HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

7 hours ago, CTM said:

First bit was ape rule, he was a debacle as town doc last game, nearly single handedly losing it, so eliminating him early is good for town regardless of role.

Then he kinda kept fanning the idea of me revealing despite the joke run up 

Then went after dandie and kept at it for multiple reasons (ending with inactivity rational )

So lots of fanning stupid things+ a disaster of a player 

I've already said this, but you keep pushing it - I didn't fan your reveal.

I squashed speculation as to whether or not you would reveal if run up again. I wasn't the one pushing for it, I saw it the same way you did... as a joke train based on nothing and a needless reveal that would have burned one of our chances for the day. 

As far as Dandie goes, he has only himself to blame for any attention on him. 

His little fan dance does nothing help the town and creates needless confusion and speculation. Everybody's fine with a gag, but when somebody asks for something to be cleared up, the town play would have been to do so. Once again, I didn't fan anything here - I just pointed out it was Ape doing his usual stupid Ape sh*t. Then he went off on a spinning rant because he can't read me for sh*t lol

8 hours ago, Nolder said:

Lets see competing trains.

vote stark

Lol this

The game has been stuck for days with half of the roster having votes on them, but Not wants to see competing trains. Smh

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

DL is 4am  I have no plans to be up that early.

I want to lynch either Arsis or AJ.

I dont want to lynch nyn or JC.

unvote vote AJ

night all

So I'll ask my obligatory question - what makes you see JC as town?

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

So I'll ask my obligatory question - what makes you see JC as town?

He's been pretty present and ive liked his tone. He seems invested.

2 minutes ago, DPR said:

And what makes you see AJ as scum?

quite possibly bad reasoning with a possible hole in it but I think i caught a lie. Im just hoping im not mixing names up cause it was a while ago, but im pretty sure arsis played on DM   and so AJ would know him   especially if what im thinking is right.

I KNOW there is an arsis who is a member of DM right now cause I just checked. Or at least an id with that name popped up when i did a mock PM.

14 hours ago, Nolder said:

So I thought the current big train would be the best place to jump back in. I know some of these people have already unvoted but I wanted to analyze their votes regardless. In my estimation there are a few good points being made but overall that train stinks and I will not be joining.

You started your post about how I was making good points but you ended with, I'm not joining the train because it stinks.

Seems contradictory in nature and you've been awarded the 2nd ping of the day.  Wear like a badge of honor. 

13 hours ago, Pac said:

As one of the more tactical players, when you start parroting false narratives it raises a red flag.  The town Stark I know would have read the game and know:

- Hammering fools is what I've done since 2008

- The "everyone" you mention above is actually 3 people...  CTM for his transgressions against mafia, JiF for a legitimate ping, and Dandie to get him to crawl out of his tree and play.

Crushers brain is basically meatloaf which is why I'm not super confident in him as scum..  No one should be super confident in ANYONE being scum.  That is absurd on Day 1.

What I can tell you as one of the premier players in the world, is that JiF's soft claim was unnecessary and queer given the fact this at first glance appears to be a role heavy game.  That's how SMC has done it in the past and I see no reason why he wouldn't do it in a game based on multiple heroes and villains. 

Soft claim?  Did you join 80 on the I'm a dumb **** bus? 

3 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

He's been pretty present and ive liked his tone. He seems invested.

quite possibly bad reasoning with a possible hole in it but I think i caught a lie. Im just hoping im not mixing names up cause it was a while ago, but im pretty sure arsis played on DM   and so AJ would know him   especially if what im thinking is right.

I KNOW there is an arsis who is a member of DM right now cause I just checked. Or at least an id with that name popped up when i did a mock PM.

I straight up don't get what there is to like about his tone, but okay. 

Are you going to share what you're thinking before DL or keep it close to your vest? 

13 hours ago, Pac said:

I'd probably be able to hold it up and bring down but then it would be stuck on my chest and I'd start screaming for help..

300 I can get up though for 1 or 2.  I usually stop at 275 though because there's no point to go much higher..  in fact I'll probably stop with the 275 once the gyms re-open.

