HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

19 minutes ago, A.J. said:

It sounds like there was three attacks last Night

This Hooded Justice Imposter - Good or bad based on canon?

Another shot that the target was saved from at the last second

And then whoever killed AVM - tiny person?

There’s no Hooded Justice imposter in the show that I can remember. Hooded Justice himself would absolutely be considered a vig though. I’d lean that way here.

The diminutive person I think would have to be Lady Trieu. Without giving away too much she’s got her own ambitions and manipulates everything to her own ends. She wouldn’t be on anyone’s side but her own I don’t think, but why would a SK or second scum team holster until N3? Doesn’t make much sense.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:03 PM, AVM said:

*tells self*

Dont get behind the Corey. Dont get behind the Corey. Stop trusting your instincts because they’re garbage and don’t get behind the Corey.

This is the closest he gets to a vote on D3 I think.

I have AVM’s results for N1-N3. I will reveal them later so I would rather time be spent making cases or giving reads on the active players in the game rather than trying to figure out who the peeks are.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It seemed like the claim was false because AVM was FBI and AJ went with PD. Two different agencies - why would the deputy to an FBI agent come from the PD? But AJ is right that AVM vetted him.

Bruh... Read the OP, wipe the omgus out of your eyes and focus. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I have AVM’s results for N1-N3. I will reveal them later so I would rather time be spent making cases or giving reads on the active players in the game rather than trying to figure out who the peeks are.

I'd love it if you kept those to yourself until close to or after the lynch, just depending on what they are. 

1 hour ago, SMC said:

The 19 players are:

1) Jetsfan80

2) A.J.

3) Jetscode1 - Red Scare (Town Bomb): Dead D1

4) Barry McCockinner

5) Pac

6) AVM - Agent Laurie Blake (Town Investigator): Dead N3

7) HessStation

? Dicetosser

9) Arsis

10) DPR

11) JiF

12) CTM

13) Dandie Andie Doodle - Lube Man (Diminutive Townie, 1 night actions-avoidance but takes 1 less vote to arrest): Arrested D3

14) Drums

15) Nynaeve

16) Stark  - Seventh Kalvary Soldier (Scum Goon): Arrested D2

17) The Crusher - Agent Petey (Town Watcher): Killed N1

18) Jvill 51

19) Smashmouth

48 minutes ago, A.J. said:

It sounds like there was three attacks last Night

This Hooded Justice Imposter - Good or bad based on canon?

Another shot that the target was saved from at the last second

And then whoever killed AVM - tiny person?

Agreed. 

Dandie was a Diminutive Townie fwiw, so we know it's possible a vig shot AVM. I'd also prefer the vig's keep their shots until closer to endgame when we'll need them. 

31 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I think for our purposes it’s safe to assume FBI and Tulsa PD are one and the same. But even if he might be lying and wasn’t vetted, the vote still didn’t make sense from an actual gameplay standpoint when we can vet him ourselves if we don’t, ya know, string him up first.

Check the vote count above - they are both listed as Town, so it doesn't matter if they are FBI or TPD.

8 minutes ago, DPR said:

Agreed. 

Dandie was a Diminutive Townie fwiw, so we know it's possible a vig shot AVM. I'd also prefer the vig's keep their shots until closer to endgame when we'll need them. 

Good point. Ape got a 1x commute and became -1 to lynch so maybe it’s the same thing but with a 1x gun shot.

AVM makes sense for a vig target as well.

2 hours ago, DPR said:

We're on the same page - I'm saying that Stark is on a team with vets, and they all came up with the outrageous D1 reveal plan because it would be hysterical. Hence lulz.

Crusher getting whacked N1 absolutely implies a vet was worried about getting picked off, and wifoming AJ's alignment by leaving him on the board wouldn't hurt. 

I didn't love AJ's reveal of deputy, but I gotta believe that a scum team wouldn't float 2 big fakes on D1 and the real Cop should have had a peek in AJ's direction by now. 

In that light, I have a hard time seeing you or Arsis fitting into that type of scheme as well. 

Of course, if there are 2 teams that now have joined forces (as per the scene) then that changes things, but I don't think it's productive to focus on that possible interpretation right now. 

I brought this idea up after he was killed.  AVM flamed it whole voting me if I’m not mistaken.  He’s a vet that would encourage a Crusher NK.

Should we like, lynch him?  He’s kinda scummy. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

This seems hasty - what are your thoughts on CTM now? 

They havent changed. He hasnt done or said much since aside from a promise to come back with a case on 80.

What's hasty about it? You're talking as if I just put him at L-1 or something.

I must engage in less sedentary obligations today so may not be able to contribute until the sun sets. 

Initial thought is I have to go back and read the verbiage used by AJ in his revelation..  and I need to decipher what transpired last night via the opening day scene.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

They havent changed. He hasnt done or said much since aside from a promise to come back with a case on 80.

