HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Won’t be voting Pac or DPR. I have JiF as Town as well. Hess is too all over the place for me to really place. Voting record is too sporadic to say if it’s good or bad since he votes basically the entire game off and on whichever way the wind blows. Stark was scum reading Hess but, grain of salt, he left that read easy to lump onto Pac and then later onto me as D1 was peaking.

CTM I think is deserving of some pressure here. Tone is fine mostly and nothing is really “wrong” with what he says but I think his reaction to 80 after D3 started was bad. 80 reads genuine to me despite his bus heavy meta so maybe this just Town / Town violence but I’m content to let it unfold for now in hopes I can pin down better reads on both.

Barry is a good vote today. D1 he broke a tie between Stark / JC wagons early, if I remember that right, when he flipped his read on JC from top town to #1 scum. His call outs yesterday during the catch up posts felt more like he was reaching to throw mud on anything and everything.

Drums I feel somewhat the same about. TBH my read there is muddy from the D1 AtE when I was putting pressure on him so probably not the best to judge.

We're seeing the game in a similar way.  On Barry especially.  His reasoning for voting JC on that 180 flip he did read like scum in a rush to get to night.

1 hour ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Vote dpr

*tells self*

Dont get behind the Corey. Dont get behind the Corey. Stop trusting your instincts because they’re garbage and don’t get behind the Corey.

Official Vote Count:

Drums (5) - Pac, JIF, Barry, Hess, Nyn

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Dandie (3) - DPR, Drums, Arsis

DPR (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - Hess

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

53 minutes ago, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

Drums (4) - Pac, JIF, Barry, Hess

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

DPR (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - Hess

My vote is on drums

• Upvote 1

Official Vote Count:

Drums (6) - Pac, JIF, Barry, Hess, Drums, Nyn

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Barry (1) - Hess

1 hour ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Vote drums

only true read I’ve made

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:
  • Basically agree w/quoted post - if DPR isn't town then bravo for being a beautiful psychopath.
  • AJ is most likely town w/reveal and his play so far.
  • Hess actually played today and for the first time ever I think he's town. Might follow him onto my train.
  • 80 for the first time ever I think may be town so he's probably scum.
  • Arsis seems town 
  • JiF I have no idea how to read except he's a douche.
  • Pac is Pac except a more funny and active version - no clue.
  • Dandie - ****ed if I know - how he decided DPR was a good vote is beyond me but why would scum do that?
  • CTM, jville, smash, dice - null
  • Starting to think nyn could be a little scorpion scum
  • would be suprised if drums is not scum. 

If I make drums the leading train it will look scummy 

vote drums

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Unvote vote Drums 

57 minutes ago, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

Drums (4) - Pac, JIF, Barry, Hess

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

DPR (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - Hess

My vote should be third on drums, after Jif and before Barry.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

step brothers yep GIF

DPR made me question my read so I looked at it through the lens he described. And as I was re-reading I saw he posted what was the scummiest sh*t I've seen all game.

I could go JC or Stark so I like those trains.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:56 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

I can't hate on this too much.  I can't read JC for sh*t so it's easy to see how someone can go from "strongest town read" to voting him in 5 minutes, lol.  

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're seeing the game in a similar way.  On Barry especially.  His reasoning for voting JC on that 180 flip he did read like scum in a rush to get to night.

Not liking the 180 is reasonable but you seem to have done quite the 180 yourself.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not liking the 180 is reasonable but you seem to have done quite the 180 yourself.

This was before we got flips on JC and Stark.  Your 180 looks a lot worse in that context.  And it wasn't your only transgression, so the evidence has built on you being a good scum candidate.

11 minutes ago, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

Drums (6) - Pac, JIF, Barry, Hess, Drums, Nyn

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Barry (1) - Hess

Is Drums self vote correct? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This was before we got flips on JC and Stark.  Your 180 looks a lot worse in that context.  And it wasn't your only transgression, so the evidence has built on you being a good scum candidate.

I looked at his posts some and he did a 180 on drums too so that might be interesting pending on drums' flip.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK Ape.

