HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

8 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

You're not dumb enough to false claim cop

I mean, I absolutely would. No reason not to in that situation.

You’re clearly not seeing the nuance around my claim.

Im saying I'm not sure I believe you, yeah

What changed? You think DPR is Town, cool. Doesn’t mean that *I* am scum just because he has morphed into a mouth breather and is pushing bad logic.

Even objectively his case is bad. Lynching me today based on the information provided because he *thinks* AVM would’ve checked me is terrible. Full stop.

Just now, A.J. said:

I mean, I absolutely would. No reason not to in that situation.

You’re clearly not seeing the nuance around my claim.

What changed? You think DPR is Town, cool. Doesn’t mean that *I* am scum just because he has morphed into a mouth breather and is pushing bad logic.

Even objectively his case is bad. Lynching me today based on the information provided because he *thinks* AVM would’ve checked me is terrible. Full stop.

You were never cleared for me, ftr. I was very clear on that.

The fact that you're currently alive plus some tidbits I know... and the fact that AVM's breadcrums dont match what you're trying to sell bothers me.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

You were never cleared for me, ftr. I was very clear on that.

The fact that you're currently alive plus some tidbits I know... and the fact that AVM's breadcrums dont match what you're trying to sell bothers me.

What you think are breadcrumbs.

JiF was not investigated so AVM voting him D2 was his own read. Take that how you will but there’s no info from the mod that influenced his vote.

Just now, A.J. said:

What you think are breadcrumbs.

JiF was not investigated so AVM voting him D2 was his own read. Take that how you will but there’s no info from the mod that influenced his vote.

No way avm doesnt leave breadcrums. Even if he believed you and even if he didnt 

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

No way avm doesnt leave breadcrums. Even if he believed you and even if he didnt 

Go find them then lol. Drums thus far is the only one who found one. You wanna chase ghosts when I am telling you - the guy with AVM’s results in my role PM - that you are wrong for thinking what you do then that’s your deal.

Just now, A.J. said:

Go find them then lol. Drums thus far is the only one who found one. You wanna chase ghosts when I am telling you - the guy with AVM’s results in my role PM - that you are wrong for thinking what you do then that’s your deal.

He voted the same player all of d2 who wasnt being discussed and you think that means nothing?

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

He voted the same player all of d2 who wasnt being discussed and you think that means nothing?

Which part of me knowing the results do you not understand?

You don’t want to believe me, that’s fine. You can answer for that later but your reasoning in this case is wrong.

52 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Btw AJ... why do you think you're still alive after like around 6 NK attempts?

You’re better than this. Really.

I could ask you the same, right? Your guess is as good as mine. I was alive deep into the TMNT game until you subbed in. Me as a backup is lower priority role wise. I’m activated now so I doubt I’m alive much longer.

Seems scum kills have been blocked the last two Nights. Whoever this Hooded Justice guy is has only attacked but not killed anyone. AVM could’ve been a vig shot if the “diminutive” part of the scene was a hint.

AJ is too smart of a player to think nobody would question his claim. The fact that he’s resorting to insults and fake emo is enough to show that he’s playing yo the crowd instead of trying to prove his case. 

There are way too many holes in his claim for him to actually be “upset” at anyone not buying it. 

32 minutes ago, DPR said:

AJ is too smart of a player to think nobody would question his claim. The fact that he’s resorting to insults and fake emo is enough to show that he’s playing yo the crowd instead of trying to prove his case. 

There are way too many holes in his claim for him to actually be “upset” at anyone not buying it. 

The holes are being created by your convoluted logic. Your case is bad, there is no other way for me to address this. You are entirely ignoring the most simple and obvious answer which is I am exactly what I say I am in favor of making up your own theories about what AVM may or not have done with his results. Even purely from an optimal play standpoint your case is still bad. I am now the active cop. There is no way scum will leave me alive for long just for dumb wifom - it’s too risky even if one or two of you bozos want to actively cause friction during the Day. I will catch them - if I haven’t named some already - or I will clear more Townies which becomes increasingly valuable as we go along. You know this.

Also no one is upset or faking emo. Don’t tell me that being called dumb ruffles your feathers, cupcake. I am legit baffled that you and Nyn are taking this line. Remove the tinfoil.

17 minutes ago, A.J. said:

The holes are being created by your convoluted logic. Your case is bad, there is no other way for me to address this. You are entirely ignoring the most simple and obvious answer which is I am exactly what I say I am in favor of making up your own theories about what AVM may or not have done with his results. Even purely from an optimal play standpoint your case is still bad. I am now the active cop. There is no way scum will leave me alive for long just for dumb wifom - it’s too risky even if one or two of you bozos want to actively cause friction during the Day. I will catch them - if I haven’t named some already - or I will clear more Townies which becomes increasingly valuable as we go along. You know this.