I'm impressed you can bench your weight.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DPR said:

19 players. 17 voting. 11 trains. 
At least we get an A for participation lol

The votes a terrible, this site sucks at doing what's best for town.  And you should know better than anyone what that is; listening to JiF. 

13 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

im not sure tbh. I am wondering if AJs fixation with the dandie account and a couple other things are scum aj running diversionary tangents but it also seems too early for him to be doing that. Hed normally be in doing some solid looking scum hunting to establish himself.

You are also a DMer. And Im thinking of a name. Will see

How about you DO some scum hunting first?

This mother****er...

Its right there in my answer DPR    im pretty sure arsis played on dm and AJ would know it.  Aj said in a post earlier he didnt know arsis

the possible fly in the ointment is if i got Arsis name wrong in my head, tho like i said I know that name comes up as a member of DM as of like 10 mins ago. 

now im off to bed

13 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

so you have a long list of reasons for aJ   only 3 for Jif but you go jif?

why?

Oh hey, the guy who says I'm not scum hunting is 10 pages behind the trail I left after that post pinged like a mofo.  Go figure. 

I guess he didnt see that all the votes peeled off of Drums because he cried a little bit. 

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Wow, you guys really going to lynch 80 on day 1 again? 

Nobody even tries anymore and when you do, they listen to Verbal (who literally has made a career out of not trying) instead of the GOAT.

///stares at DPR, grabs crotch, spits on the ground. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Its right there in my answer DPR    im pretty sure arsis played on dm and AJ would know it.  Aj said in a post earlier he didnt know arsis

the possible fly in the ointment is if i got Arsis name wrong in my head, tho like i said I know that name comes up as a member of DM as of like 10 mins ago. 

now im off to bed

I played on DM once or twice and I don't remember and Arsis. Of course, I do drink a lot, so...

You seem preoccupied with names. Not sure that's going to be overly helpful. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Nobody even tries anymore and when you do, they listen to Verbal (who literally has made a career out of not trying) instead of the GOAT.

///stares at DPR, grabs crotch, spits on the ground. 

giphy-3.gif.137aec38b64aa01560f53a7dc2e0c465.gif

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I looked back like 10 games. He was lynched twice on d1 give or take. That's hardly all the time.

Anyone else have multiple D1 lynches?  80 has 2 this season.

It's boring and old and I'm making a stance; @Jetsfan80 - I promise I will never lynch you on D1.  Even if you PM and say, "hey JiF you handsome brilliant man, I'm scum!" - still wont vote you. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Anyways i dont know what to do here... feels like everyone is doing their thing and opinions are totally split

It's funny because the strongest player in the game has a strategy to make days more effective and nobody wants to do it, like ever....

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Kill Pac, he’s thing  the most annoying BBC and least value to town. 

Sound strategy but he did mod last game and I respect our unwritten laws, besides, he's absolutely terrible at this game so while he provides no value, he's also not a threat. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK so since everyone is playing tighter than a ducks a-hole and we have a 2pm deadline tomorrow, I propose that anyone who is on a "train" of 1 move to one with more than one. Since I am in that boat and making the proposal, I'll start.

Of the 4 "more than 1" trains, here are my expert level reads:

Pac - Pac is acting like Pac

80 - 80 is acting like 80

JC - I actually have a strong town read on him. I feel like it's easy to tell when he's town and am surprised to see some vets saying he's a difficult read. Maybe it's me being naive, but he's my strongest town read.

Stark - I think Pac made a pretty good point that Stark should know this is Pac being Pac. He's also after 80 for being 80. Stark is one of the better players on here and generally has more well thought out targets IMO.

unvote

vote stark

Pretty sound strategy, it's really how every day should run.  I noticed Nyn down voted this, interesting....

11 hours ago, A.J. said:

Yeah... not sure if Town is just sucking or scum is just whipping our ass right now. Maybe both.

I know it’s hard to believe, but I am - in fact - not always perfect.