Everything you’re posting wanders into that ‘here’s a theory... “ territory.

its not game solving in nature, it’s more like you’re seeding ideas that serve to distract and create messes. It’s possible you’d do this as a bad townie, and I wouldn’t dismiss it. That’s said, a few times is incidental. The consistent generation of new seeds feels more deliberate this game.

As far as me being Ape, whatever. You and DPR keep going to that well too and it’s irrelevant. 

23 minutes ago, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

Drums (6) - Pac, JIF, Dandie, Barry, Hess, Nyn

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Barry (1) - Hess

This should be correct. I changed it.

• Upvote 1

Official Vote Count:

Drums (6) - Pac, JIF, Dandie, Barry, Hess, Nyn

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

Barry (1) - Hess

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

After Stark’s reveal I unvoted him and went to Nol i think and then voted Stark again thinking we only had 3 min left to DL and didn’t want random....Barry downvoted me which was weird and stuck out to me 

Important question. Did you tabulate the down vote and write about it in your diary, like Bridget Jif Jones

• Thumb Down 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

If we’re doing too 3, I’m not sure I can oblige. I am triangulating amongs Jif, drums and 80. I can’t put my finger in it, but there has been enough maneuvering amongst them that I’d assume maybe one is wolf and the others are patsy villagers.

Bumping for my own re-eval purposes. When I suggested pause for stark, I want to say someone treated me like they knew it would later look bad for me. Like a scum mate. Scum mates know to call that buff - town consider options - and I’d hope if the real Cal was trying not to get outed, that they’d stay quiet, so I don’t believe real Cal would have been on me in this spot. Scum would though, for setting up future lynch purposes. 

8 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Everything you’re posting wanders into that ‘here’s a theory... “ territory.

its not game solving in nature, it’s more like you’re seeding ideas that serve to distract and create messes. It’s possible you’d do this as a bad townie, and I wouldn’t dismiss it. That’s said, a few times is incidental. The consistent generation of new seeds feels more deliberate this game.

As far as me being Ape, whatever. You and DPR keep going to that well too and it’s irrelevant. 

I'd be cool with someone else trying to lay this criticism on me.  It falls on deaf ears when it comes from you, who has suggested DPR and Stark actually planned a gambit together.  You lose any and all credibility by suggesting that is a possibility.  You would have been better served suggesting they were on competing factions.

And I disagree that the Ape deal is completely irrelevant.  It was funny for a while and I'm sure a nice little piece of entertainment for Crusher.  At this stage of the game its just served as a way for you to gain some cover while basically posting under an "alt". 

18 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Important question. Did you tabulate the down vote and write about it in your diary, like Bridget Jif Jones

Did you request a sub yet?

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

FTR, what will look worse if he flips scum or town?

I didn't have a chance to look at it fully but it looked on the surface that you peeled off when he was gaining votes so imo scum.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd be cool with someone else trying to lay this criticism on me.  It falls on deaf ears when it comes from you, who has suggested DPR and Stark actually planned a gambit together.  You lose any and all credibility by suggesting that is a possibility.  You would have been better served suggesting they were on competing factions.

And I disagree that the Ape deal is completely irrelevant.  It was funny for a while and I'm sure a nice little piece of entertainment for Crusher.  At this stage of the game its just served as a way for you to gain some cover while basically posting under an "alt". 

Hmm. First part is a form of false equivocation. what about-ism, sorta. Just because I questioned a tie between dpr and stark, does not mean what I’m saying about you seeding one bad theory after another is not true.

Ape: Explain to me how I’m ‘gaining cover’? When available, I’m as active as anyone. I am making clear cut statements, maybe wrong ones, but there’s little room for them to be misleading. Innamed my suspects, and since then a few people having been flailing trying to find a way to drum up a train on me. I think this whole thing about my identity (which should be obvious) is a distraction, and a way of using my secret identity as a way of building the narrative that I’m scum gaining cover. Since my play hasn’t allowed scum yo mislynch me.

I’ll vote you or drims today.

• Upvote 1