him.
- says the questioning of the reveal could come from scum or town. but says 80 is the one that looks the least genuine.
- foses hess. eggs on barry to go after him (feels a bit sideliney again).
- foses 80 and says he doesn't get why stark was a scum read for 80 to begin with.
- votes 80. says hess should be next.

Take away from this.

vote on me was bogus but early on. Otherwise he pretty much stayed clear of me (even though he doesn't offer a read on me going forward).

his 180 on drums and then back is weird. I didn't really get why he suddenly went back to town reading him. Though the reason he had for voting him wasn't really that good either.

there's a lot of flipfloping on hess and 80 too. I mean I can get developing reads but it's a bit convoluted. He started off not loving 80, then after JC got lynched he thought 80 and Hess looked good considering, then reverted to them being his top scum leans, along with Nolder's slot. And given Stark's flip this seems a bit odd to me. ie I would have expected him to factor it all in and I don't quite get where he's coming from.

He acts several times in ways to soft defend Stark. If by throwing around comments on how he doesn't get why that train even exists, fosing 80 for voting him for no real reason. eluding that stark was possibly the failed kill target N1, questioning his claim but at the same time not actively going there until DPR basically left him no choice. ie at that point it was a thunderdome between DPR and Stark.

He also has hardly no game related interaction with some players. Like dandie for instance, who he does defend at some point but doesn't actually try to actively resolve that I've seen. Pac and JiF he just writes off as town but I don't really see him digging into them. Same with me really. Same with Crusher on D1. Might be him avoiding the headache and wanting to get rid of that nuisance via NAs.

Honestly if he doesn't get his act together he can swing as far as I'm concerned. Cause the above doesn't look good.

Not really a fan of these curated iso's with no quotes and colored interpretations it allows you to refframe what happenned by your own interpretation, but whatever, you put in the work.

Drums  - solid casing on Nolder, i was seeing lot of same things. Plus he was using a google doc or something in the game I modded and I remembered being immpressed as it was his first or second game. Also as you said my reason for voting him wasn't great but more about him uisng the same line in a recent scum game that i didn't even play. It was day 1 i think lol

Nyn - you pinged early and lately we've been seeing the game similarly, i have a town lean on you

80 / hess - My only flip flop on them was that i thought them voting JC rang townie as I don't think scum would've risked themselves against a bomb claim. However, 80 and you I believe said that only the hammer vote was dangerous. So if 80 thought only hammer was risky, that removes my rational for giving him town cred..

Stark - yep didn't get the case on him day 1. Still don't. Don't understand how 80 is using it as a rational for not even questioning DPR's sloppy reveal. And think 80's hmm vote of Stark after Hess's OMGUS vote was garbage. 80 loves to bus as scum.

Pac/Jif come off as town to me it's gut feeling and I said several times that Jif's reaction to stark and dpr seemed genuine. Both of those  girls town tell heavily for me, not sure what else to say I've been playing with them for a decade.

-Please do 80 next if you are feeling motivated. 

Official Vote Count:

Drums (3) - Hess, JIF, Pac

CTM (2) - 80 , AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Dandie (2) - DPR, Drums

DPR (1) - Dandie

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Arsis said:

This is going to seem personal but has dice actually done anything this game besides accuse me of cheating on dragon mount 10 years ago and getting really mad when it wasn't true?

Nope that’s the cliff notes. He also got angry I referred to him as non existent (w meta from other game) and some other stuff in a post once 

1 minute ago, Arsis said:

This is going to seem personal but has dice actually done anything this game besides accuse me of cheating on dragon mount 10 years ago and getting really mad when it wasn't true?

ahh Farceis...  Just the man I want to see.

You've carried on about an exchange of goods and someone needing your assistance.

What assurances have you been given that the person who "needed your help" has pure intentions?  Without naming said person, do you know who they are?

I'll appreciate a prompt reply.

Just now, Pac said:

ahh Farceis...  Just the man I want to see.

You've carried on about an exchange of goods and someone needing your assistance.

What assurances have you been given that the person who "needed your help" has pure intentions?  Without naming said person, do you know who they are?

I'll appreciate a prompt reply.

I don't know what you're asking.

Do I know the character name? Yes.

