HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

And his justification was you voting Drums which he was “leaning scum”

Meaning....drums who was getting some heat, once reveal or flipped town, he had something on JiF to fall back on....but who thinks that way on someone they consider scum....etc etc 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Oh and Jif?  Dont think i missed you twisting what i have said regarding arsis and Dandie.

Bro, you started this game damning JN for being too meta driven and then proceed to go emo on someone over some sh*t on DM.  Now you're voting someone because you think they're some dude named Cory and not the Ape when it's the ******* Ape dude lol and you're sitting here admitting that's why your voting it but when I call you out for such behavior that you are out right admitting to, I'm twisting? 

lmfao

cant make this sh*t up

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'm just gonna copy/paste Starks’ post from AJ’s quote below:

I’m bolding the JiF part. To me it reads a set up sorta knowing Drums would flip town. Anyone else agree?

Starks’s post:

“Nolder - Don't like what he's posted or his absence. I can understand low activity but this feels different. 

Hess - leaning towards scum. he was voting all over the place, claimed scum, which seems to be his thing, but at the end of day he said JC was town, then he was willing to hammer JC who claimed bomb so maybe i move him to null but for now keeping him in scum lean

Barry - feels like barry, got him as null right now. hasn't done anything that has really "pinged" also hasn't put himself as a firm town read either. The JC is my strongest town read thing didn't help. I think he's probably confused town. which is understandable the way this game has started.

Drums - slight scum. using holders inactivity as reason when he has been more MIA. AJ has pointed out drums scum style from earlier games, this seems consistent. has had some detailed posts about players, but hasn't really followed through with them. Has said that that has helped him.

AJ - town. was skeptical of him to start, peeling off train close to end of day and starting a brand new train looked awful, but i am buying his reveal for now. The reveal read as genuine and his play in hindsight seems to be that of the town AJ from earlier games.

JiF - null, just jif. the drums vote and bounce was not a good look

AVM - null. seems invested and i do like most of what he's posted. admittedly after last game i had him as town all the way to the end and then he wasn't so i may be over thinking his play. 

DPR - leaning town. D1 felt a lot like previous game play and the end of D1 willing to jump on what ended up being legit bomb is a solid look. 

Nyn - lean town. she is playing consistent in my reading her and what she is commenting and questioning.

the rest don't have much that stood out”

I would flip town but what do you mean? Who was setting up who?

Just now, JiF said:

Bro, you started this game damning JN for being too meta driven and then proceed to go emo on someone over some sh*t on DM.  Now you're voting someone because you think they're some dude named Cory and not the Ape when it's the ******* Ape dude lol and you're sitting here admitting that's why your voting it but when I call you out for such behavior that you are out right admitting to, I'm twisting? 

lmfao

cant make this sh*t up

It’s one of the weirdest things ever. I’ve been wondering WTF every time he posts lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Meaning....drums who was getting some heat, once reveal or flipped town, he had something on JiF to fall back on....but who thinks that way on someone they consider scum....etc etc 

Never mind Hess. Found it. 

Official Vote Count:

Dandie (5) - DPR, Drums, Arsis, Dice, JIF

Drums (5) - Pac, Dandie, Barry, Hess, Nyn

CTM (2) - 80, AJ

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He’s FOS’ing JiF for voting you....who he has as a scum lean. 

Only thing was that vote was indeed weird on me. Multiple people have said it, even Crusher who is confirmed town. 

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

And his justification was you voting Drums which he was “leaning scum”

Yeah, total fence sitting read.  He could vote me if my train built or he could vote Drums if his train built.  It's a good call out but I'm not sure it's alignment indicative.  Starks a good player, he knew he need to be able to go back and not have to explain votes.

Drums is on my radar but not for that.  <3.  I'm more concerned with the Ape.  His play is by far the most damning and he was just caught in a full on lie.

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It’s one of the weirdest things ever. I’ve been wondering WTF every time he posts lol

Dice - am I voting you for meta?  YEP!

JiF - Dice continues to vote people for meta after talking about how JN only plays off meta

Dice - STOP TWISITING JIF!!!!!!!

lmfao

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, total fence sitting read.  He could vote me if my train built or he could vote Drums if his train built.  It's a good call out but I'm not sure it's alignment indicative.  Starks a good player, he knew he need to be able to go back and not have to explain votes.

Drums is on my radar but not for that.  <3.  I'm more concerned with the Ape.  His play is by far the most damning and he was just caught in a full on lie.

As long as you share your haze and don’t tunnel me, we can be alright for today. 

Just now, Drums said:

Only thing was that vote was indeed weird on me. Multiple people have said it, even Crusher who is confirmed town. 

