HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

Just now, A.J. said:

Actually have work to do at my job tonight so I’ll be in and out throughout posting thoughts on different players 

AVM is another person I am wary of, been feeling that since D1 and it keeps resurfacing.

Smash has good tone and is pretty amusing, got good vibes from him bitch slapping Hess around late yesterday even though his votes D1 don’t look great in hindsight.

OMG as if

• Haha 2

Official Vote Count:

Drums (2) - Pac, JIF

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Dandie (2) - DPR, Drums

DPR (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - Hess

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

It’s weird, all the things you’re saying I’m doing are basically the things you’re doing. There’s a word for that. It’s not a noble behavior or tactic, so I can only conclude you’re scum.

Conclude subbing out ?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CTM said:

My initial thought was that it was some kind of idiot trap and I was waiting to see what idiot plan was afoot. Honestly can't fathom any sensible reason to vote DPR.

I barely participated on D1. I cane in, gave 1 real read (drums) after my initial read, and had a could other people I sussed. 

Im not even sure if all the events that have transpired, so I’m kind of approaching the game with a ‘use my lack of details as bait’ tips of strategy, yes. There is intent in my actions.

Idiotic? Whatever. Have you seen the rest of the game play? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CTM said:

1) Hammering JC when jc had basically claimed bomb and was threatening to detonate at DPR. If he's scum he has to figure JC is being truthful and going to lose his vest

2) Him having some kind of role that let him know Stark was guilty and leading his lynch, albeit very clumsily. Stark would not have been lynched yesterday without DPR, even Jif, his most vocal critic, had moved on.

For DPR to be scum he'd have had to volunteer to have his vest blown off, knowing it was going to happen when it would've been way easier just to leave the thread AND he'd have to have lead a lynch against a teammate on day 2 for little reason.

To think DPR laid 2 gambits by day 3,sacrificing his vest and a teammate seems a little absurd at this point. If he's still slurring his words at us on day 5/6 i might be more inclined to put the tin foil hat on but not now

This is helpful. There details here I didn’t even realize happened. Is it D3? 

15 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Actually have work to do at my job tonight so I’ll be in and out throughout posting thoughts on different players 

AVM is another person I am wary of, been feeling that since D1 and it keeps resurfacing.

Smash has good tone and is pretty amusing, got good vibes from him bitch slapping Hess around late yesterday even though his votes D1 don’t look great in hindsight.

what about dice?

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

what about dice?

Need to read back on him. I know he made some reads earlier but I can’t recall them off the top. I get the angle he was working from regarding me / Arsis but now that it’s been cleared up I want to know where he is on stuff. Not a scum lean but can’t consider him Town either 

12 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Won’t be voting Pac or DPR. I have JiF as Town as well. Hess is too all over the place for me to really place. Voting record is too sporadic to say if it’s good or bad since he votes basically the entire game off and on whichever way the wind blows. Stark was scum reading Hess but, grain of salt, he left that read easy to lump onto Pac and then later onto me as D1 was peaking.

CTM I think is deserving of some pressure here. Tone is fine mostly and nothing is really “wrong” with what he says but I think his reaction to 80 after D3 started was bad. 80 reads genuine to me despite his bus heavy meta so maybe this just Town / Town violence but I’m content to let it unfold for now in hopes I can pin down better reads on both.

Barry is a good vote today. D1 he broke a tie between Stark / JC wagons early, if I remember that right, when he flipped his read on JC from top town to #1 scum. His call outs yesterday during the catch up posts felt more like he was reaching to throw mud on anything and everything.

Drums I feel somewhat the same about. TBH my read there is muddy from the D1 AtE when I was putting pressure on him so probably not the best to judge.

With you and Pac and DPR. If Pac is who he’s hinting at he’s definitely not 7th Kavalry. Possible he’s a SK or on another scum team but 1) a post restriction like would likely draw too much attention, as would Pac doing it on his own if he’s not town and 2) the scene from N1 leads me to believe the second shooter was a vig.

DPR’s actions don’t make much sense as scum either, as laid out a few times already.

Re: CTM/80 I want to go back and ISO both of them. That should also provide some clarity for me on Nyn, who I’m leaning town on for the work but want to see if there was any spin there; CTM raised a fair point that her case didn’t have any quotes. Also, I remember CTM saying the JC lynch looked good for 80, curious whether he still thinks that’s the case?

Agree with you on Barry, don’t agree on Drums. Slow start but I’m feeling better about him after the last couple of days.

Aside from who you mentioned, AVM’s vote on DPR yesterday was so strange I think I’m leaning town on it. Stuck out like a sore thumb, and I think AVMs savvy enough after last game to avoid drawing that kind of attention to himself.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, CTM said:

1) Hammering JC when jc had basically claimed bomb and was threatening to detonate at DPR. If he's scum he has to figure JC is being truthful and going to lose his vest

2) Him having some kind of role that let him know Stark was guilty and leading his lynch, albeit very clumsily. Stark would not have been lynched yesterday without DPR, even Jif, his most vocal critic, had moved on.