Do I know who is playing that character is in game? No

Just now, Arsis said:

I don't know what you're asking.

Do I know the character name? Yes.

Do I know who is playing that character is in game? No

SIR!

My query was a simple one.  Have you been give any assurances the man you assisted is virtuous in nature?

• Sympathy 1

No clue until we lynch Stark and find out. 

Here you are acting like you're voting for him but you're not

I believe you

Above you are saying you believe DPR about his claim on Stark yet... no vote. 

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

Not really a fan of these curated iso's with no quotes and colored interpretations it allows you to refframe what happenned by your own interpretation, but whatever, you put in the work.

Drums  - solid casing on Nolder, i was seeing lot of same things. Plus he was using a google doc or something in the game I modded and I remembered being immpressed as it was his first or second game. Also as you said my reason for voting him wasn't great but more about him uisng the same line in a recent scum game that i didn't even play. It was day 1 i think lol

Nyn - you pinged early and lately we've been seeing the game similarly, i have a town lean on you

80 / hess - My only flip flop on them was that i thought them voting JC rang townie as I don't think scum would've risked themselves against a bomb claim. However, 80 and you I believe said that only the hammer vote was dangerous. So if 80 thought only hammer was risky, that removes my rational for giving him town cred..

Stark - yep didn't get the case on him day 1. Still don't. Don't understand how 80 is using it as a rational for not even questioning DPR's sloppy reveal. And think 80's hmm vote of Stark after Hess's OMGUS vote was garbage. 80 loves to bus as scum.

Pac/Jif come off as town to me it's gut feeling and I said several times that Jif's reaction to stark and dpr seemed genuine. Both of those  girls town tell heavily for me, not sure what else to say I've been playing with them for a decade.

-Please do 80 next if you are feeling motivated. 

Yeah, JiF/CTM/Pac town reading is scary but I am in this boat as well, dont even see the case on you over some D1 sh*t, a lot better cases out there and terrible play to analyze IMO

Have you noticed how disgusting and hypocritical Dandie has been playing?   I cant get past the "pragmatic approach" while defending scum while coming out voting DPR.  Total contradiction.  I'd be down to kill him.   Drums has actually been defending/playing well here.  Him reading Dandie is strong.

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Here you are acting like you're voting for him but you're not

Above you are saying you believe DPR about his claim on Stark yet... no vote. 

Please don’t embarrass yourself. As if I was hiding not voting him the entire time i was screaming to lynch him. I made a mistake by typing UNVOTE obviously. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dandie had 1 vote on him...

I said anticipating.

DPR pushed the lynch through the last phase. Also Dandie was already run up once. 

I just think his choice of a vote is very odd. He's voting someone who has him in his top three but not voting him atm.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, JiF/CTM/Pac town reading is scary but I am in this boat as well, dont even see the case on you over some D1 sh*t, a lot better cases out there and terrible play to analyze IMO

Have you noticed how disgusting and hypocritical Dandie has been playing?   I cant get past the "pragmatic approach" while defending scum while coming out voting DPR.  Total contradiction.  I'd be down to kill him.   Drums has actually been defending/playing well here.  Him reading Dandie is strong.

I really don't think it's any better than other things I've said here and you've trashed most of what I've said so I don't like this.

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Relevant tidbits from CTM's ISO