Also no one is upset or faking emo. Don’t tell me that being called dumb ruffles your feathers, cupcake. I am legit baffled that you and Nyn are taking this line. Remove the tinfoil.

The single most important thing you said in your defense was that you claimed deputy "Investigator" Not "Cop"

7 hours ago, Pac said:

Just reviewed AJ's reveal and in my expert opinion it seems 100% authentic.  He used Pirate Jenny as the deputy when the logical fake claim would have been Agent Petey who was Agent Blakes right hand person during the show.  This was before Crusher was shown to be Petey and a Watcher.

He used the term "investigator" instead of "cop".

He correctly states that AVM didn't vote him or appear to challenge the claim.

If my instincts again netted us scum with DPR is there any doubt that I am simply incredible?

DPR, Drums, CTM.  If there's still a game left after that I will find whoever is left and lead the town to their obliteration.

good post here by PAC in regards to AJ

19 hours ago, Arsis said:

I played like 3 games on DM after being invited from here. I'm just an actual jets fan from Brooklyn. You are obsessed with me and dm.

Did I **** your wife?

i might as well put you on ignore. You completely ignore my questions that I asked to try and figure out how your dumb ass plays and just go for an insult while repeating yourself. 

19 hours ago, DPR said:

This is unnecessary baiting - best way to squash Dice’s ridiculous reasoning is to ignore it. If you suspect him for gameplay, great. But inciting a flamewar isn’t going to get us anywhere.

i was simply trying to find out how the hell he makes decisions. Im a gut and meta player   you know that. That info answers one of those for me. I wasnt giving "ridiculous reasons" i was asking pretty fair questions considering the topic he has just kept repeating at me.

15 hours ago, DPR said:

You think Stark, Smash and Dice came up with the Dr. Manhattan FR on D1? And then took out Crusher?

?

thank you for your faith faith in my abilities.  But your right that I wouldnt have killed crusher.

9 hours ago, DPR said:

Lol, I embarrass myself all the time, so that’s no deterrent ?

The LAST thing I wanted to do was question you - even as you’ve picked at Nyn and light-stepped things here and there. But the “Deputy” bit was always too convenient and AVM would have absolutely breadcrumbed his total support of your claim. 

ok can we not do the stoopid town v town schtick plz?

The results that AJ gave out dont clear him of themselves  but considering AJ claimed D1 it makes sense to me that AVM would have been poking at him D2 on if he thought AJs claim was bogus. He wouldnt even NEED to investigate him and wouldnt have to claim to poke at AJ.

for me today its Barry Drums or CTM.

Vote Barry

1 hour ago, Dicetosser said:

i might as well put you on ignore. You completely ignore my questions that I asked to try and figure out how your dumb ass plays and just go for an insult while repeating yourself. 

i was simply trying to find out how the hell he makes decisions. Im a gut and meta player   you know that. That info answers one of those for me. I wasnt giving "ridiculous reasons" i was asking pretty fair questions considering the topic he has just kept repeating at me.

thank you for your faith faith in my abilities.  But your right that I wouldnt have killed crusher.

ok can we not do the stoopid town v town schtick plz?

The results that AJ gave out dont clear him of themselves  but considering AJ claimed D1 it makes sense to me that AVM would have been poking at him D2 on if he thought AJs claim was bogus. He wouldnt even NEED to investigate him and wouldnt have to claim to poke at AJ.

for me today its Barry Drums or CTM.

Vote Barry

When I say you were going on a ridiculous tangent with the meta thing, it's because that's all you were focusing on. Early game is one thing, but at some point gut & instinct are not going to get the job done. And I have no lack of faith in your abilities - I just know that you play for a limited amount of time each day and only make a handful of posts, which is a style that doesn't lend itself to supporting and pushing big fake reveals imo. 

Avoiding a town v town blowup is in the town's best interest, so I'll defer to your greater wisdom. 

4 hours ago, A.J. said:

1. The most simple and obvious answer was that Stark was who he said he was. But here we are...

2. Not for wifom, but to absorb the Doc protect.

3. You're upset. You are *not* baffled, lol.

Look, your tone and blind spots are what they are. The most simple and obvious answer here is that the game only had 1 Cop and that you were smart enough to put together a convincing description. Stark certainly did for his fake claim. 

