HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Are you scum? 

Naw man I’m being honest. When he voted Dpr I was like, townie. But then you know, I start thinking maybe I’m missing something and I could see it maybe. Should have stuck to my guns, but whatever. That’s where I’m at on it. Like, follow your gut instincts. But whatevs bc he got annoying 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I was trying to vote Ape to L-2 for his reveal..... turns out hess was thinking the same and it turned into a lynch  sh*t happens. I was looking at Nyn from my perspective at the time since she was wrapped up with others defending herself it seemed opportunistic she voted for Dumbo

Her vote was opportunistic but yours wasnt?  lol

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Naw man I’m being honest. When he voted Dpr I was like, townie. But then you know, I start thinking maybe I’m missing something and I could see it maybe. Should have stuck to my guns, but whatever. That’s where I’m at on it. Like, follow your gut instincts. But whatevs bc he got annoying 

do you want to win the game together? 

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

Sheeeiiit

You telling me scum Ape doesn’t rock the boat? Who are you and what have you done with Hess?

There’s subtleties there that were too harsh, asking for it. Ya feel me? Prob not. And I voted for him so who am I to judge. I get it. I just don’t like being wrong when I was kinda feeling him Townish. Annoying but townish 

3 minutes ago, A.J. said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5183541

CTM needs to make that case on 80 or gtfo.

AVM hasn't bothered to show his face today either.

Yeah, I want to kill AVM tomorrow.  Smash maybe too.  CTM?  I was reading him town but we could kill it I guess

I wish I could kill people. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah, I want to kill AVM tomorrow.  Smash maybe too.  CTM?  I was reading him town but we could kill it I guess

I wish I could kill people. 

CTM is a hard read. Posts read Town, involvement says he's hiding.

Smash - I will defer elsewhere, he reads scummy to me but I feel like that's just his play style.

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

CTM is a hard read. Posts read Town, involvement says he's hiding.

Smash - I will defer elsewhere, he reads scummy to me but I feel like that's just his play style.

These are both accurate and astute observations.  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Her vote was opportunistic but yours wasnt?  lol

Not going to explain it for the 3rd time .... I told you what I was thinking at the time . There is a difference between voting  L-3 and voting L-2

I wanted to push a reveal from Ape . I see what you are getting at so all I can do is explain if you don't believe what Im saying then do what you have to do.

43 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Not going to explain it for the 3rd time .... I told you what I was thinking at the time . There is a difference between voting  L-3 and voting L-2

I wanted to push a reveal from Ape . I see what you are getting at so all I can do is explain if you don't believe what Im saying then do what you have to do.

Nyn put him at L2

7 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Im not afraid to find out. Lets do this.

Unvote

Vote dandie 

7 hours ago, deckerfan said:

Official Vote Count:

Dandie (7) - DPR, Drums, Arsis, Dice, JIF, Barry, Nyn

CTM (3) - 80, AJ, Hess

Drums (2) - Pac, Dandie

80 (2) - CTM, Smash

With 16 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest 

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No Nyn put him at L-3 because we did not know at the time it took one less vote to lynch him. She was vote 6 putting him at L-3

wrong donald trump GIF

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

These were my quick reads after catching up reading for the day. That's it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After ISO'ing Drums I feel a lot better about him.

There were a few things that stood out to me on D1 that seemed like he was just full of ish, but they weren't really subtantive so probably useless. One of the things I thought seemed fishy was he was talking about interviewing for a new job as a teacher and schools are closed down all over the north east - which is why I asked where he lives. Another thing that's not all that game related but possibly could have caught a lie. I didn't.

unvote

And people are giving ME sh*t for  supposed out of game things building reads?  shakes head. 

13 hours ago, A.J. said:

@Dicetosser Dandie is the Ape, 100%

evaluate with that in mind 

Ok so im too late but my evaluation would have been that i think apes liable to make that play too but in a more chaotic way. I was going to leave my vote on dandie.

11 hours ago, Arsis said:

Do dm players only exclusively talk about meta?

like it actually has an impact on the game? Especially when you're talking (lying) about your own meta?

a. Wasnt DM where you first started playing? 

b shes not lieing. Lying about something like that with a bunch of people in the room who could say otherwise would be beyond Ape level insane.

c  If you are so dismissive of meta   tell me how do you decide to vote someone? what info do you use to decide if they are scum or town? Does nothing they have done in games before, relationships they have/had with you, things like that have absolutely ZERO influence when you read a game? If we both play DPRs game are you going to totally forget everything that I said, that you said this game? The feelings those things caused?