Regardless, whether set up of town JiF or set up of gambit on Scummate JiF....neither works w/out you being town. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Meh, you were my best scum read, I didnt really know how that day would end and I wasnt going to be around.  I didnt love the JC/Stark trains.  Obviously I think it's being overblown but do I get it.  However, it's not like I ghosted 2 minutes before deadline.  There were hours still left and most of the game in full participation with 2 players close enough for lynch that my vote wasnt going to stall a train or be the catalyst for a rando lynch.  People are making it out to be that way and it's really not the case.  It ultimately had no bearing on the game and if I went back and looked, I probably wasnt the only one with a useless vote to end the day.

9 minutes ago, Drums said:

As long as you share your haze and don’t tunnel me, we can be alright for today. 

I got 4 strains right now.   The names they come up with are amazing;

Silver Lemon Haze, Old Purple Pussy, Gorilla Glue, Orange Ghost.  Just finished up with Scooby Snacks, Cherry Pie and Space Face.

lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, you were my best scum read, I didnt really know how that day would end and I wasnt going to be around.  I didnt love the JC/Stark trains.  Obviously I think it's being overblown but do I get it.  However, it's not like I ghosted 2 minutes before deadline.  There were hours still left and most of the game in full participation with 2 players close enough for lynch that my vote wasnt going to stall a train or be the catalyst for a rando lynch.  People are making it out to be that way and it's really not the case.  It ultimately had no bearing on the game and if I went back and looked, I probably wasnt the only one with a useless vote to end the day.

That's true and I'm not going to clog up the board debating it any further right now but it isn't something I will wipe off my list on you because as the days go on and we get more info, it might be something later but then again it might not. 

On 4/29/2020 at 2:29 PM, SMC said:

(CORRECTED) Final Official Vote Count:

JC (10) - Dandie, Arsis, Barry, CTM, Smash, Stark, Drums, 80, Hess, DPR

Stark (6) - Pac, Nolder, AVM, Crusher, JC, AJ

Nolder (4) - Hess, DPR, AJ, Nyn

Drums (1) - JiF

AJ (1) - Dice

DPR (1) - JC

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to arrest 

Final vote count on D1.

I've already defended my vote and understand how it looks but reviewing the final vote count, 7 players had ultimately useless votes and just looking at the page this post is on, many of the people not voting the major trains were actively posting in thread.

ewww....

that's actually a good area for look back.  Numerous people damned my vote.  I wonder how many of them were voting someone other than JC or Start at this point? 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, SMC said:

MOD NOTE: Given that the players have consolidated around 2 trains, I will extend the deadline to 2:30 for a decision on whether to lynch JC or Stark.  If neither receive a majority by 2:30 there will be a random death.

On 4/29/2020 at 1:53 PM, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

JC (8) - Dandie, DPR, Arsis, Barry, CTM, Smash, Stark, Drums

Stark (7) - Pac, Nolder, 80, AVM, Hess, Crusher, JC

Drums (3) - AJ, JiF, Nyn

AJ (1) - Dice

D1 deadline: 2:30 pm EDT Wednesday, April 29

On 4/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, Stark said:

wth.

I am:

Calvin "Cal" Abar, a form of Doctor Manhattan. If I am lynched or killed the game is over. However, I have the ability to transfer my power. 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, Jetscode1 said:

BOOM (BOOM) price, marketcap, chart, and info | CoinGecko

On 4/29/2020 at 1:56 PM, HessStation said:

Unvote vote Nolder 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, HessStation said:

Unvote vote Stark I guess 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Unvote

On 4/29/2020 at 1:59 PM, HessStation said:

Oh coooool

unvote vote Nolder

On 4/29/2020 at 2:02 PM, DPR said:

Unvote, vote Nolder

On 4/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, A.J. said:

It is Wednesday

Vote Nolder

On 4/29/2020 at 2:05 PM, Nynaeve said:

unvote

vote nolder

On 4/29/2020 at 2:05 PM, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

JC (8) - Dandie, DPR, Arsis, Barry, CTM, Smash, Stark, Drums

Stark (6) - Pac, Nolder, AVM, Crusher, JC, AJ

Nolder (4) - Hess, DPR, AJ, Nyn

Drums (1) - JiF

AJ (1) - Dice

DPR (1) - JC

D1 deadline: 2:30 pm EDT Wednesday, April 29

On 4/29/2020 at 2:06 PM, SMC said:

MOD NOTE: Deadline in 25 minutes

NO reveals remaining

On 4/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Hmm.  I'm willing to gamble on JC lying.  @Pac want to do your thing?

unvote vote JC

On 4/29/2020 at 2:12 PM, DPR said:

**** it

unvote - vote JC

Here are all the votes at the extension announcement and the vote count before the reveals  before DPR jumped on the grenade.  

So looking back, I dont know how what I did could be anymore damning than the people who didnt chose the big trains and went to Nolder before the deadline.  Drums actually had 3 votes before the reveals started happening and Nold had zero.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I just woke up. I'd vote for Dandie because he got caught lying or playing dumb multiple times "I don't know the phase no idea he was lynched" bullsh*t.