For DPR to be scum he'd have had to volunteer to have his vest blown off, knowing it was going to happen when it would've been way easier just to leave the thread AND he'd have to have lead a lynch against a teammate on day 2 for little reason.

To think DPR laid 2 gambits by day 3,sacrificing his vest and a teammate seems a little absurd at this point. If he's still slurring his words at us on day 5/6 i might be more inclined to put the tin foil hat on but not now

• Basically agree w/quoted post - if DPR isn't town then bravo for being a beautiful psychopath.
  • AJ is most likely town w/reveal and his play so far.
  • Hess actually played today and for the first time ever I think he's town. Might follow him onto my train.
  • 80 for the first time ever I think may be town so he's probably scum.
  • Arsis seems town 
  • JiF I have no idea how to read except he's a douche.
  • Pac is Pac except a more funny and active version - no clue.
  • Dandie - ****ed if I know - how he decided DPR was a good vote is beyond me but why would scum do that?
  • CTM, jville, smash, dice - null
  • Starting to think nyn could be a little scorpion scum
  • would be suprised if drums is not scum. 

If I make drums the leading train it will look scummy 

vote drums

well my computer just decided to crash after an hour of summing up 80's iso and getting till around page 5 out of his 7 pages.

I'm not gonna start over cause **** that.

main insights though:

There is a ton of defending of players on D1 without any basis that I could see. Wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't for how many times he does it and with a certainty that bothers me. There was also a part where he was voting according to PoE of the three leading trains vs looking at everyone which seemed kinda narrow minded (I think he was voting CTM). So questionable but not really much to it beyond that.

With that said, I don't think him going after Stark was an attempt to bus. He did start off on Stark, but he peeled off and moved to AJ. He went back to Stark only after AJ claimed at L-2. And then peeled off Stark and moved to JC after stark claimed. 

If the purpose was to bus then he would have bussed the hell out of stark. He wouldn't jump to AJ or later jump to JC. Or go through that fake reveal if the purpose was to sacrifice Stark and make himself look good. Even if the claim was part of their mutual plan, he should have torn down stark's claim and come out of it looking golden. Otherwise it could have been distancing but it feels like there wouldn't have been that much reward to it without stark actually getting lynched...

I will say however that on D2 his initial stance was that Stark might be truthful and wanted to wait for Stark to show and explain his role further before passing judgement. 40 mins later though after JiF and Hess voted Stark, he decided to just roll with it and join his train. Question is if it was because he was convinced stark was fibbing at that point or because the train was building.

A lot of his decisions are in unison with JiF and Hess.

I wouldn't mind seeing him die cause that's always fun but overall i didn't find something conclusive.

• Upvote 3

Official Vote Count:

Drums (4) - Pac, JIF, Barry, Hess

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Dandie (3) - DPR, Drums, Arsis

DPR (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - Hess

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

29 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

With you and Pac and DPR. If Pac is who he’s hinting at he’s definitely not 7th Kavalry. Possible he’s a SK or on another scum team but 1) a post restriction like would likely draw too much attention, as would Pac doing it on his own if he’s not town and 2) the scene from N1 leads me to believe the second shooter was a vig.

DPR’s actions don’t make much sense as scum either, as laid out a few times already.

Re: CTM/80 I want to go back and ISO both of them. That should also provide some clarity for me on Nyn, who I’m leaning town on for the work but want to see if there was any spin there; CTM raised a fair point that her case didn’t have any quotes. Also, I remember CTM saying the JC lynch looked good for 80, curious whether he still thinks that’s the case?

Agree with you on Barry, don’t agree on Drums. Slow start but I’m feeling better about him after the last couple of days.

Aside from who you mentioned, AVM’s vote on DPR yesterday was so strange I think I’m leaning town on it. Stuck out like a sore thumb, and I think AVMs savvy enough after last game to avoid drawing that kind of attention to himself.

I don't do ISOs with quotes. Never have and never will.

14 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I don't do ISOs with quotes. Never have and never will.

I don’t think I’ve seen you do ISOs really ever... but you die pretty early usually so maybe that’s why ? 

Just now, A.J. said:

I don’t think I’ve seen you do ISOs really ever... but you die pretty early usually so maybe that’s why ? 

Well I did them a lot more on DM. Here I stopped doing partly cause there was no option to ISO and partly cause I was too busy and couldn't give a ****. Had some spare time today and the function is back so I gave it a go. A bit rusty but it did help so.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

This DPR is a troglodyte wearing a smoking jacket professing to be some kind of arbiter of truth.

I've chosen to ignore his recommendations as nothing more than the ramblings of a mad man.  Succumbing to his direction will result in the elimination of all that the town holds dear.

View him as nothing more than a mascot.

You on the other hand are a viable candidate to be thrown into the proverbial volcano if the need arises.

1*fD4yIcSePUd61wRdNVTwkA.gif

• Haha 1