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I did not apologize for this mislynch and I didn't apologize for JC. I am also pretty sure I didn't say I shouldn't have followed you because I didn't follow you. I reevaluated jc because of you but made my own decision.

Slow down on the rum.

So, Barry's apology for JC's mislynch is the last quote in this post - scroll there now for the tl;dr version.

But, in looking for that post, I found more stinky cheese:

On 4/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

step brothers yep GIF

DPR made me question my read so I looked at it through the lens he described. And as I was re-reading I saw he posted what was the scummiest sh*t I've seen all game.

I could go JC or Stark so I like those trains.

This is before JC's lynch and Barry's blaming me before we even see the flip LOL

On 4/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

OK so since everyone is playing tighter than a ducks a-hole and we have a 2pm deadline tomorrow, I propose that anyone who is on a "train" of 1 move to one with more than one. Since I am in that boat and making the proposal, I'll start.

Of the 4 "more than 1" trains, here are my expert level reads:

Pac - Pac is acting like Pac

80 - 80 is acting like 80

JC - I actually have a strong town read on him. I feel like it's easy to tell when he's town and am surprised to see some vets saying he's a difficult read. Maybe it's me being naive, but he's my strongest town read.

Stark - I think Pac made a pretty good point that Stark should know this is Pac being Pac. He's also after 80 for being 80. Stark is one of the better players on here and generally has more well thought out targets IMO.

unvote

vote stark

Here's where he was voting for Stark for pure meta reasons (Dice is going to frame this one for his mantle). 

This is just a terrible, terrible post

On 4/29/2020 at 10:16 AM, DPR said:

FTR, this is Barry's, not 80's reasoning.

I saw it when he posted it and it falls into the basing-votes-on-meta bucket for me, which I'm not a huge fan of. 

To me, if JC plays as scummy, then it doesn't help town. I get that it's "his style", but his style isn't helping town and it does provide great cover for him in a scum role - I see that as a solid reason to vote.

Same with the above... Pac playing the GeeShee Peacock isn't something to be expected, its a nausea inducing distraction. Telling somebody they should know better than to vote for that is the opposite of what helps the town, lol.

So, personally, I don't really see what I would consider to be actual reasoning or casing. 

I thought it was a terrible post at the time as well...

On 4/29/2020 at 10:21 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Dude, are you confused? You asked me to explain why I could vote stark, so I linked you to my reasoning. And you respond with this?

This is Barry's reply to my above post - somebody light a match and open a window...

On 4/29/2020 at 10:20 AM, Stark said:

you just went from STRONGEST TOWN READ with no real reason/expalination to voting him after pretty quick. 

You also said 80 was being 80, which is what i said earlier and then you claimed i was going after 80 for being 80. 

i was looking for some clarification on how your strongest town read was catching a vote from you hours later. 

This is Dr. Nothattan's response to Barry voting for JC - keep in mind that Barry was voting for Stark before this. Stark does a little twisty dance with the logic here while throwing shade at Barry.

Seems like a town player in Stark's position would have been interested in JC's competing train *gaining* votes. instead, he takes this opportunity to question Barry's vote on JC (even though they agreed on the same logic? I can't tell LOL) and all when Barry wasn't a threat to him and was not a competing train. Distancing does come to mind.

On 4/29/2020 at 10:24 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

I literally just explained exactly what you're asking. Again.

c'mon stark

Barry's "aww shucks" response to the above

On 4/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

I apologize - I overlooked this question earlier when I tilted over your asking about something that was already explained earlier in the post. I was just referring to the following posts from you.

so - not much really, but coupled with going after pac for being pac it stuck out to me.

Here's a straight up apology lol. I think I combined it with the other apology - dunno for sure. 

Also, Pac is still Pac, so that's good. 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:12 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

There's been no counter claim to AJ - there shouldn't be any votes on him ffs.

Hey y'all, no votes on reveals if there are no counter claims, mkay? 

This was before Stark's reveal LOL

On 4/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, HessStation said:

Counter claim to a whacky reveal? Gfy 

Hess caught it

On 4/29/2020 at 1:17 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Why did you think it was whacky?

LOL

On 4/29/2020 at 1:25 PM, JiF said:

huh?  Why on earth would anyone counter that.  It's very safe D1 reveal.  I mean, I agree to an extent energy should be focused elsewhere but by no means is AJ cleared or should anyone counter. 

JiF caught it

On 4/29/2020 at 1:27 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Fair I guess. I actually missed the "deputy" part of his reveal until Hess called it whacky and I went back and reread it. 

He missed the "deputy" part, implying that he thought people were questioning a Cop reveal. No bueno.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:13 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Imagine both claims being true and stark gets bombed for hammering on D1. Seems like a crazy possibility.