- talk about self hammer to avoid pac's hammer mummbo jumbo deal. Pretty null overall though I recall not being a huge fan att.
- hints that he has a none consequential slot when asked to reveal. Gets some crap for not willing to reveal or him asking the mod if it counts as a reveal. This was mostly nonsense imo. 
- Nolder nudges him some about the end of his reveal.
- Gets nudged a bit by DPR
- votes me irt my stance that idgaf who dandie is. Seemed like a load of crap to me. He soon backtracked from it.
- says he's suss of DPR
- unvotes me and votes Barry, while waving away dandie's train as insignificant.
- foses JC
- some back and forth with Barry irt dandie.
- unvotes votes DPR
- says he feels drums is a disinterested townie
- defends drums to AJ. Was kinda weird.
- 20 mins later AJ quotes a post of drums from Red Dawn and CTM votes drums. Pretty disgusting stuff.
- When Hess and 80 vote stark he quotes them both and foses 80 for following Hess' "omgus vote". votes 80.
- When conversing with Crusher he says he'll vote either 80 or DPR.
- Reasons for sussing DPR: past games, wanting ctm to reveal when he was at L-2, going after dandie. Kinda gross.
- eggs pac on when he foses AJ for his woe me this game is awful post. Feels like sideline nudges. Not a great look. Especially since he never actively goes after him himself.
- nudge at smash lurking
- gives a read list. pac town. feels better about DPR, worse about JC. AJ waffly. good on Arsis. 80 scum (says his vote on Stark is the scummiest thing he's seen).
- says he'll consolidate if need be cause of DL. Says he sees Stark is the vote leader but he's not sure why and says nothing he did was note worthy.
- willing to lynch 80, JC or JiF (first time he mentions him that I can see. Says he's not towntelling).
- about 10 hours later shows up saying he iso'd Stark. verdict is null. says he doesn't know why people are voting him. This might be the only time he actually metioned isoing a player, unless I missed it in my reread.
- votes JC after Stark's claim but says he's around to move his vote if need be. atp the competing trains are AJ vs JC.
- refers to Stark's claim, saying it's a bit tough to swallow and if someone who is familiar with the theme can elaborate.
- After JC's demise he says 80 and DPR look good. As well as Hess. for voting him even though they believed he was a bomb.
- When JiF questions Stark's claim, CTM says it fits with the content and that he wasn't comfortable lynching him near DL but on D2 it should be discussed.
- After the refrigerator deal gives a new read list. Feels bad about 80 surrounding Stark's lynch (???). feels better about JiF and drums. Worse about Nolder. Hess pings. Arsis townie.
- as he continues his catch up he says he likes drums, arsis, jif and aj for town. Smash null. top 3 for scum - nol, hess and 80.
- defends dpr as town vs dandie.
- questions DPR's claim that stark's claim is bull. suggests the failed attemped kill on N1 could have been on stark.
- starts to go back on his read on DPR a little bit. Says he's not willing to lynch a PR.
- says the whole dpr deal feels more like scum gambit then town play.
- questions Arsis on how DPR knew he was involved.
- he says he's leaning towards trusting DPR but doesn't actually cast a vote cause he think DPR believes what he says but isn't sure if it's actually true. Stark is at L-4 at this point.
- about 8 hours later once DPR says he knows for sure Stark lied in his claim, he votes him.
- says the questioning of the reveal could come from scum or town. but says 80 is the one that looks the least genuine.
- foses hess. eggs on barry to go after him (feels a bit sideliney again).
- foses 80 and says he doesn't get why stark was a scum read for 80 to begin with.
- votes 80. says hess should be next.

Take away from this.

vote on me was bogus but early on. Otherwise he pretty much stayed clear of me (even though he doesn't offer a read on me going forward).

his 180 on drums and then back is weird. I didn't really get why he suddenly went back to town reading him. Though the reason he had for voting him wasn't really that good either.

there's a lot of flipfloping on hess and 80 too. I mean I can get developing reads but it's a bit convoluted. He started off not loving 80, then after JC got lynched he thought 80 and Hess looked good considering, then reverted to them being his top scum leans, along with Nolder's slot. And given Stark's flip this seems a bit odd to me. ie I would have expected him to factor it all in and I don't quite get where he's coming from.

He acts several times in ways to soft defend Stark. If by throwing around comments on how he doesn't get why that train even exists, fosing 80 for voting him for no real reason. eluding that stark was possibly the failed kill target N1, questioning his claim but at the same time not actively going there until DPR basically left him no choice. ie at that point it was a thunderdome between DPR and Stark.

He also has hardly no game related interaction with some players. Like dandie for instance, who he does defend at some point but doesn't actually try to actively resolve that I've seen. Pac and JiF he just writes off as town but I don't really see him digging into them. Same with me really. Same with Crusher on D1. Might be him avoiding the headache and wanting to get rid of that nuisance via NAs.

Honestly if he doesn't get his act together he can swing as far as I'm concerned. Cause the above doesn't look good.

thinking GIF

While your methods are rather elementary...  I am not inclined to dismiss your conclusions.