Good observation: Nolder and Hess just seem like they want to be on a wagon that has no reason to be so close to lynch this early

Strawman: So and so are protecting Nolder because they are his teammates 

I already mentioned your cavalier vote on CTM which was out of character, you acknowledged. Still think your anger about the Dandie wagon was disproportionate to the situation but meh. Overall you’re active and digging into 80 so nothing too out of the norm. I would lean Town with the caveat that normally I think I’d feel more strongly by this point but after you smoked me as SK mafia last game I have to cover my ass just in case.

Wait, what?  How is scum whipping anyone's ass on D1 with no deaths?  

lmfao

I cant even decipher between a ping and just straight stupidity here or what....

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2020 at 2:05 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Anything of interest yet?  

Vote CTM

Just a hunch.

Just a quick ISO on JC to see how many people he's voted for or pushed votes on for D1 lol:

1. CTM

On 4/26/2020 at 3:01 PM, Jetscode1 said:

You want this lynch or should we CFD on Pac?

The windup...

On 4/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I'll help.

Unvote, vote Pac

2. Pac

On 4/26/2020 at 10:09 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I like where this is going.  Unvote, vote dandie.

3. Dandie

On 4/27/2020 at 8:14 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Just a little nudge without ever actually throwing down a vote.  I could lynch this guy as well.

Another windup on Barry...

On 4/27/2020 at 8:23 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Fair enough...Drums is suspect...it's not Wednesday and as long as Dandie gives what she got I'm OK with that.

And now Drums is suspect as well...

On 4/27/2020 at 8:29 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Thought that was obvious.  I think you are nudging that train without voting anyone.  If Dandie wasn't self voting I could easily put my vote on you.

Back to Barry... Nudger gonna nudge lol

On 4/27/2020 at 9:17 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Blind lynch his silly ass.

This is about Dandie

On 4/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Ugh...stop the irrational.  Fact is it would take more effort to lynch Barry and why change trains when Dandie is just as fun.  

This is some of that "present" and "invested" analysis everyone is going on about..

On 4/28/2020 at 2:57 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Ape's voting me.  Now, we're playing mafia.  Unvote, vote Barry.

4. Barry

21 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

This is so well done I want to vote JiF.

But now JiF is looking good too...

19 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

None.  Pac is my backup plan if we cannot lynch Barry.  What are your thoughts/read on A.J.?  

And Pac. It's always good to lynch Pac...

18 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Barry's playing not to lose.  Since that train is seriously derailed I'll go with this one.

Unvote, vote @Pac Could also vote @The Crusher or @Arsis.  Their votes stink to high heaven. 

Boom. 

5. Pac

10 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Are you suggesting a Crusher Day 1 lynch?

But Crusher looks good too...

Work hard, play hard.  Get him to 4 votes and I'll join the party.

Here he is talking to Pac (who his vote is currently on) about lynching Crusher. Seems legit.

Eldrick or something right?  Day 1 right?  I seem to remember something...took a bit.  Maybe a bus, as I really don't recall but I'd support a Day 1 lynch on this guy just because.  

@Pac, up to you dude can you get 4 votes, if so you've got mine.

Right on

Lynch all liars.  I can join this train as well.

This is about me - and I've been a "top 3 suspect" for him all game, but no vote yet... 

Suck a bag of dicks you cowardly bitch.

And this gem - nothing says 'I'm present and invested" like this LOL

Grand Total:

5 actual votes on CTM, Pac, Dandie, Barry and back to Pac

2 "I could vote" pushes on Crusher and JiF

Priceless... his complete lack of any coherent analysis past voting for Dandie over Dandie's self vote. 

To me this is just destructive toward town, just like last game.

I don't see a better case. Nol comes in 2nd with his disappearing act, lame ass excuse for it and sudden "competing trains" vote.

Dandie rounds out my top 3 because of his terrible "spinning" logic and the pure distraction factor. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

did you bother reading the content when I did post ? cause you make it sound like I have done nothing ... just asking

lol - what, are you trying to posture like you've provided content?  lol

You know what I always say, scum Smash avoids D1 like the plague.  Not enough content to actually move here but this is what Smash does as scum.  Hide until his name is mentioned...