HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

Hello my friends.  Some interesting things have transpired over the last 48 hours.  There are reasons why I was being silly for the past day phases.  I'm not scum, Im in fact town and quite valuable, I might add...if you havent already guessed that at this point.  

I'm waiting on a little something something from our friendly mod and once I return, I will have the path to victory but guess what you're going to have to do to realize this victory?....

.....trust me

Of the players that aren't eliminated from the lynch pool, this is my scum -> town order right now. 

•  JiF - Smells bad. Looks bad sniffing around CTM train, not being helpful JiF - basically trolling. Probably scum.
  •  Arsis - Starting to ping like a mofo last night. Has some strange posts when ISO'd, and just going with nyn after she voted him seemed ... off
  •  Drums - I could go either way - probably should re-read - again
  •  Jvill 51  - null read
  •  Nynaeve - probably town. not ruling out a very slick bus of CTM, but I consider that highly unlikely at this point.
  •  Jetsfan80 - Already had him in my town bucket but comes off looking better after sniffing around CTM post lynch.

Not voting:

• Dicetosser - investigated
  • HessStation - investigated
  • Smashmouth - investigated
  • AJ - I believe his claim as AVM essentially confirmed it by being impressed with the details of it and not revisiting
  • Pac - Character reveal is good

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Would vote JiF but he's already at L2 and now he apparently has something. Just browsing/quick replies until lunch - to work.

Pls wait until i finish work and can catch up properly. We're in no hurry.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pac said:

I really don't see how he could have made the perfect claim not knowing the word investigator would be used and that Pirate Jenny was the character to use and not Petey..  I watched the show..  Petey was with Blake in almost every scene.

Join me in the Drums lynch, simple one.

Why do you think drums is scum?

Thoughts on Arsis?

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Of the players that aren't eliminated from the lynch pool, this is my scum -> town order right now. 

•  JiF - Smells bad. Looks bad sniffing around CTM train, not being helpful JiF - basically trolling. Probably scum.
  •  Arsis - Starting to ping like a mofo last night. Has some strange posts when ISO'd, and just going with nyn after she voted him seemed ... off
  •  Drums - I could go either way - probably should re-read - again
  •  Jvill 51  - null read
  •  Nynaeve - probably town. not ruling out a very slick bus of CTM, but I consider that highly unlikely at this point.
  •  Jetsfan80 - Already had him in my town bucket but comes off looking better after sniffing around CTM post lynch.

Not voting:

• Dicetosser - investigated
  • HessStation - investigated
  • Smashmouth - investigated
  • AJ - I believe his claim as AVM essentially confirmed it by being impressed with the details of it and not revisiting
  • Pac - Character reveal is good

Here’s the deal in quick cliff notes...

Part 1: Pretty sure AVM breadcrumbed the sh*t out of JiF. He was very skeptical D1, then pretty much told us we should Lynch him D2. Also, was def straddling the fence on AJ’s reveal. My only caution yesterday was w DPR bc of AVM’s unusual vote on DPR day 2 while we were speedlynching Stark. That was worth exploring, given DPR’s town flip, I have more confidence that it was JIF who was investigated N1.  

Part 2. I’m very suspicious of AJ, based on 4 confirmed Townies and my power, if he’s actually the deputy cop. Seems too easy. Also: Why a deputy cop w a gimped scum GF. 

Part 3: lynching AJ, if town, confirms 4 townies. If scum, 3 dead scum. Like our chances. Lynching JiF, if town, imo quasi-confirms AJ’s story bc then AVM was just guessing on JiF. Things would add up, be cleaned up. If JiF is scum, I think that shows AVM was bread crumbing  and AJ full of sh*t. 

Hence why I can go either route. Bc even a mis lynch on either would help clear things up w town still having the advantage 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Pac said:

Let scum kill him at night..  I agree it's not prudent to keep him until end game but for now we still have #'s and I see no reason for it.

Point is they havent been inclined to do so...

9 hours ago, A.J. said:

My choice for Barry is sound even though you lack the nuance to see it. Decent scum equity. Not likely to be killed. Now he is cleared for the long game and the POE is reduced further.

I’m not going to get dragged into another one of these fights today. Do what you want and I will continue hunting down scum in the meantime.

Cut the condescending crap

Jif looks like hes starting to pull a CTM.

I cant for the life of me understand why drums has gone from target to untouchable and it makes me wonder if this is closer than I think. 

Something is rotten in Denmark!

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Here’s the deal in quick cliff notes...

