HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

@A.J.   i just say ure answer to nyn

@DPR  weith the exception that im tossing up Dandie. My problem stems from not knowing for sure who is the player. I THINK  75%ish that its cory. But every now and then he posts uncory like stuff.

What im tossing up is whether his vote on you   the original one today is reverse psychology.  Right now you have to be considered the clearesty player in the game    someone even said   think it was nyn maybe  something along the lines of why would scum vote you considering that fact.

Im thinking that might be eXACTLY what happened and exactly WHY it was done.

It doesnt help that I just cant get a handle on Drums.  

13 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not sure how I feel irt Dandie but pushing DPR, considering everything, seems like a really bad idea from a scum pov that actually wants to achieve a mislynch so... lol

ok so i was right it was nyn

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:
  • Basically agree w/quoted post - if DPR isn't town then bravo for being a beautiful psychopath.
  • AJ is most likely town w/reveal and his play so far.
  • Hess actually played today and for the first time ever I think he's town. Might follow him onto my train.
  • 80 for the first time ever I think may be town so he's probably scum.
  • Arsis seems town 
  • JiF I have no idea how to read except he's a douche.
  • Pac is Pac except a more funny and active version - no clue.
  • Dandie - ****ed if I know - how he decided DPR was a good vote is beyond me but why would scum do that?
  • CTM, jville, smash, dice - null
  • Starting to think nyn could be a little scorpion scum
  • would be suprised if drums is not scum. 

If I make drums the leading train it will look scummy 

vote drums

This just seems like busy work. It says nothing really.

10 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Hmm. First part is a form of false equivocation. what about-ism, sorta. Just because I questioned a tie between dpr and stark, does not mean what I’m saying about you seeding one bad theory after another is not true.

Ape: Explain to me how I’m ‘gaining cover’? When available, I’m as active as anyone. I am making clear cut statements, maybe wrong ones, but there’s little room for them to be misleading. Innamed my suspects, and since then a few people having been flailing trying to find a way to drum up a train on me. I think this whole thing about my identity (which should be obvious) is a distraction, and a way of using my secret identity as a way of building the narrative that I’m scum gaining cover. Since my play hasn’t allowed scum yo mislynch me.

I’ll vote you or drims today.

Ok obvious is it?  then i say your Cory.

Vote Dandie

3 hours ago, A.J. said:

Dandie would be resorting to trash level derp clear gambit if he’s lying about not knowing the details of DPR’s actions this game.

Not lying. I’ve skimmed like never before.

More importantly... Wouldn’t it only be a gambit if we’re both scum?

@Dicetosser and @Nynaeve a couple things:

1. Why does it matter who I am? Evaluate my content and maneuvers, don’t be desperate for meta.

2. Details. I’m being very lazy. I confess, I didn’t know it was D3 and all the details. I’m trying to stay on top of it more now. So, the WIFOM becomes would scum over-reach without details and put a target in his back? Or, is it just dumb lazy town play, causing an unintended focus away from true scum hunting?

This is on me. I get it. I’m not subbing out, already discussed with SMC. I’m having fun here. I’ll just try harder to stay with the pace.

• Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Vote Dandie

See, it’s weird. You’re notes are actually picking up on some good things. Like Barrys play... but, you vote me because I won’t confirm if I’m Cory, Ape, or any of the other zillion pimple poppers on DM.

Scum hunt.

This looks like opportunism.

2 things

- too much "town clearing" going on based on feels and ISO whatever the **** that is.  It's a dangerous strategy that really gets us nowhere.

- dice hasnt provided a single game related post; completely fixated on out of game content. Is Arsis from DM and now is Dandie, Ape and he's actually voting him for that rationale and not the fact that Dandie might be the scummiest player in the game.

I'm almost tempted to pivot.  I like Dandie vs. Drums but maybe it should be Dandie vs. Dice.

10 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

1. Why does it matter who I am? Evaluate my content and maneuvers, don’t be desperate for meta.

2. Details. I’m being very lazy. I confess, I didn’t know it was D3 and all the details. I’m trying to stay on top of it more now. So, the WIFOM becomes would scum over-reach without details and put a target in his back? Or, is it just dumb lazy town play, causing an unintended focus away from true scum hunting?

This is on me. I get it. I’m not subbing out, already discussed with SMC. I’m having fun here. I’ll just try harder to stay with the pace.

Its mattering to me because im considering something a bit odd and trying to judge if the person doing it would do that. Not knowing makes that really hard.

7 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

See, it’s weird. You’re notes are actually picking up on some good things. Like Barrys play... but, you vote me because I won’t confirm if I’m Cory, Ape, or any of the other zillion pimple poppers on DM.

Scum hunt.

This looks like opportunism.

