HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

I think prolly arsis needs to go as the most duh option. Being straightforward is cool and all but it's a tool for future vetting. And he would garner favor for giving a bpv to a townie. Him giving smash a bpv vs getting a shot could have been to balance the odds against scum. Ie give the vig protection and give a 3p with no shots a nk. There was also that implication that it was black market dealing.

I dont know the theme but there were other 3p and their wincon didnt seem to change based on jif. As I understand it (and I could be very wrong but idgaf) is that smc designed the game so the bad guys could win either by who smoked jif first or if that falls through...fend for themselves in a regular game.

Arsis has done very little imo. I rather lose to someone like hess if he's fooling me than letting arsis coast to victory after this much effort.

As for Pac I guess he could also be a possibility. But I think he would have day vigged me if he wasnt town. Or maybe not lol... just a hunch.

Ape... dunno. I really dont think dice was scum but that's based on how I read him in games and me knowing him really well. And also recognizing some of his classical dice nudges that ring true to me. I cant really prove it with a case. Just my opinion. 

If you guys feel the patient mood is striking you today, I'll be off work in like 6-7 hours and I'll try to iso both arsis and pac for insight.

I think we need to stop with the speedlynching cause this is a make it or break it moment. I rather end this today then have it drag on and possibly cost us the game.

Your call. Bbl

It stands to reason arsis wouldn't have a shot if he has the ability to recruit. But to give him a chance smc did this trade thing to give him one shot. I think it is a smart way to put arsis on the same level of the other 3p.

Who disclosed that he and barry were together?

Also a little thing.

How was JiF sure that 80, jvill and barry were not town? I thought maybe he was told who shot at him during night phases... but then that list should have included Smash. Puzzled about this.

13 hours ago, HessStation said:

You had ability to shoot someone.

so does smash every night 

both aren’t town...how is that hard to understand 

Lol I had  Smash town based on cop inv but was wrong 

now that we know smash is town what is your current take on pac?

13 hours ago, HessStation said:

LOL❤️ But then how am I the SK?

Can we check the show...I think there Is 4 factions when I was looking up 80’s reveal. 

if the show has 4 factions we can maybe sorta clear Arsis 

explain this

13 hours ago, Pac said:

Veidt perpetrated a fake alien invasion that killed millions but saved the world from destroying itself via nuclear war.

In the show we're 30 years ahead and Veidt was trapped on a moon of jupiter for almost the whole show but then came back and saved the day via a Squid attack. 

That's why guys like AJ and I think Jvill too that had seen the show were saying Veidt is good.

Actually if there is a 3rd party left it's gotta be Lady Trieu..  But Smash keeps insisting Arsis is town.

What is Nyn?  What are you? What is that buffoon Ape?

I don't recall AJ and Jvill saying that... any chance you have the quotes?

13 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

explain this

When i google searched a character the picture on the page made it appear like there were four factions to the storyline but not sure and it was actually when I checked Stark’s character not 80’s.  Hence I asked the people who watched the show. Basically it’s a ****ed up story line you can make a lot of factions out of it. 

But I’m thinking Arsis is just the last one standing but...

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

I’m Prez Robert Redford, didn’t claim role 

Smash: Hooded Justice Vig

Arsis, third party something not human and can trade stuff w Smash

Pac: Veidt role is cant remember, he can pick different actions

Nyn: no reveal

you: no reveal 

we are out of reveals today 

Claim your role

12 hours ago, Pac said:

I think you could have hammered but didn't so I'll answer. 

I am Town Jack of all trades..  I spoke the Queens English for 3 days to earn 3 items.  Once of them I utilized when I rained hellfire on that buffoon DPR.  I warned him...  If you start here you'll see how that pig met his maker:

I'll keep what else I earned to myself.

maybe a mirror...

12 hours ago, Teh Bumble said:

This reads as though both an alliance formed: my guess here is that Trieu and Hooded Justice would have to band together and/or the exchange of goods was part of that connection. I dunno. Too easy to infer the wrong thing.

Was there any significance to the person being "pulled out of the way"? It implies someone else protected the target.

no sh*t, Karen 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pac said:

I can make a case for voting every player left.