Bottom line is this - the town isn't going to vote you today, we all know that. But I do hope everybody remembers what I've said if you keep clearing town players, lol. You need to offer up some scum, so you best get to it. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, A.J. said:

You’re better than this. Really.

I could ask you the same, right? Your guess is as good as mine. I was alive deep into the TMNT game until you subbed in. Me as a backup is lower priority role wise. I’m activated now so I doubt I’m alive much longer.

Seems scum kills have been blocked the last two Nights. Whoever this Hooded Justice guy is has only attacked but not killed anyone. AVM could’ve been a vig shot if the “diminutive” part of the scene was a hint.

Oh well as long as I'm better than that... *rolls eyes*

I know why I'm still alive. But I'm pretty sure no one even attempted a swing at you and that intrigues me. For instance why they'd shoot Crusher over you.

So... can we lynch JiF now? Or do.you have someone better in mind?

@DPR we are not lynching AJ today. 

If he keeps surviving nights we'll have an answer. No way scum leaves him alive for wifom if he keeps sharing peeks. They have to either shoot him or start picking off his peeks otherwise they'll lose by poe. So we're not gonna do their job for them.

So lets refocus and find scum today

It's self resolving. I dont think dice is scum anyhow out of that list. And there's of course always a chance of a godfather in the mix to counter the cop role... but that's neither here nor there. There are still more scum out there even if AJ is indeed fibbing.

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

If he keeps surviving nights we'll have an answer. No way scum leaves him alive for wifom if he keeps sharing peeks. They have to either shoot him or start picking off his peeks otherwise they'll lose by poe. So we're not gonna do their job for them.

Of course if he's lying then he'll just keep on surviving every single night which... lol

See the bold below - I just said the same thing. 

1 hour ago, DPR said:

1. The most simple and obvious answer was that Stark was who he said he was. But here we are...

2. Not for wifom, but to absorb the Doc protect.

3. You're upset. You are *not* baffled, lol.

Look, your tone and blind spots are what they are. The most simple and obvious answer here is that the game only had 1 Cop and that you were smart enough to put together a convincing description. Stark certainly did for his fake claim. 

Bottom line is this - the town isn't going to vote you today, we all know that. But I do hope everybody remembers what I've said if you keep clearing town players, lol. You need to offer up some scum, so you best get to it. 

Just now, DPR said:

See the bold below - I just said the same thing. 

Ok so who's showing up on your radar here?

I kinda wanted ctm but im not sure he does the disappearance act like that as scum. Would be a cheap win.

80 and drums feel absent. Barry and JiF kinda jump in and out but better in that sense. Dice is also pretty awol.

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

It's self resolving. I dont think dice is scum anyhow out of that list. And there's of course always a chance of a godfather in the mix to counter the cop role... but that's neither here nor there. There are still more scum out there even if AJ is indeed fibbing.

Straight up, I think all 3 are town (Dice, Hess & Smash) - the thought that a fake Cop claimer would try to hide scum by calling them town in a game where we've (most likely) had multiple big hits is ludicrous. All it takes is one random shot to bring the entire farce down. 

14 players left. 3 to 4 scum and at I'd wager at least 1 3P left, so if we clear the 3 above, we have 4 or 5 non-town out of 11. A town that had it's sh*t together ought to be able to lynch one and investigate one without much fuss. 

Based on AVM's D2 vote:

Unvote - Vote JiF

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Ok so who's showing up on your radar here?

I kinda wanted ctm but im not sure he does the disappearance act like that as scum. Would be a cheap win.

80 and drums feel absent. Barry and JiF kinda jump in and out but better in that sense. Dice is also pretty awol.

Does a cheap win matter? At all? 

80 has evaporated.

Drums has been around, but he's been analyzed a lot and folks don't seem to be feeling that vote. 

Dice is always awol, but I haven't felt a scum vibe from him and he's on the "clear" list. 

Why are you wavering form JiF? You pointed AVM's vote out and AJ never did answer you regarding that. He fits your profile for a JN vet hitting Crusher. All the boxes are checked, yeah? 

14 minutes ago, DPR said:

Straight up, I think all 3 are town (Dice, Hess & Smash) - the thought that a fake Cop claimer would try to hide scum by calling them town in a game where we've (most likely) had multiple big hits is ludicrous. All it takes is one random shot to bring the entire farce down. 

14 players left. 3 to 4 scum and at I'd wager at least 1 3P left, so if we clear the 3 above, we have 4 or 5 non-town out of 11. A town that had it's sh*t together ought to be able to lynch one and investigate one without much fuss. 

Based on AVM's D2 vote:

Unvote - Vote JiF

Good vote, that guy is definitely scum!