I didnt vote you because you wont confirm your identity.

I voted you because I THINK your Cory and that reverse play is something I think he might do here.

I dont think hed do it on DM where the cory meta is more established, but here? and especially if people dont absolutely know its him?  then all bets are off and gambits could be on.

THATS why im voting you.  Is it totally meta heavy? yep. is it weird and probably a long shot? probably. But it came to me as soon as I saw your vote and i have learnt from many wrong trivia answers that i should always go with my first thought.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

2 things

- too much "town clearing" going on based on feels and ISO whatever the **** that is.  It's a dangerous strategy that really gets us nowhere.

- dice hasnt provided a single game related post; completely fixated on out of game content. Is Arsis from DM and now is Dandie, Ape and he's actually voting him for that rationale and not the fact that Dandie might be the scummiest player in the game.

I'm almost tempted to pivot.  I like Dandie vs. Drums but maybe it should be Dandie vs. Dice.

Do you even read the posts you talk about? 

Heeres things ive done that are game related 

the AJ thing?  based on something he said IN THIS GAME, Did it relate to something outside of this game? yep but how often do players talk about thing that happened in the past here? I point you to D1 and people talking about DPRs game.

The arsis blowup   REAL simple  he pissed me off. I dont appreciate being called retarded and i let him know about it. Note that with all the aJ stuff I never bought up the back story of what I was thinking in case i had the wrong name. It only got dropped when i blew my stack.  But that whole thing is game related because it stemmed from something AJ saaid in game and then was something arsis said IN GAME.

Ive given reads based on whats in this game. also game related.

There my latest quote of Barrys   guess what Jif?? thats also game related!

And my vote is based on a vote in this game and my thinking around it. Ive already said its meta heavy and that that meta IS a bit of a guess cause of ID uncertainty but noone on JN EVER gets to bitch about someone using meta to make reads. Oh and guess what? Thats also game related!

So what were you bitching about again?

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

2 things

This is just terrible. Get rid of “town clearing” and iso’ing, Dandie is alright and Dice is scary. 

Town clearing is vital. ISO’s are where the evidence is found. Your Kabuki show with Ape is disgusting. Dice is 80% town and there are a number of other players that need to be looked at that you’re ignoring. 

This is why you never get a Robin. Just sayin’

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Bumping for my own re-eval purposes. When I suggested pause for stark, I want to say someone treated me like they knew it would later look bad for me. Like a scum mate. Scum mates know to call that buff - town consider options - and I’d hope if the real Cal was trying not to get outed, that they’d stay quiet, so I don’t believe real Cal would have been on me in this spot. Scum would though, for setting up future lynch purposes. 

This actually seemed like a move Ape would do.  Totally myopic, no real logic behind it but lets float it because it sounded good in my head.   So I looked back at the vote count and the only problem is nobody was on you, so what was the point of bumping it?  It was a failed strategy.  This looks more like you covering your tracks than anything else.

1 hour ago, Dicetosser said:

Vote Dandie

Agreed - Barry is doing a terrible job of hiding as scum, lol

OMG Dandie is not Cory. Cory doesn’t have a restraining-order-level infatuation with me and JiF, nor does he needlessly antagonize players or become a drain on the town through distraction. 

For whatever reason, in a game about masks, somebody thought it would be funny to let Ape multi-account. Is it funny? Meh - it’s like watching bad comedy re-runs from 80’s sitcoms... seen it all before and it was never really good in the first place. It’s a sh*t stain on an otherwise very enjoyable game, but that’s how it goes sometimes. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

This is a lie.  You quoted Stark's lynch and then voted DPR knowing it was a new day phase...

I'll go find it. 

15 minutes ago, DPR said:

This is just terrible. Get rid of “town clearing” and iso’ing, Dandie is alright and Dice is scary. 

Town clearing is vital. ISO’s are where the evidence is found. Your Kabuki show with Ape is disgusting. Dice is 80% town and there are a number of other players that need to be looked at that you’re ignoring. 

This is why you never get a Robin. Just sayin’

honestly, just stfu. lol youre terrible at this game and need to get out of my way

1 minute ago, JiF said:

honestly, just stfu. lol youre terrible at this game and need to get out of my way

And here I was going to show you how to iso so you could go grab that Ape post nice and fast...

17 hours ago, SMC said:

DAY 3 BEGINS …

A new day has dawned in Tulsa and the TPD have been hard at work through the night searching desperately for the Seventh Kalvary. Their huge break happened yesterday when they arrested Seventh Kalvary goon, Stark.

1647286085_TulsaPDSNLG.jpg.c207119cd693b131bbda4766aa7c6957.jpg

They interviewed people, roughed up a few of them to get information. Sister Night, Looking Glass and the other police officers heard some interesting stories. One person said that someone had been shot at, but that person was pulled out of the way just in time. Both the shooter and the would-be victim ran off.