Part 1: Pretty sure AVM breadcrumbed the sh*t out of JiF. He was very skeptical D1, then pretty much told us we should Lynch him D2. Also, was def straddling the fence on AJ’s reveal. My only caution yesterday was w DPR bc of AVM’s unusual vote on DPR day 2 while we were speedlynching Stark. That was worth exploring, given DPR’s town flip, I have more confidence that it was JIF who was investigated N1.  

Part 2. I’m very suspicious of AJ, based on 4 confirmed Townies and my power, if he’s actually the deputy cop. Seems too easy. Also: Why a deputy cop w a gimped scum GF. 

Part 3: lynching AJ, if town, confirms 4 townies. If scum, 3 dead scum. Like our chances. Lynching JiF, if town, imo quasi-confirms AJ’s story bc then AVM was just guessing on JiF. Things would add up, be cleaned up. If JiF is scum, I think that shows AVM was bread crumbing  and AJ full of sh*t. 

Hence why I can go either route. Bc even a mis lynch on either would help clear things up w town still having the advantage 

I like this post.

Im game.

If JiF flips scum then AJ goes next.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

Jif looks like hes starting to pull a CTM.

I cant for the life of me understand why drums has gone from target to untouchable and it makes me wonder if this is closer than I think. 

Something is rotten in Denmark!

AJ went at him early on hard in a way that is atypical for him. Then dud a 180 on him. If AJ is dirty you could very well be right.

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2020 at 6:05 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I deserve shade for switching from my top town read to voting on him, especially when he flipped town. I do want to add context to that though. DRP questioned my read, which was basically that he was aggressively scum hunting, and said something to the effect of he was being aggressive/opportunistic in trying to get anyone lynched. So I went back and reviewed his posts thinking about it from that angle.

It sure as hell did look that way and then I came across a new exchange I hadn't read of his yet where he first called DRP a liar for (paraphrasing) saying JC was just aggressively trying to lynch anyone, then Arsis said it didn't seem like he cared who got lynched, and they JC straight up said he didn't care. Add to all of that the fact that he mis-characterized something I said when he tried to push my train and it all added up to scum to me.

I should have stuck with my guns here. In the past being too stubborn and not rethinking has gone wrong so I want to try and be more open to things. 

As for "asking obvious questions" - I thought nyn's reaction of we're F'd was overboard even if you were the main cop since there's likely a doc. Definitely not an ideal spot but F'd seems a bit much. Whatever. I waited to ask that question until after the deadline because I thought it might be an answer like that.

8 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

AJ went at him early on hard in a way that is atypical for him. Then dud a 180 on him. If AJ is dirty you could very well be right.

Hi I know you hate me and probably have me on ignore but this is the path.  I'm pretty sure you're town, not convinced 100% yet, but if you are - this is the course of action.  

Kill Barry - he is not town.  We will then see that AJ is lying and we can kill him tomorrow.

We are trusting AJ way too much, he viewed Barry last night?  dude...

So best way to vet him? Kill one of his townies (ideally Barry because he's scum) and then we kill AJ tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

My brain figured it out 

I agree with Hess but not his timing.

As the game gets closer to end game and the numbers start to get tighter we may have to lynch AJ just to make sure he is100 % telling the truth and 100 % vett the players he named. I'm not saying this because I think AJ is scum Im just saying this because its sound logic. I believe his reveal but I've (as we all have) believed other reveals in the past and was shocked to see they were fake. One thing that should always worry you about a Cop is 

1. Why is he still alive ? Could be Doc protection could be he's scum

2. Why is every investigation a town investigation ?

3. Questionable investigations 

When it comes to timing I think we need to wait for one maybe two more investigations. Even if it turns up scum we may still at some point need to lynch AJ just to make sure all the town players are vetted as AJ's job would be done if he's telling the truth. He could also very well be lying even if he peeks a scum player. 

As an example lets say we have 5 vetted players according to AJ and 9 players left in the game If we kill AJ at that point and he is what he says he is the numbers would be in our favor to lynch out of the pool of 4 (possibly 3 if we let him have one more investigation) in which 2 of those players should be scum.

The above example is just that, an example I know other variables can happen obviously but Im just trying to say why a late lynch of AJ would benifit town. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hi I know you hate me and probably have me on ignore but this is the path.  I'm pretty sure you're town, not convinced 100% yet, but if you are - this is the course of action.  

Kill Barry - he is not town.  We will then see that AJ is lying and we can kill him tomorrow.

We are trusting AJ way too much, he viewed Barry last night?  dude...

So best way to vet him? Kill one of his townies (ideally Barry because he's scum) and then we kill AJ tomorrow. 

I agree we do have to kill AJ at some point otherwise we could follow him to the loss if hes town we have a large advantage because we 100 % know his investigations were correct.