Arsis and Smash are linked together..  Arsis is Lady Trieu and Smash is either real of Fake Hooded justice..  they could be a SK team

Hess hasn't been right all game and the Robert Redford claim is weird since he's not even on the show

Nyn put Hess at L1 and left him there for a while expecting me to hammer..  then unvoted to "sleep on it"

Dice was non-descript the entire game other than battling with Arsis..  Now the Ape has come in putting in work I would expect him to do as 3rd party.

Sorry for not joining your dumb parade over sleep.... oh wait, no I'm not.

Ape/Dice is the mirror I was pretending to be all game LOL. 

And I was going to Fake reveal Mirror btw.

all the way up to the Cops inv not confirming me anymore. That threw me for a loop LOL

Anyway I hinted and or pretended to be a Mirror  or Redirector all game after the Day 1 hammer on JC, Bomb. 

hope the wifom worked against scum

12 hours ago, Teh Bumble said:

Alright, well I've read through all of @SMC's scenes.... 

applause slow clap GIF

Several of them reference a "hooded justice impostor", but then there is one scene where it contemplates that it could really be him, or not, and after that point HJ is no longer referenced as impostor. 

So, with Smash claiming to be HJ, and the fact there are no more Kavalry in the game. I think the pragmatic thing to do is lynch the other killing role - to rule out SK. 

Other thoughts:

• I'm stuck on Veigt as 3rd party, because that's what I'd have done - this is not good form for play though - that said, I love lynching a whining PigPac any game, regardless of alignment
  • I'm hesitant to buy Hess's character claim of Redford, since he doesn't show up in the show, and it would be an ideal "fake claim" for the mod to give out
  • I'd really like Nyn to reveal - her presence in the game is reminiscent of the last time she schooled me as scum, that's just a feeling thing, but I'm not ignoring it again

I schooled others this game. Have to give everyone attention otherwise people's feelings get hurt.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Arsis said:

SMC literally all but confirmed what I said about my win condition and thus it follows me being allowed to move to town.

I said my win condition before SMC confirmed it.

What SMC said confirms nothing about your current alignment.

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

Also if there are two left it’d be too important to let both Smash and Arsis live bc it’s end game W 2 v 2 tomorrow 

I think if Arsis is lying maybe he recruited more than just Barry.... in which case we're ****ed.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

I think if Arsis is lying maybe he recruited more than just Barry.... in which case we're ****ed.

No way. The only scene was w Smash. Which is why Smash was the right lynch yesterday tbh. 

The scene said they made some kind of alliance or deal....ended up just being a deal for the vest and gun

Just now, Nynaeve said:

What SMC confirms nothing about your current alignment.

I said my win condition was tied to doctor Manhattan and when they went away I was giving a choice and then SMC can in with a mod note saying that I was telling the truth.

I have been telling the truth all game. I called the trade beforehand. I was also just 1x kill-proof.

If I would have joined the kalvery the mod wouldn't have said they were dead in the post. There has to be another faction or serial killer type deal going on is my only guess.

If it's not you and it's not me it has to be Ape, Pac or hess.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

No way. The only scene was w Smash. Which is why Smash was the right lynch yesterday tbh. 

The scene said they made some kind of alliance or deal....ended up just being a deal for the vest and gun

Yep switched my unkillable for a night with Smash's gun for a night. Was a good trade. I called it so people would know before hand and not go on crazy tangents.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Teh Bumble said:

Unvote vote nyn

gross 

10 hours ago, Teh Bumble said:

What is the deal with Nyn? Is her game the cleanest?

You sound surprised 

10 hours ago, Arsis said:

So we're thinking smash is the SK and not a town killer every night?

I'm sorry smash the kills on town look bad.

Vote smash

What about JiF's vig on a townie? ick

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Yes.  She hasn't even really been run up or questioned much.

It's concerning but I think the hothead with a gun who admits to shady black market deals is more concerning.

We have #'s..  at most there's 2 more (Smash and Arsis).  If Smash is town, which seems unlikely, then whoever is left can see what happens at night and reassess. 

worried he might have shot you at night?