I'd vote drums because he was saying he found someone suspicious but was calling out jif for voting for them.

I'd vote dice because he hasn't actually played this game and everything he posts is about DM which is nonsense.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:41 AM, Drums said:

You say anyone voting in pairs is a dickwad. In another post you compliment Barry’s idea of two competing trains. 

But oddly enough, with Stark vs. JC at deadline, why do you vote me and leave? I only had AJ on my train. Crusher actually called you out on this, among others, but I didn’t see what you said. 

lol - Drums was the first person to call me out on it...

15 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I just woke up. I'd vote for Dandie because he got caught lying or playing dumb multiple times "I don't know the phase no idea he was lynched" bullsh*t.

I'd vote drums because he was saying he found someone suspicious but was calling out jif for voting for them.

I'd vote dice because he hasn't actually played this game and everything he posts is about DM which is nonsense.

Not exactly

16 hours ago, Drums said:

I really don't think it's any better than other things I've said here and you've trashed most of what I've said so I don't like this.

Just didn't trust Jif, whom I was weary of, telling me that he liked what I was saying, after trashing everything I've said all game. Seemed suspicious. That made me second guess myself. Also I found something I thought was good on Hess which ended up probably being nothing. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - Drums was the first person to call me out on it...

Yeah and I called you out on unvoting Stark and going to sleep, and if Hess didn't type "UN" before VOTE, you would not have been the hammer. So that would have been two weird things around final voting.  Other people didn't vote Stark D2 (one being AJ who I read as town) so I'm not going to get on you for that right now but I'm just saying. 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

saving us all time and energy? You act like someone forces you to play. You think Stark is lying because the role doesn't make sense? It does seem crazy but if he was making up a role why would he add in things that people would find unbelievable? Stark is a smart player, obviously.

Just grabbed this post as I was looking back at who was grabbing at my inconsequential vote hours before the deadline who ignored players that were around who didnt consoolidate.  This post by Barry stood out as he defended Start and threw shade at me calling Stark out for lying.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, Drums said:

Wait so you voted someone irrelevant at the time (me) and voting trains is the exact opposite. You see what I am getting at here?

Then you admit to skimming AT DEADLINE. To be honest, SMC is killing it as mod and posts VCs pretty often. 

Nyn also called you out for cluttering up the board at DL. 

Then I would expect you to come out and vote me to start D2 but you’re pushing Stark. Ok. 

Ewwww Drums, you were pushing it hard and making it seem much more dire than it was...

On 4/30/2020 at 10:08 AM, AVM said:

JiF throwing that vote down at deadline yesterday and leaving was pretty damn gross after all the flailing about. I do agree with Nyn, too, that he's been a little more over the top than usual...somethings off, I just can't tell how.

vote JiF

AVM joining on the weak sauce not mentioning, Nyn, AJ, Hess who were actually around at deadline and didnt consolidate.  Nyn and AJ were voting Drums at that time.  No mention of their move to a hopeless lynch in Nold at the deadline.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:36 PM, JiF said:

What is this questionable logic I'm pushing? 

On 4/30/2020 at 12:45 PM, A.J. said:

Pressing for info / to lynch the un-countered character with claimed powers that match the theme and is named in the OP as the main object that scum want to eliminate / steal powers from.

You don’t see how that’s a bad idea?

On 4/30/2020 at 12:57 PM, JiF said:

No, not at all. 

I wanted to grab these to once again, lol, at AJ but also because he was someone who didnt consolidate during the deadline.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just grabbed this post as I was looking back at who was grabbing at my inconsequential vote hours before the deadline who ignored players that were around who didnt consoolidate.  This post by Barry stood out as he defended Start and threw shade at me calling Stark out for lying.

Ewwww Drums, you were pushing it hard and making it seem much more dire than it was...

AVM joining on the weak sauce not mentioning, Nyn, AJ, Hess who were actually around at deadline and didnt consolidate.  Nyn and AJ were voting Drums at that time.  No mention of their move to a hopeless lynch in Nold at the deadline.

I wanted to grab these to once again, lol, at AJ but also because he was someone who didnt consolidate during the deadline.

I was definitely pushing hard man, I stand by it. Seemed pretty scummy to me so I thought I had you. I'm like a dog man, when I catch a scent, I attack. I did it to Hess last night even though I probably embarrassed myself but I'm okay with embarrassing myself.

3 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

@A.J.   i just say ure answer to nyn

@DPR  weith the exception that im tossing up Dandie. My problem stems from not knowing for sure who is the player. I THINK  75%ish that its cory. But every now and then he posts uncory like stuff.

What im tossing up is whether his vote on you   the original one today is reverse psychology.  Right now you have to be considered the clearesty player in the game    someone even said   think it was nyn maybe  something along the lines of why would scum vote you considering that fact.

Im thinking that might be eXACTLY what happened and exactly WHY it was done.

It doesnt help that I just cant get a handle on Drums.  

It's not cory lol