HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure but we didn't kill you because we thought you were a power role.  We killed you because you were never going to be lynched in this game, lol.  

As it turned out everyone but poor @Drums got to be a fun/power role, lol.  @SMC why you hate Drums so much???

My thoughts exactly throughout this entire game :(

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure but we didn't kill you because we thought you were a power role.  We killed you because you were never going to be lynched in this game, lol.  

As it turned out everyone but poor @Drums got to be a fun/power role, lol.  @SMC why you hate Drums so much???

I know. That’s why I’m not interested In playing anymore. Rather just watch and break balls. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Drums said:

My thoughts exactly throughout this entire game :(

That was Random.org's fault.  I needed to have at least 1 VT.  If there was going to be 20 players there would have been 2 VT regular police officers. It matched the mafia goon role. Too bad no one believed you. LOL

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Probably the best game set up ever. I don’t want to play another game after that one bc he couldn’t compare. 

Btw read the Dead Thread and @SMC shame on you for not believing in me at the end. When will people understand I don’t mean half of what I say. Also, Lynching Smash first at the end was the right play. 

Great Game @Nynaeve ❤️U

Sorry, @HessStation. :( I should  have believed you, but that you didn't vote Arsis immediately the day of the Smash lynch was troublesome.

I agree that the Smash lynch was necessary to remove the last remaining killer.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Ape listen to me I put in too much work for this to be half assed. Arsis or Hess are the 3rd Party 

We can lynch one today and I can kill one tonight ....... if both are wrong by some strange long shot we can easily lynch PAC because hes the only other logical chance for third party

Must have been someone else that posted this

13 minutes ago, SMC said:

Sorry, @HessStation. :( I should  have believed you, but that you didn't vote Arsis immediately the day of the Smash lynch was troublesome.

Especially for my role. Add in Smash’s questionable targets, coming out wanting to speedlynch me and you purposefully left the scene open ended whether it was an “alliance” or backdoor deal between him and Arsis. We had the numbers. I knew Nyn and Ape were clean so it was worth it. Lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Especially for my role. Add in Smash’s questionable targets, coming out wanting to speedlynch me and you purposefully left the scene open ended whether it was an “alliance” or backdoor deal between him and Arsis. We had the numbers. I knew Nyn and Ape were clean so it was worth it. Lol

how did you know ape was clean?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SMC said:

..And I did vote Arsis first but you have to remember I had multiple votes on me immediately and was too busy defending myself lol. Jsaying 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

@HessStation every game I do has minimal flavor and the scenes leave a lot of clues.

That scene with the "alliance" and "backdoor deal" where TWO separate events.  The alliance was Pac joining Arsis/Barry team.  The backdoor deal was Smash and Arsis exchanging a kill and a vest.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Lynching Smash was the correct move

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Ape listen to me I put in too much work for this to be half assed. Arsis or Hess are the 3rd Party 

We can lynch one today and I can kill one tonight ....... if both are wrong by some strange long shot we can easily lynch PAC because hes the only other logical chance for third party

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Your vote of me was an OMGUS vote simply because I had you as possible 3rd party it was obvious I knew Arsis was third party the entire game but i was befriending him for a reason and i knew he did not have to be killed until later in the game because SCUM HAD TO BE THE FOCUS. 

Once you were lynched I was going to shoot Arsis at night and try to get PAC voted off the next day which was Plainly stated in my Post.

As for killing people ? that was my role ... I killed Barry Right ? I shot 80 Day 2 Right ? The other shots were and had to be used to figure out the game. I shot AJ for good reason because there was an element of Doubt and because killing him gave us reliable info we would have never otherwise have had. Info you and I used over and over . AJ could in no way shape or form be let allowed to live to end game that would have been dreadfully stupid  and he would tell you that as well. he had to be vetted and I vetted him at just the right time.

@Smashmouth, you definitely contributed to the town win with the JF80 lynch and the Barry kill.