In retrospect, we should have just speed-lynched this guy yesterday for this post alone.

Still not sorry Dandie is gone tho lol

On 4/29/2020 at 6:05 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I deserve shade for switching from my top town read to voting on him, especially when he flipped town. I do want to add context to that though. DRP questioned my read, which was basically that he was aggressively scum hunting, and said something to the effect of he was being aggressive/opportunistic in trying to get anyone lynched. So I went back and reviewed his posts thinking about it from that angle.

It sure as hell did look that way and then I came across a new exchange I hadn't read of his yet where he first called DRP a liar for (paraphrasing) saying JC was just aggressively trying to lynch anyone, then Arsis said it didn't seem like he cared who got lynched, and they JC straight up said he didn't care. Add to all of that the fact that he mis-characterized something I said when he tried to push my train and it all added up to scum to me.

I should have stuck with my guns here. In the past being too stubborn and not rethinking has gone wrong so I want to try and be more open to things. 

As for "asking obvious questions" - I thought nyn's reaction of we're F'd was overboard even if you were the main cop since there's likely a doc. Definitely not an ideal spot but F'd seems a bit much. Whatever. I waited to ask that question until after the deadline because I thought it might be an answer like that.

This is the original post I was referring to in the top post.

If this isn't a long winded apology, I don't know what is. And mentioning me twice does imply blame - especially when you give reasons for voting but then say you should have "stuck with your guns". Honestly, I've seen 11 year olds that just got caught smoking by their mom stand taller than this...

FWIW the other thing that stood out to me was the volume of posting Barry is doing on other topics, so he's around, just not adding much to this game. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The VC’s have been constantly wrong. I think Smash is right 

Because the VC's have been wrong, it's pretty much just a supporting point anyway

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

The VC’s have been constantly wrong. I think Smash is right 

Actually hess I think he's right. When his vote came off (Barry) it put Nyn as the 6th vote so at this point I can back off Nyn as being an opportunistic vote since she may have been looking for a reveal as well. She did mention in an earlier post about Dumdie possible scum

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Actually hess I think he's right. When his vote came off (Barry) it put Nyn as the 6th vote so at this point I can back off Nyn as being an opportunistic vote since she may have been looking for a reveal as well. She did mention in an earlier post about Dumdie possible scum

My bad, yep, got confused.

1. Nyn voted to L2

2. Barry unvotes to L3

3. Smash votes back to L2

4. Hess votes back to L2 at same time...but it ends up L1, which is the hammer. 

fin

Trash post by DPR, many things just plain wrong. If there wasn't obvious evidence you were town I'd think you were scum with all the mischaracterization going on.

54 minutes ago, DPR said:

So, Barry's apology for JC's mislynch is the last quote in this post - scroll there now for the tl;dr version.

But, in looking for that post, I found more stinky cheese:

DPR made me question my read so I looked at it through the lens he described. And as I was re-reading I saw he posted what was the scummiest sh*t I've seen all game.

I could go JC or Stark so I like those trains.

This is before JC's lynch and Barry's blaming me before we even see the flip LOL

I didn't blame you for anything except questioning my read. After that, icymi - the rest is me reevaluating and making a decision of my own.

Here's where he was voting for Stark for pure meta reasons (Dice is going to frame this one for his mantle). 

OK so since everyone is playing tighter than a ducks a-hole and we have a 2pm deadline tomorrow, I propose that anyone who is on a "train" of 1 move to one with more than one. Since I am in that boat and making the proposal, I'll start.

Of the 4 "more than 1" trains, here are my expert level reads:

Pac - Pac is acting like Pac

80 - 80 is acting like 80

JC - I actually have a strong town read on him. I feel like it's easy to tell when he's town and am surprised to see some vets saying he's a difficult read. Maybe it's me being naive, but he's my strongest town read.

Stark - I think Pac made a pretty good point that Stark should know this is Pac being Pac. He's also after 80 for being 80. Stark is one of the better players on here and generally has more well thought out targets IMO.

unvote

vote stark

This is just a terrible, terrible post

This is a D1 post where we're getting close to deadline and there's a bunch of players with 1 vote. I was one of them. So I made a reasonable suggestion and gave my takes on those trains. 

So my vote is based purely on meta, on D1 no less. What is so damning about that? I was also correct, so EAD.

I thought it was a terrible post at the time as well...

FTR, this is Barry's, not 80's reasoning.

I saw it when he posted it and it falls into the basing-votes-on-meta bucket for me, which I'm not a huge fan of. 

To me, if JC plays as scummy, then it doesn't help town. I get that it's "his style", but his style isn't helping town and it does provide great cover for him in a scum role - I see that as a solid reason to vote.