What's hasty about it? You're talking as if I just put him at L-1 or something.

Nothing of the sort. I just figured you would want to watch player’s reactions as they logged on today before plunking a vote down. NBD either way, just trying to picture where you’re coming from. 

Just now, DPR said:

Nothing of the sort. I just figured you would want to watch player’s reactions as they logged on today before plunking a vote down. NBD either way, just trying to picture where you’re coming from. 

Maybe that's what I'm doing

What's NBD?

13 minutes ago, DPR said:

Agreed. 

Check the vote count above - they are both listed as Town, so it doesn't matter if they are FBI or TPD.

First part is interesting and makes more sense than my theory.

And yes, agreed on the last part, distinction without a difference.

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

@AVM what was that whole thing with your sudden vote on DPR on D2? I believe it was after the hammer.

I just isod you and I'm not really impressed. Several jabs at 80 and JiF. Several jabs at DPR and AJ. You didn't really carry any if it through that I've seen.

Prior to Stark's claim JC was in the lead by a couple of votes. Then you cast your vote... apparently cause you were unwilling to vote jc...and then I think Hess and Crusher vote stark... and then Stark reveals, 24 mins after you voted him.

I dont believe Stark pulled that claim out of thin air. I believe it was discussed beforehand. Then after that you were supporting the narrative that his claim was legit.

Was your vote on stark pre-claim just because you were town reading jc or was there more to it?

Why aren't you scumhunting?

He also latched on to weak sauce case against me for my vote when I wasnt around.  Did he reference Crusher too?  Need to look.  Crusher called me out on it too and someone brought that up.  That would be a clever set up.    You, AJ and Hess technically should have been where that logic took you since you guys were around and didn’t consolidate.  

1 hour ago, SMC said:

DAY 4 BEGINS …

A new day has dawned in Tulsa and the TPD have been hard at work through the night searching desperately for the Seventh Kalvary. They arrested one Seventh Kalvary member, but they needed more.

619812072_TulsaPDSNLG.jpg.9d6fbe7c5426ed3be1a46be5e8546b4d.jpg

They interviewed people, roughed up a few of them to get information. Sister Night, Looking Glass and the other police officers heard some interesting stories. They heard again about the Hooded Justice imposter. He caught a well-dressed man and beat him to a pulp and right when he was going to deliver the killing blow, the victim slipped out of his jacket and ran away. One person said that someone had been shot at, but that person jumped out of the way just in time. Both the shooter and the would-be victim ran off.

There was another story, which was especially odd. It was of a diminutive person, man or woman, who had the same strength as the Hooded Justice imposter, and this tiny person pummeled a woman and left her body in an alley.

The police went to the alley and they were shocked with what they found. No one liked her, she was an interloper, but she was their task force leader in this battle against the Seventh Kalvary. But she’s now gone.

AVM, Agent Laurie Blake (Town Investigator), is dead

1118490404_09-LaurieBlake_.jpg.426ae927d311fcfcb13c89f3a41f546d.jpg

With 14 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 8 to arrest

Lmfao 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I brought this idea up after he was killed.  AVM flamed it whole voting me if I’m not mistaken.  He’s a vet that would encourage a Crusher NK.

Should we like, lynch him?  He’s kinda scummy. 

Lynch AJ? I’m thinking no...

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

I must engage in less sedentary obligations today so may not be able to contribute until the sun sets. 

Initial thought is I have to go back and read the verbiage used by AJ in his revelation..  and I need to decipher what transpired last night via the opening day scene.

The good news is, nobody had any expectation whatsoever that would contribute at all, so you’re good there. 

The bad news is that you are becoming more and more of a ringer for the lulz team

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

F yourself

hold up... should i f*ck it, suck it or eat it? I’m confused now?

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Maybe that's what I'm doing

What's NBD?

No Big Deal

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

He also latched on to weak sauce case against me for my vote when I wasnt around.  Did he reference Crusher too?  Need to look.  Crusher called me out on it too and someone brought that up.  That would be a clever set up.    You, AJ and Hess technically should have been where that logic took you since you guys were around and didn’t consolidate.  

False. I put Stark at L2 around the time SMC declared the deadline was getting extended. I unvoted and switched to Nolder after Stark’s reveal, which at the time had been backed by some others.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So AJ's claim was Tulsa PD deputy investigator. This role is FBI.

Doesn't really jibe unless there's two investigators with at least one having a deputy. Does that seem realistic?

Huh?  If anything it somewhat legitimatizes his claim.  I assume he’s got the peeks for town now.  

5 minutes ago, A.J. said:

False. I put Stark at L2 around the time SMC declared the deadline was getting extended. I unvoted and switched to Nolder after Stark’s reveal, which at the time had been backed by some others.

No.  You guys didn’t consolidate but it’s not a big deal.  I’m actually town reading all of you.  Lol.