The issue was the endgame and the question of whether you would've killed Ape out of anger or killed the obvious 3rd party targets in Arsis and Pac. Also, because of your deal with Arsis, you had a blind-spot for him and likely wouldn't have killed Arsis.  If you weren't the vig at that time (or if I made the role that your shots were used up), you making it to the end would have been beneficial.

But, in endgame, against an opponent that doesn't have a kill, a vigilante is a detriment to the town. It's about the role that is the issue, not the player.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

@Smashmouth, you definitely contributed to the town win with the JF80 lynch and the Barry kill.

The issue was the endgame and the question of whether you would've killed Ape out of anger or killed the obvious 3rd party targets in Arsis and Pac. Also, because of your deal with Arsis, you had a blind-spot for him and likely wouldn't have killed Arsis.  If you weren't the vig at that time (or if I made the role that your shots were used up), you making it to the end would have been beneficial.

But, in endgame, against an opponent that doesn't have a kill, a vigilante is a detriment to the town. It's about the role that is the issue, not the player.

I had zero intention of killing Ape i was just infuriated with his choice of words when he came into the game and dint want to put in any work at all.

Some of the comments made pissed me off but Im not stupid Im not going to make that sway my plan which was laid out for everyone to see. Lynch hess kil arsis at night and lynch pac the next day if need be. They had no night kills so I was not sweating it nor should anyone have been it was an easy victory. It was obvious how I felt about Dice since he was cleared by AJ so why on earth would I have shot Ape that was nowhere in my mind in any way.

Yes the Role could have been an Issue but that's not why Hess voted me. He voted me because I had reasonable doubt he could be 3rd party based on his play the entire game not based off of info on a few pages. if I would have worded my post Lynch Arsis , Kill Pac at night and if thats incorrect lynch Hess the next day ..Hess would NEVER have voted me The only player who voted out of anger was APE and it insults me you think i would have done that to Ape and sabotage my own effort and my teams effort

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Your vote of me was an OMGUS vote simply because I had you as possible 3rd party it was obvious I knew Arsis was third party the entire game but i was befriending him for a reason and i knew he did not have to be killed until later in the game because SCUM HAD TO BE THE FOCUS. 

Once you were lynched I was going to shoot Arsis at night and try to get PAC voted off the next day which was Plainly stated in my Post.

As for killing people ? that was my role ... I killed Barry Right ? I shot 80 Day 2 Right ? The other shots were and had to be used to figure out the game. I shot AJ for good reason because there was an element of Doubt and because killing him gave us reliable info we would have never otherwise have had. Info you and I used over and over . AJ could in no way shape or form be let allowed to live to end game that would have been dreadfully stupid  and he would tell you that as well. he had to be vetted and I vetted him at just the right time.

Your role was suspect built into game mechanics as you made a deal w/ 3rd party. Regardless of anything you could have done. Part what helped the balance was your role’s ambiguity. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Your role was suspect built into game mechanics as you made a deal w/ 3rd party. Regardless of anything you could have done. Part what helped the balance was your role’s ambiguity. 

Correct ...but its p[lainly stated why that was so on the WIKI and in the TV series. Treiu and Hooded Justice are not on the same team or the same page but they obviously helped one another because it helped both their causes. based on the fact we traded for a kill and Vest in game does not nor should not make any of the roles change. I went a read the material and I posted as such in the thread ... Do you remember reading that ?

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

What, you?  No.

JIF you can call me an idiot a fool a jerk an a$$hole ....and so on, I have no issue at all with that. What I have issue with is tone and whats actually meant when someone like Ape came in the game and made it clear he didn't really give a sh*t and threatened to blow up the whole game. There is a huge difference and I'm not sure how people don't see that. I got mad at Ape because if he was going to do that why come into the game at all ?

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When JiF started putting me on blast without any reasoning I was like WTF is this dude cheating or something? How TF is he coming at me like this out of no where? I figured if he had a way of knowing from his role he would just come out and say it at that point in the game.

?