Same with the above... Pac playing the GeeShee Peacock isn't something to be expected, its a nausea inducing distraction. Telling somebody they should know better than to vote for that is the opposite of what helps the town, lol.

So, personally, I don't really see what I would consider to be actual reasoning or casing. 

This is Barry's reply to my above post - somebody light a match and open a window...

The first line of your post is wacky and made no sense to me. It still doesn't. Why did you need to put on the record that "this is barry's, not 80's reasoning" when quoting a post from me? My reasoning was my reasoning based on the 4 consolidated players on D1.

This is Dr. Nothattan's response to Barry voting for JC - keep in mind that Barry was voting for Stark before this. Stark does a little twisty dance with the logic here while throwing shade at Barry.

Seems like a town player in Stark's position would have been interested in JC's competing train *gaining* votes. instead, he takes this opportunity to question Barry's vote on JC (even though they agreed on the same logic? I can't tell LOL) and all when Barry wasn't a threat to him and was not a competing train. Distancing does come to mind.

I literally just explained exactly what you're asking. Again.

c'mon stark

Barry's "aww shucks" response to the above

What is aww shucks about that? I was annoyed that I had 2 or 3 people within a half hour ask me to explain things that I had already explained. AWW SHUCKS? What in the god damn hell are you talking about?

Here's a straight up apology lol. I think I combined it with the other apology - dunno for sure. 

Also, Pac is still Pac, so that's good. 

here is the entire exchange. This is not an apology about a mislynch. It's an apology being I snipped at Stark for a stupid question about something I already answered and missed his other qeustion in the process

Ther is no "other apology" that is something you've contrived.

starkpots.png.4b19a9a278613e380969a563aba60c3c.png

Hey y'all, no votes on reveals if there are no counter claims, mkay? 

This was before Stark's reveal LOL

Hess caught it

LOL

JiF caught it

He missed the "deputy" part, implying that he thought people were questioning a Cop reveal. No bueno.

In my experience an uncountered reveal to a standard role has been true. This is the part where 80 and AJ tweak because I'm not a n00b. 

Can't win. I'm not a complete n00b but it's my 5th game and that's how it's gone in the games I've played. Maybe hard to see when you've played a lot more and have seen uncountered cop reveals on D1 be fake. Apparently that's a pretty safe claim. Now I know. EAD.

In retrospect, we should have just speed-lynched this guy yesterday for this post alone.

Still not sorry Dandie is gone tho lol

So you're setting up a speed lynch based on a bunch of nonsense. Good to know. Well done pirate.

oscars applause GIF

This is the original post I was referring to in the top post.

I deserve shade for switching from my top town read to voting on him, especially when he flipped town. I do want to add context to that though. DRP questioned my read, which was basically that he was aggressively scum hunting, and said something to the effect of he was being aggressive/opportunistic in trying to get anyone lynched. So I went back and reviewed his posts thinking about it from that angle.

It sure as hell did look that way and then I came across a new exchange I hadn't read of his yet where he first called DRP a liar for (paraphrasing) saying JC was just aggressively trying to lynch anyone, then Arsis said it didn't seem like he cared who got lynched, and they JC straight up said he didn't care. Add to all of that the fact that he mis-characterized something I said when he tried to push my train and it all added up to scum to me.

I should have stuck with my guns here. In the past being too stubborn and not rethinking has gone wrong so I want to try and be more open to things. 

As for "asking obvious questions" - I thought nyn's reaction of we're F'd was overboard even if you were the main cop since there's likely a doc. Definitely not an ideal spot but F'd seems a bit much. Whatever. I waited to ask that question until after the deadline because I thought it might be an answer like that.

If this isn't a long winded apology, I don't know what is. And mentioning me twice does imply blame - especially when you give reasons for voting but then say you should have "stuck with your guns". Honestly, I've seen 11 year olds that just got caught smoking by their mom stand taller than this...

This was in response to someone questioning my 180 on JC. Saying I deserve shade and should have stuck with my guns is not an apology. It's an acknowledgement that I got it wrong. If I wanted to apologize I would have explicitly done so. 

You're creating things that don't exist.

As for the mentions of you implying blame ...

The first one is a description of what f'n happened. I was asked to expalin my 180, so I did. Your questioning is what made me look at it through a different lens and then I made my own F'n decision.

The second mention is a description of a scummy exchange JC got into. Implying that this is somehow a way of me blaming you for my decision is either dishonest or stupid and there's no in between. So which is it?

FWIW the other thing that stood out to me was the volume of posting Barry is doing on other topics, so he's around, just not adding much to this game. 

Eat my entire ass.