Another person said they heard a rumor that an alliance was made. Others mentioned that a back-alley exchange had happened. Some black market stuff. None of it made any sense. The saving grace, however, was that nobody died last night.

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest

17 hours ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

So, yea, none of this is true or relevant. Gaslighting. 

Ahem... read the game. 

Throwing shade at me for giving an absolutely perfect description of his play (which he's admitting to now)....

I’ve provided 3 suspects. I’m focused on discerning the whole roster though. This is just nonsensical talk. Pointless, unless you’re scum trying to make someone pressuring you fact check you and drown out convo.

This.

Wait, so saying, “the first reveal of the game doesn’t need to be lynched immediately, because it’s boxed in” means what exactly? 

Remember what i said about spin earlier?

How insecure do you need to be to keep track of neg reps? 

Haha, I can’t keep up. Legit didn’t realize he reached lynch. ?‍♂️

Dude, seriously. Insecure. Here’s a pat on the head.

OMG emo for not getting credit?

Irony. Ninny.

He knew it was D3 because here he is quoted Stark's lynch.  Also, he not even for one second acknowledge he was scum while he covered for him the entire D2 only to vote a few posts later after playing the obviously fake "am I still alive" game.

Ami still alive?

Yes.

Voting shortly after D3 begins. 

So, DPR played the stark thing like it was a bus, and now he’s using it to set up lynches.

He’s said I have been wrong on everything. My logic, that stark didn’t need to be bluff-called right away, wasn’t wrong. It’s proper logic. You let him stay in game longer, he leaves more of a footprint. If he’s scum, great. If not, we don’t lynch power role. It’s the pragmatic and conservative play. 

He keeps saying I’m focused on him and JiF, disregarding my 3. He’s posted a lot of garbage. I’ve called it. He’s made his move against me as a result. 

Diesnt need debate. I’m barely keeping up, and I stand by my logic on how quick we needed to deal with stark. He’s playing like scum framing a dumb villager.

vote dpr

This all the most damning play of the game so far.  Everything he's done from using an alt, defendings scum on pragmatic logic he changes the next day, fixated on 3 players only to vote the least pragmatic approach and is now lying to defend his play. 

unvote

Vote Ape

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

How do you ISO?

You can hit the ? In the lower left corner of a player’s post. Or, if you want to line up quotes, just hover the cursor over their name, wait for the pop-up and choose Find Content.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, A.J. said:

His D2 is actually pretty good imo. There’s some posts he makes regarding his read on Nolder where you can tell he has internalized Stark’s reveal to = Town and is working with that piece in place until DPR goes drunken master and Drums chooses to believe him.

I’m gonna leap of faith this one and say Drums is Town. Might be worth having him claim if it gets people to back off, but I don’t think he’s gonna flip scum.

And goddamnit, **** you if you do @Drums

Not going to flip scum, will claim if I have to

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Not going to flip scum, will claim if I have to

Bc you’re still somewhat new and I started feeling better about you today and your train is full of my non townish feels....don’t reveal until you have to. Force them to vote you. 

I’m thinking about hopping to CTM btw

22 minutes ago, DPR said:

And here I was going to show you how to iso so you could go grab that Ape post nice and fast...

Everyone has different styles and yours clearly isnt effective and mine cleary is, so I get annoyed when people try to preach philosophy to me in this game.  Sorry I got pissy, was in the middle of something.

The iso of bullets is useless IMO.  Honestly, most of the time I dont even read them, I treat them like lists.  Great way to look like your trying but not really doing anything significant.  I'm supposed to believe you're sitting there taking notes and summarizing and then the expectation is that I'm going to go back verify these "reads" that are provide?  Nah, dawg, not going to do it.  Quote or its basically white noise for me.  If you feel different and so do others, cool but I've never seen an ISO provide anything significant other than cover for scum. 

Clearing town on feels but with no actual concrete info does no good.  Everyone should be a suspect unless you have concrete evidence they are not.  A great investigator doesnt go around clearing everyone because they said some nice things about someone at some point and they like the way they pronounce words.  A great investigator considers all angles, keeps everyone suspect until they have concrete evidence they're not.  A great investigator interrogates everyone, even the ones that appear the most innocent or have great alibis.  A great investigator doesnt just stop with one suspect but continues to search.  Especially when they know there is more than one accomplice. 

So, when a great investigator is putting in work, dont come in and start to sh*t on their play.  You did this same sh*t when I was interrogating scum yesterday and look how that played out.  I wont even bring up last game.  

If you're town, get with it homey.  I'm about to **** sh*t up.