SCM is a cruel mother****er.  The guy who has all the answers (sometimes) that nobody listens to, finally actually had all the answers and guess what happened? Nobody listened and I was lynched, twice and then confirmed Dr. Manhattan and still, the only person to listen to me was Drums.  

I legit thought about just staying invincible and not getting the names because I knew this was going to happen.   There were so many damn roles in the game, I didnt know what was going to be safe or not and I was scared to out a power role by claiming like tracker or somesh*t.  lol

• Post of the Week 2

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Correct ...but its p[lainly stated why that was so on the WIKI and in the TV series. Treiu and Hooded Justice are not on the same team or the same page but they obviously helped one another because it helped both their causes. based on the fact we traded for a kill and Vest in game does not nor should not make any of the roles change. I went a read the material and I posted as such in the thread ... Do you remember reading that ?

Why are you arguing about winning the game w a teammate? 

The scenes were meant to leave doubt, “imposter?” Your trade with 3rd Party left the cop dead and you had some questionable shots, ie Nyn later in the game. 

Town had the numbers so it was a worthwhile lynch. You immediately coming at me that day phase obv made it easier to vote you too. 

I also never really cared bc I felt as long as I could survive town would win, especially based on my power. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

SCM is a cruel mother****er.  The guy who has all the answers (sometimes) that nobody listens to, finally actually had all the answers and guess what happened? Nobody listened and I was lynched, twice and then confirmed Dr. Manhattan and still, the only person to listen to me was Drums.  

I legit thought about just staying invincible and not getting the names because I knew this was going to happen.   There were so many damn roles in the game, I didnt know what was going to be safe or not and I was scared to out a power role by claiming like tracker or somesh*t.  lol

JIF I actually was pushing for you being town until you started with the constant Im scum ...I'm in my QT ,,, Im Scum .... What did you expect ? All you had to do was play the game out with your character and all would have been fine ...so what set you off ? Did you not like the role ? were you bored ? It Didn't make sense to me and so you fell to your own actions

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF you can call me an idiot a fool a jerk an a$$hole ....and so on, I have no issue at all with that. What I have issue with is tone and whats actually meant when someone like Ape came in the game and made it clear he didn't really give a sh*t and threatened to blow up the whole game. There is a huge difference and I'm not sure how people don't see that. I got mad at Ape because if he was going to do that why come into the game at all ?

I was more mad at Dice and grateful for Ape who was obv the mirror. You chose to fight with him which didn’t help either fwiw.  And another reason your lynch made sense. Jbh Smash

• Upvote 1

A couple of things here on behind-the-scenes...

1st, I hope everyone gets  chance to watch HBO's Watchmen. It's amazing. There is only going to be 1 season because the showrunner (who made Lost) doesn't think he can top it so he doesn't want to try and HBO doesn't want someone else to do it.

2nd, there was a lot of protections in the game because there was a lot of killing opportunity in the game

3rd, for set-up, there was 4 scum, 2 3rd party, 1 vig, 1 town free agent, and 12 townies. 3rd party had benefits and tradeoffs. To 3rd party benefit, they couldn't come up guilty on investigation. For that reason, I didn't give them a kill. The only kill would be an exchange with the vig, who would get a vest.

The players with vests, or received a vest were DPR, Pac, 80, Arsis, and Smash (by trade).  Those that could result in a kill were Seventh Kalvary, Trieu Industries 1-time, Smash as vig, JC via bomb, and Dice/Ape via deflection.  Those that lost their vests were DPR, Arsis, 80, and Smash.  Nyn prevented 3 kills, including the potential game winning kill.

4th, the Doctor Manhattan win opportunity was an expansion of what I used in my Wizard of Oz game a decade ago. Pac actually mentioned this in TI thread. This was a separate opportunity where both Seventh Kalvary and Trieu Industries can find Doctor Manhattan and kill him for an automatic win, no matter how many players were left.  Think of this as the nuke in Call of Duty.  All my games are created to last at least 4 day phases, so that is why I added the power transfer feature.  I had to ensure that the game lasted that many days for player enjoyment.

• Upvote 4