HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

The 19 players are:

1) Jetsfan80

2) A.J.

3) Jetscode1 - Red Scare (Town Bomb): Dead D1

4) Barry McCockinner

5) Pac

6) AVM - Agent Laurie Blake (Town Investigator): Dead N3

7) HessStation

8) Dicetosser

9) Arsis

10) DPR

11) JiF

12) CTM

13) Dandie Andie Doodle - Lube Man (Diminutive Townie, 1 night actions-avoidance but takes 1 less vote to arrest): Arrested D3

14) Drums

15) Nynaeve

16) Stark  - Seventh Kalvary Soldier (Scum Goon): Arrested D2

17) The Crusher - Agent Petey (Town Watcher): Killed N1

18) Jvill 51

19) Smashmouth

On 4/29/2020 at 12:19 PM, A.J. said:

I correctly state how D1 is a mess and just to prove it I get run up lmao

retards. Do I even really want to waste my time filtering through what I am sure if a field of turds? Not really. 

I’m Pirate Jenny. Tulsa PD Deputy Investigator.

My results come in the form of “Kalvary or not Kalvary” which is why I am speculating this could be a multi ball setup since OP states there are evil powers that back the wannabe Klansmen

19 minutes ago, SMC said:

LAURIE BLAKE

Watchmen_cast.jpg.194763fc0be925c33c2e424b6a686142.jpg

That wasn’t even her real name. Her last name was Juspeczyk, from her mother, the original Silk Spectre. She later learned that her teammate, The Comedian—Eddie Blake—who was also a government operative, was her father. They were members of the famed crimebusters The Watchmen, until costumed vigilantes were outlawed. Then fellow teammate Ozymandias—Adrian Veidt—faked an alien invasion of New York City—killing millions—to trick nations into world peace.

She tried to continue with the crimebusting, but was caught by the FBI and given a choice. Join the FBI or go to prison. Laurie did the only sensible thing. She joined the FBI, and, not ironically, took her late father’s last name.

She spent most of her time with the FBI tracking down costumed vigilantes. Then she was sent to Tulsa to help the locals fight a domestic terrorist group. What an insane assignment. What made it worse were the rumors that Doctor Manhattan was hiding in Tulsa. Whatever alias he had taken now, he would always be Jon to her—Jonathan Osterman. Yes, he was still a man. But she had no idea where he was.

The search for the domestic terrorist group, the Seventh Kalvary, had proved costly. She already lost her partner Agent Petey. They caught one of the Seventh Kalvary, but there were more out there. And her investigations kept coming up empty.

But she never thought her own life was in danger. The Seventh Kalvary wouldn’t dare kill an FBI agent. They’ve taken out Tulsa PD in the White Night, but they weren’t that bold. But were there other threats out there she should have been thinking of?

TO BE CONTINUED…

10 minutes ago, SMC said:

DAY 4 BEGINS …

A new day has dawned in Tulsa and the TPD have been hard at work through the night searching desperately for the Seventh Kalvary. They arrested one Seventh Kalvary member, but they needed more.

619812072_TulsaPDSNLG.jpg.9d6fbe7c5426ed3be1a46be5e8546b4d.jpg

They interviewed people, roughed up a few of them to get information. Sister Night, Looking Glass and the other police officers heard some interesting stories. They heard again about the Hooded Justice imposter. He caught a well-dressed man and beat him to a pulp and right when he was going to deliver the killing blow, the victim slipped out of his jacket and ran away. One person said that someone had been shot at, but that person jumped out of the way just in time. Both the shooter and the would-be victim ran off.

There was another story, which was especially odd. It was of a diminutive person, man or woman, who had the same strength as the Hooded Justice imposter, and this tiny person pummeled a woman and left her body in an alley.

The police went to the alley and they were shocked with what they found. No one liked her, she was an interloper, but she was their task force leader in this battle against the Seventh Kalvary. But she’s now gone.

AVM, Agent Laurie Blake (Town Investigator), is dead

1118490404_09-LaurieBlake_.jpg.426ae927d311fcfcb13c89f3a41f546d.jpg

With 14 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 8 to arrest

So AJ's claim was Tulsa PD deputy investigator. This role is FBI.

Doesn't really jibe unless there's two investigators with at least one having a deputy. Does that seem realistic?

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Doesn't really jibe unless there's two investigators with at least one having a deputy. Does that seem realistic?

I think it jibes a lot actually since AJ claimed investigator instead of “cop”. Maybe a lucky coincidence but every game I’ve been in the role has been called cop. Should sort itself out soon enough either way.

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I think it jibes a lot actually since AJ claimed investigator instead of “cop”. Maybe a lucky coincidence but every game I’ve been in the role has been called cop. Should sort itself out soon enough either way.

Not to mention the Kalvary or not Kalvary results, which AVM more or less vetted when he talked about the “details of my claim” making it believable 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

vote AJ

His claim doesn't make sense to me anymore. 

This doesn’t make sense. We just lost the cop and you’re voting the guy who claims to be replacing him? His claimed role is now extremely valuable and we can easily vet him now.

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Not to mention the Kalvary or not Kalvary results, which AVM more or less vetted when he talked about the “details of my claim”

I’ll have to go back and check that out after I catch up on yesterday’s events. Managed to get my computer situation semi-sorted out thankfully so should be good to go from here on out.

It sounds like there was three attacks last Night

This Hooded Justice Imposter - Good or bad based on canon?

Another shot that the target was saved from at the last second

And then whoever killed AVM - tiny person?

On 4/29/2020 at 1:27 PM, AVM said:

It's also oddly detailed to be a fake reveal. Not the role itself, but the way he broke it down. Would have to be a stellar fake or a mod-provided safe claim, either way given the limited amount of information it's wisest to believe him and move forward until there's better intel.

6 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Not to mention the Kalvary or not Kalvary results, which AVM more or less vetted when he talked about the “details of my claim”

you are correct. my bad.

unvote

6 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

This doesn’t make sense. We just lost the cop and you’re voting the guy who claims to be replacing him? His claimed role is now extremely valuable and we can easily vet him now.

It seemed like the claim was false because AVM was FBI and AJ went with PD. Two different agencies - why would the deputy to an FBI agent come from the PD? But AJ is right that AVM vetted him.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, AVM said:

JiF throwing that vote down at deadline yesterday and leaving was pretty damn gross after all the flailing about. I do agree with Nyn, too, that he's been a little more over the top than usual...somethings off, I just can't tell how.

vote JiF

AVM came into d2 casting this vote. And he parked it there till he moved to dpr all of a sudden just around the time stark got hammered.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I get what you're saying.

But then why did AVM back off from voting AJ?

8 minutes ago, A.J. said:

It sounds like there was three attacks last Night

This Hooded Justice Imposter - Good or bad based on canon?

Another shot that the target was saved from at the last second

And then whoever killed AVM - tiny person?

I could see avm as a potential mistake shot by a vig. 

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

I could see avm as a potential mistake shot by a vig. 

Possible. The paragraph seems to be character hints, maybe, but I don’t know the source material enough to reason out who it would be from the series.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It seemed like the claim was false because AVM was FBI and AJ went with PD. Two different agencies - why would the deputy to an FBI agent come from the PD? But AJ is right that AVM vetted him.

I think for our purposes it’s safe to assume FBI and Tulsa PD are one and the same. But even if he might be lying and wasn’t vetted, the vote still didn’t make sense from an actual gameplay standpoint when we can vet him ourselves if we don’t, ya know, string him up first.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

AVM came into d2 casting this vote. And he parked it there till he moved to dpr all of a sudden just around the time stark got hammered.

Been thinking about this. I really wish he voted D3.