1 hour ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

I feel like you are now starting to work the “Im just dumb lazy town” which sounds a little different from what I saw of you on D2. Weird. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Bc you’re still somewhat new and I started feeling better about you today and your train is full of my non townish feels....don’t reveal until you have to. Force them to vote you. 

I’m thinking about hopping to CTM btw

Yeah I don’t plan to unless I’m in the danger zone. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Do you even read the posts you talk about? 

Heeres things ive done that are game related 

the AJ thing?  based on something he said IN THIS GAME, Did it relate to something outside of this game? yep but how often do players talk about thing that happened in the past here? I point you to D1 and people talking about DPRs game.

The arsis blowup   REAL simple  he pissed me off. I dont appreciate being called retarded and i let him know about it. Note that with all the aJ stuff I never bought up the back story of what I was thinking in case i had the wrong name. It only got dropped when i blew my stack.  But that whole thing is game related because it stemmed from something AJ saaid in game and then was something arsis said IN GAME.

Ive given reads based on whats in this game. also game related.

There my latest quote of Barrys   guess what Jif?? thats also game related!

And my vote is based on a vote in this game and my thinking around it. Ive already said its meta heavy and that that meta IS a bit of a guess cause of ID uncertainty but noone on JN EVER gets to bitch about someone using meta to make reads. Oh and guess what? Thats also game related!

So what were you bitching about again?

Ok, 90% of your effort is based on non-game related content.  You just admitted it in your case vs. Dandie. 

lmfao

I'm just gonna copy/paste Starks’ post from AJ’s quote below:

I’m bolding the JiF part. To me it reads a set up sorta knowing Drums would flip town. Anyone else agree?

Starks’s post:

“Nolder - Don't like what he's posted or his absence. I can understand low activity but this feels different. 

Hess - leaning towards scum. he was voting all over the place, claimed scum, which seems to be his thing, but at the end of day he said JC was town, then he was willing to hammer JC who claimed bomb so maybe i move him to null but for now keeping him in scum lean

Barry - feels like barry, got him as null right now. hasn't done anything that has really "pinged" also hasn't put himself as a firm town read either. The JC is my strongest town read thing didn't help. I think he's probably confused town. which is understandable the way this game has started.

Drums - slight scum. using holders inactivity as reason when he has been more MIA. AJ has pointed out drums scum style from earlier games, this seems consistent. has had some detailed posts about players, but hasn't really followed through with them. Has said that that has helped him.

AJ - town. was skeptical of him to start, peeling off train close to end of day and starting a brand new train looked awful, but i am buying his reveal for now. The reveal read as genuine and his play in hindsight seems to be that of the town AJ from earlier games.

JiF - null, just jif. the drums vote and bounce was not a good look

AVM - null. seems invested and i do like most of what he's posted. admittedly after last game i had him as town all the way to the end and then he wasn't so i may be over thinking his play. 

DPR - leaning town. D1 felt a lot like previous game play and the end of D1 willing to jump on what ended up being legit bomb is a solid look. 

Nyn - lean town. she is playing consistent in my reading her and what she is commenting and questioning.

the rest don't have much that stood out”

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Its mattering to me because im considering something a bit odd and trying to judge if the person doing it would do that. Not knowing makes that really hard.

I didnt vote you because you wont confirm your identity.

I voted you because I THINK your Cory and that reverse play is something I think he might do here.

I dont think hed do it on DM where the cory meta is more established, but here? and especially if people dont absolutely know its him?  then all bets are off and gambits could be on.

THATS why im voting you.  Is it totally meta heavy? yep. is it weird and probably a long shot? probably. But it came to me as soon as I saw your vote and i have learnt from many wrong trivia answers that i should always go with my first thought.

lmfao

but yeah, tell me more about the few posts you've made about a couple of playes at some point lol

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m bolding the JiF part. To me it reads a set up sorta knowing Drums would flip town. Anyone else agree?

Interesting.  I didnt think much of it at the time but in retrospect, he wasnt the only person saying it, so it's possible he was giving himself some room to vote me if a train started to build.  I've had a few people keeping me in their top 3 since D1.  So it makes sense he'd hedge his bet. 

but that's just my take on it...

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Interesting.  I didnt think much of it at the time but in retrospect, he wasnt the only person saying it, so it's possible he was giving himself some room to vote me if a train started to build.  I've had a few people keeping me in their top 3 since D1.  So it makes sense he'd hedge his bet. 

but that's just my take on it...

And his justification was you voting Drums which he was “leaning scum”

Official Vote Count:

Dandie (5) - DPR, Drums, Arsis, Dice, JIF

Drums (5) - Pac, Dandie, Barry, Hess, Nyn

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

• Upvote 1